PDA

View Full Version : VU Ultimo - Internal / External HDD Recording

nsharma
10-10-12, 13:23
Hi,

As a newbie, I wonder if you can please help me with questions relating to attaching an external HDD recording for the Vu Ultimo triple tuner receiver (BH 1.76) with an internal 1TB hdd:-

- Are there any known issues when using an external 1TB hdd connected to the ESATA port connector on the rear of the receiver which also has an internal 1TB hdd?

- How do you redirect the receiver's recordings to take place on the external hdd instead of the internal hdd?

- What initialisation / disk format and from where should be applied the external hdd, eg. FAT32?

- Can the recordings stored on the external hdd be played on a PC without any form of conversion required?

- Are there any recommended external SATA enclosures with an ESATA port used with this receiver?

Many thanks in advance, for all your support.

With kind regards.

Stanman
10-10-12, 21:17
Hi,

As a newbie, I wonder if you can please help me with questions relating to attaching an external HDD recording for the Vu Ultimo triple tuner receiver (BH 1.76) with an internal 1TB hdd:-

- Are there any known issues when using an external 1TB hdd connected to the ESATA port connector on the rear of the receiver which also has an internal 1TB hdd? None I am aware off

- How do you redirect the receiver's recordings to take place on the external hdd instead of the internal hdd? Set them up in mount manager and than go into the recordings settings and change the location to HDD2

- What initialisation / disk format and from where should be applied the external hdd, eg. FAT32? In the menu is option for HDD and initialization is done form there. Image will format it to ext3/4

- Can the recordings stored on the external hdd be played on a PC without any form of conversion required? Yes they can but your PC will not see the drive as it will be formatted as EXT3/4 there is i think a patch you can do - have a search of the forum. You can also use the webbrowser and can use that to stream to PC

- Are there any recommended external SATA enclosures with an ESATA port used with this receiver?

Many thanks in advance, for all your support.

With kind regards.

Replies in green above

Rob van der Does
11-10-12, 06:03
If 'initialisation' (i.e. formatting) is done by the box the drive will be have the Ext4 file-system (not Ext3). And that's the recommended way.