PDA

View Full Version : duo vs gigablue hd

s31teg
11-10-12, 21:46
hello

one of the lads wants a vu like me but i was thinking of selling mine and upgrading to a gigablue quad

anyone know what there like as i find the vu UI and remote works spot on

thanks

Stanman
11-10-12, 21:50
Which Gigablue as there are three models.

Plenty of positive feedback on the SE and UE and quick forum search will take you to them.

The new model the QUAD know one as yet has one but as and when either a member or VIX team get one they will post up a full report. For £339 and the spec, it is a bargain

s31teg
12-10-12, 01:13
i did say the quad, its a great spec.

just thinking if i was to update to the new vu when thats out the gigabyte might hold its value better

and yeah its fantastic spec thus my intrest

i guess ill have to hold on a few weeks

:D

Stanman
12-10-12, 09:50
The DUO2 is not going to be out at least until Xmas but possiably new year. The QUAD is here and very cheap . unlikely the DUO will be anyway nearer that price imho.

75mak
13-10-12, 17:32
The DUO2 is not going to be out at least until Xmas but possiably new year. The QUAD is here and very cheap . unlikely the DUO will be anyway nearer that price imho.

Is that confirmed? wasn't it supposed to be released Q3 of this year? making it October/November?

Stanman
13-10-12, 19:17
Thats the net chatter, but I have no idea.

Rob van der Does
13-10-12, 20:08
Best we can do is guessing: the box has been announced for this year. And you can take my word for it that any manufacture will do his utmost to let new products hit the shelves before Christmas.

But sometimes they don't manage to realise that........

s31teg
14-10-12, 10:29
so im now torn between an ultimo and a gigablue quad

im on the fence what to do

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 10:34
If you're in no hurry you could wait and see how GB-development goes.

Larry-G
14-10-12, 11:11
Is that confirmed? wasn't it supposed to be released Q3 of this year? making it October/November?

Vu have never specified a date for release all talk of such dates on the internet are just rumor and speculation. That said i would expect the box to be relessed before Christmas but that is only my guess.

s31teg
14-10-12, 16:57
If you're in no hurry you could wait and see how GB-development goes.

the lad want it this week :(

i think im going to have to go with another vu for now and see what comes out towards the back end of the year

Stanman
14-10-12, 17:01
I an in the same dilemma, whether to wait for the DUO2 or go for the GB, personally its going to be the GB as I don't think the DUO2 is going to be anyway near the price of the GB and given their product range and support the issues will be fixed very soon - bear in mind lot of the stock is still has to hit the shops and they most def do not want it sitting around so will be doing all they can to fix Asap

s31teg
14-10-12, 22:28
argh ive still be thinking about this all day,

i know the GB has some driver issues but i think this will be soon resolved

and the duo2 overtime would be great once everything been updated as it does not run on e2?!

judge
14-10-12, 22:31
The Duo 2 will run E2 fine??? unless I'm missing something?
The GB Quad has some teething issues as with all new boxes, but have active development, so would expect most issues to be sorted soon.

basilyoung
14-10-12, 22:39
at the mo, the thread is VU duo v Giga blue quad

duo is established Gigablue quad is not

by the time Gigablue quad is established, there will be similar threads ie VU duo2 v Gigablue quad

at present the duo is pretty much plug+play Gigablue Quad is not, simply because its barely here as yet

Larry-G
14-10-12, 22:43
you also have to remember that the Vu's can and have in the past launched with serious issues. the duo and uno both had major flaws at release.

s31teg
14-10-12, 22:48
yeah i can see this but thats the dilema, vu now developed well

just found this review here http://linux-tv.com/gigablue-hd-800-quad-review/

on the whole good, just needs a nice vix image :)

Rob van der Does
15-10-12, 06:52
yeah i can see this but thats the dilema, vu now developed well
just found this review here http://linux-tv.com/gigablue-hd-800-quad-review/
on the whole good, just needs a nice vix image :)
The image won't be the problem: atm it's all driver issues. And that's for GB to fix.

But really the choice shouldn't be too difficult: either you're an 'early adapter' or not. If so, go for the Quad, if not go for a VU.

s31teg
15-10-12, 07:49
yeah ive ordered a ultimo, slight upgrade from my duo, over the next few months see how the GB progress