PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Really hoping someone can help here....

kawasakigtr
12-10-12, 07:22
Hi guys,

A friend of mines has just bought a VU+ Solo from the US, and asked me to update the software on it for him; why he didn't buy the Duo like I have to make things simpler for me i'll never know, but I took on the job regardless thinking it would be easy enough.
Now, i'm fairly new to the game after being away from a while so I spent a good bit of time reading on the forum here last night on how to flash the Solo before doing so but the results was not as expected...

First off I flashed with the 2.0 CFE bootloader, and then I flashed the box with the latest image v3.x as described in one of the articles here. All appeared to be well (green light flashing after 5mins) so I rebooted the box but then I got a black screen on my television. After further reading, I hooked up via a serial cable to the box & using putty connected to it so I could view the boot process. During the boot process I noticed errors related to "kernel tainted", and then at the end of the boot process it came up with an error along the lines of "kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt" At this point, I honestly thought I'd bricked the box, but after lots of Googling I decided to flash the box again but with the Vix 2.4 image which has managed to get the box back up & running with an image.

Can anyone tell me what da heck is going on, what I've done wrong, or perhaps is the box maybe a Clone??? Does Clone boxes not support the latest Vix 3.x image? Honestly at this point I don't know, and would like some advice on how to proceed as I've experienced none of these issues with my own Duo which although is running a different box and is running a different image, the principles are the same surely?

Thanks for any help,

Kawasakigtr

danivtec
12-10-12, 07:32
Maybe a clone.

Stanman
12-10-12, 09:56
Can you post up a pic of the box and innards and will be able to help you and establish whether genuine or clone.

kawasakigtr
13-10-12, 19:38
It's a clone! I found a website that shows the differences between the 2 models and it's definitely a clone that he has. Not good!

Larry-G
13-10-12, 19:42
in that case i'll close this thread as there is nothing we can do to help him.