PDA

View Full Version : Help getting a new box for a friend :)

Cha0s
10-10-12, 08:14
Hi everyone :wave:

A good friend of mine decided to get into the wonderful world of satellite reception and he's thinking about purchasing a single tuner box running enigma2.

What would you advise him to buy. Any input highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sicilian
10-10-12, 09:30
Gigablue HD800SE or UE ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Gigablue-HD-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receivers

ROBOTMAN
10-10-12, 11:30
the new fegusson arriva sound good value for money and sound pretty straight forward to get to grips with good for a noob i would expect
considering one myself for a second box upgrade just wating for my old tm9100 to give up
have a duo as my main box great bit of kit

bassethound
10-10-12, 11:39
I would spend a bit for the Gigablue HD800SE or UE as these are full E2 boxes with plenty of support with some great plugins

i have fegusson arriva great little box for a bedroom or kids room but i would not have it as a main room box as you cant get a full 7 day epg for uk use

Stanman
10-10-12, 21:24
Exactly as BH says, the GB all the way, 7 day EPG, ability to have one click recording and the best image in the game;)

Larry-G
11-10-12, 05:25
the new fegusson arriva sound good value for money and sound pretty straight forward to get to grips with good for a noob i would expect
considering one myself for a second box upgrade just wating for my old tm9100 to give up
have a duo as my main box great bit of kit

The Ferguson 202E HD is a fantastic little receiver and well worth it's price tag. I bought one last week and set it up for one of my brothers and he loves it.

it is however worth pointing out that it is not linux based so you won't get the same feature list as you would say a gigablue.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2