PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] New Ultimo?

bjorntj
10-10-12, 08:57
I am receiving my new Ultimo tomorrow and I plan to install VIX 3 on my box (I guess VIX 3 on Ultimo works as good as it does on the Duo? ;) ) but I have a question...

Do I need to install a new bootloader (or I think it was bootloader) to install VIX 3? Or how do I check if I need to?

Regards,

BTJ

Mr. Mister
10-10-12, 09:20
No buddy..
Just flash the image as normal..

If you bought your unit from WOS.. then it will come with the latest Build image anyway..

Larry-G
10-10-12, 12:17
No, there is no bootloader to flash to the Ultimo, or Uno models. you will however have to upgrade to the latest FPGA to use the latest drivers, images although that can be done directly from within the image it self.

bjorntj
10-10-12, 12:57
I.e. I can upgrade to the latest FPGA from within the image that comes with the Ultimo box?

BTJ

danivtec
10-10-12, 13:09
Yes you can, its in the plugins menu "Firmware Upgrade"

bjorntj
10-10-12, 13:10
Oki... Thx... :)

BTJ

Larry-G
11-10-12, 05:33
Oki... Thx... :)

BTJ

If you purchase the receiver from the forum sponsor you can ask and he will ensure the FPGA is sufficiently updated prior to shipping the unit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bjorntj
11-10-12, 07:16
Since I live in Norway, I have not bought from the forum sponsor but I will check where I bought it if they have upgraded it...

BTJ

Larry-G
11-10-12, 07:36
Since I live in Norway, I have not bought from the forum sponsor but I will check where I bought it if they have upgraded it...

BTJ

If they have not updated the FPGA, no need to worry as its a very easy task to do.

Rob van der Does
11-10-12, 07:39
Upgrading is easy and fast. Much faster than inquiring about the present state.......

bjorntj
11-10-12, 07:41
Ok, will upgrade today... (Hoping to get it today... :) )

BTJ