PDA

View Full Version : How to initialise hdd?

digicell
10-09-10, 11:27
hi

i installed a HDD Maxtor on my VU + DUO but when I press record it says "No HDD Found or HDD not iniatilised"

How do I Inistilise this on the VU + DUo

Thanks

pooface
10-09-10, 11:39
Hi. I have changed the title of your thread, as it wasn't very meaningful...

OK, so you should be able to just go to the menu, choose setup, choose sytem, choose hard drive, then initalise (something along that route, can't remember 100%).

What image are you using, as the dream-elite image can have problems initliasing the hdd...

digicell
10-09-10, 11:43
Hi. I have changed the title of your thread, as it wasn't very meaningful...

OK, so you should be able to just go to the menu, choose setup, choose sytem, choose hard drive, then initalise (something along that route, can't remember 100%).

What image are you using, as the dream-elite image can have problems initliasing the hdd...

Hi mate

thanks sorted it. Im using a VIX Image and it initialised ok

Can you tell me how I can enable the Wireless LAN plugin on the VU _+ DUO in the VIX Image as i tried installing it but it didnt work?

Cheers

pooface
10-09-10, 11:48
Hi mate

thanks sorted it. Im using a VIX Image and it initialised ok

Can you tell me how I can enable the Wireless LAN plugin on the VU _+ DUO in the VIX Image as i tried installing it but it didnt work?

Cheers

Wireless isn't enabled yet in the image, as we only have the 1 dongle at the minute, so are looking in to it for the next release...

digicell
10-09-10, 11:52
hi thks for letting me know

Can you inform me why the EPG button is not showing any program listing information? It shows the channels but no programs so I cannot set something to record for today evening for instance.

I am trying to get the following to work still on my box:
- EPG Functionality
- Removing all adult channels from my list

In my menu of channels there are some greyed out im not sure whether this is because i rescanned the old ones are still appearing. How do i remove them?

pooface
10-09-10, 12:24
The reason why the epg is not appearing, I guess is because you haven't actually downloaded any epg data for the box?!

Hold down the blue button until the extensions menu appears. Choose the epg downloader, press the blue button, choose the providers you want to download epg data for, save the info, then press yellow button to do a manual download. This should then import the data after it's finished downloading/converting, and then should be available with the epg button...