PDA

View Full Version : Clarification required on solo & Duo

digicell
10-09-10, 12:02
Hi

I would appreciate if someone can clarify the difference between the DUO and SOLO VU+ boxes please. I am confused on the following aspects.

(1) In the SOLO can you record 1 Channel and watch ANY OTHER channel?
Am I right in assuming in the DUO you can record 2 channels and watch one channel which has to be in same transponder as the ones you recording? (Please correct if I am wrong)

(2) If my brother has a Sky Dish but only 1 lnb feed going into his property will the Duo still work?
Am i right in assuming it will work but tuner b will just remain vacant.

What happens if he has 2 LNB feeds going into his property but buys a SOLO would it still work?

Thank you for anyone that can help!

world-of-satellite.co.uk
10-09-10, 12:10
Hi

I would appreciate if someone can clarify the difference between the DUO and SOLO VU+ boxes please. I am confused on the following aspects.

(1) In the SOLO can you record 1 Channel and watch ANY OTHER channel?
Am I right in assuming in the DUO you can record 2 channels and watch one channel which has to be in same transponder as the ones you recording? (Please correct if I am wrong)

The Solo can record one channel but can you can only switch to another channel on the SAME transponder.

(2) If my brother has a Sky Dish but only 1 lnb feed going into his property will the Duo still work?
Am i right in assuming it will work but tuner b will just remain vacant.

The Duo will still work with one feed, but to get full functionality you would need to separate feeds.

What happens if he has 2 LNB feeds going into his property but buys a SOLO would it still work?

Thank you for anyone that can help!

The Solo is only single tuner, so only accepts one feed.

digicell
10-09-10, 18:28
ok so when you say DUO will work with one feed but to get full functionality you need 2 separate feeds.

So would that mean it would work but with 1 feed it would only allow one channel to be recorded and only allow another channel to be watched in the same transponder like the SOLO?

Is there any other functionality that would be lost by using 1 feed with the DUO?

world-of-satellite.co.uk
10-09-10, 18:29
Just the dual tuner capabilities.

digicell
10-09-10, 18:52
Just the dual tuner capabilities.

sorry if im asking a stupid question but what are these dual tuner capabilities?

Sicilian
10-09-10, 18:56
Being able to record one channel and watching another channel on a different transponder.

digicell
11-09-10, 11:01
Being able to record one channel and watching another channel on a different transponder.

Thank You - Can you confirm if someone has 2 feeds from their sky dish and uses a SOLO will it still work if they only use one feed as solo only has capability of one feed?

just want to make sure if this works oto

Sicilian
11-09-10, 11:22
Thank You - Can you confirm if someone has 2 feeds from their sky dish and uses a SOLO will it still work if they only use one feed as solo only has capability of one feed?

just want to make sure if this works oto

Yes, just connect one feed to the Solo.

digicell
11-09-10, 13:23
Yes, just connect one feed to the Solo.

Thanks so the other feed can be left out then?

grtmoby
11-09-10, 13:26
Thanks so the other feed can be left out then?

yes no problem, just make sure it is isolated and so no short circuit by any means can take place