PDA

View Full Version : Black screens on vix image build 350.

sargie
09-10-12, 08:57
I had this on the first build aswell. At random times a simple button press on the remote sends the box into a black screen with no other option than hard restart to fix it. The most common time for this to happen is after the box has been in stand by over night. There are no crash logs for this so i can't submit any.

The box simple black screens and locks up.

Rob van der Does
09-10-12, 09:06
Possibly the debuglogs can tell us what's going on.

Larry-G
10-10-12, 06:58
As suggested by rob, try enabling debug logs to see if that can catch the cause of your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

sargie
11-10-12, 19:29
Ok guys will do been busy so only just checked back. It is happening every time after standby now first press of remote and it black screens and locks up.

sargie
14-10-12, 13:44
Ive submitted 2 debug logs and another 3 crash logs over to you guys. I really hope you can sort these problems out as they are a right pain in the arse. Stability is a major issue for me in these builds.

Stanman
14-10-12, 14:32
What additional plugins do you have insalled?

I have 350 on three boxes and stability is not an issue using different cams but no extra plugins apart from 1Channel.

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 14:43
The crashlogs you sent are from build 350 and suggest a problem that has been solved (we're on build 370 now).
Furthermore: can you check please what InputDevices in the menu say? Did you change anything in there?

sargie
15-10-12, 08:22
I am on build 370, only plug in i have added is permenant time shift that works on a vuo duo just fine.

Input devices.. Technomate remote control (native)
I have not changed a thing in there.

sargie
15-10-12, 08:28
OK it's just black screened on me again on build 370 debug log has been sent your way.

Rob van der Does
15-10-12, 08:53
Was this on a scrambled or on a FTA channel?

sargie
15-10-12, 10:13
Was this on a scrambled or on a FTA channel?

No channel it was after boot up the box stuck on the vix splash screen I went to change channel and bam black screen and box locks up. I had the issue of sticking on the splash screen way back in early IQ images, but if you changed channel it fixed the problem.

I have had it do it before when on a channel but I couldn't tell you if it was scrambled or FTA.

Sicilian
16-10-12, 12:00
No channel it was after boot up the box stuck on the vix splash screen I went to change channel and bam black screen and box locks up. I had the issue of sticking on the splash screen way back in early IQ images, but if you changed channel it fixed the problem.

I have had it do it before when on a channel but I couldn't tell you if it was scrambled or FTA.

Enable logs and post them here. Logs will be in home/logs. Not crash logs, acutall running logs.

abu baniaz
17-10-12, 00:35
Did you perform a clean upgrade or did you allow the receiver to restore your settings?

sargie
19-10-12, 16:49
As suggested by rob, try enabling debug logs to see if that can catch the cause of your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ive submitted 2 debug logs and another 3 crash logs over to you guys. I really hope you can sort these problems out as they are a right pain in the arse. Stability is a major issue for me in these builds.

OK it's just black screened on me again on build 370 debug log has been sent your way.

Enable logs and post them here. Logs will be in home/logs. Not crash logs, acutall running logs.

So you do you want debug logs or something different now? As you can see i was asked to submit debug logs and have been doing.

sargie
19-10-12, 16:50
Did you perform a clean upgrade or did you allow the receiver to restore your settings?

In the past i have been updating via the reciever but this time i did a fresh install of vix 378. I am still getting black screens after deep standby.

Rob van der Does
19-10-12, 19:11
We have looked into that, but we couldn't reproduce this.
Suggestion is that your settings are not OK, as the box can't find a channel.

sargie
19-10-12, 19:26
We have looked into that, but we couldn't reproduce this.
Suggestion is that your settings are not OK, as the box can't find a channel.

So why does it only do it from deep standby then? If i hard reset the box it's fine. Untill the next time after deep standby. After flashing i install perm timeshift, add cline, add cccam 2.1.4 and send over rats channel list add picons and setup cross epg. Thats it. The only thing im doing different to previous iq images is adding perm timeshift as that plug in did not work.

Rob van der Does
19-10-12, 21:01
So why does it only do it from deep standby then?
Which channel is set as 'startup service'?

Or easier to do: please set 'startup service' to a valid channel.

Sicilian
20-10-12, 06:37
Sargie, this issue is being investigated, can you please PM me your serial number.

sargie
20-10-12, 13:46
Sargie, this issue is being investigated, can you please PM me your serial number.

Yep ill send it now. Is it the number that starts tm twin under the box or the other number?

Sicilian
20-10-12, 16:41
Yep ill send it now. Is it the number that starts tm twin under the box or the other number?

Yes that one.

dilly1066
24-10-12, 22:55
hiya, ive been helping a friend with his tm twin and it isnt running very well, last time i was there i enable logs in the logs mananger settings and have been to his again to transfer them onto a usb and send to the right people, he gets alot of lock ups, vix image in top left corner and box wont respond unless he turns it off and on from the back, he also gets alot of random reboots, can be watching tv and the box will just reboot its self, who shall i send this log files to ? thanks

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 06:23
Easiest way is to send logs to us directly from the box (using logmanager).
You can also post them here.

dilly1066
26-10-12, 01:56

hiya, il try enabling that auto send then when im round at my friends house next time, for now il just upload what i have to here, thanks

Rob van der Does
26-10-12, 06:10
Memory problems and segfault.
I would advise to flash the box, do not use a settings restore, make your settings and activate a swapfile.
Also make sure EPG-import is properly set up.

dilly1066
26-10-12, 17:28
hiya, i never restore settings, always use new ones, been using catseye channel list as thats the one he likes is that ok ? i been using the xgeped (i no thats spelt wrong lol) epg settings, where it stays on the same channel and downloads the egp in a minute or 2, it has a usb stick in the back for epg so could create a swap file on there, also its been flashed lots of times, are them settings and list ok to use ? only thing im not 100% sure on is whether i made a swapfile or not, apart from that the above is all i do, thanks

sargie
29-10-12, 23:55
So no answer to my problem yet then? What was the result of pming my serial number? I have reflashed yet again and the problem still persists i guess this is now a problem for tm and not vix?

judge
30-10-12, 00:07
sargie, what build are you currently using?
what bouquets are you currently using?

I know it doesn't help & I've been harsh on this box in the past, but it's working perfect for me lately.

dilly1066
31-10-12, 18:26
hiya, managed to get to my friends house yesterday and flashed the latest image onto his box, set up everything from scratch like normal, made a swap file this time on the usb stick, also tried a different channel list , usually use catseye but tried misters channel list, went round again today and its still the same for him, freezing and glitching on free to air channels, box randomly rebooting, heres log files i took from his box earlier

im not sure what else to do, thanks

Sicilian
31-10-12, 20:01
I suggest to flash twice as follows: -

Use latest build 393 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/
Format USB stick fat32.
Copy update folder to root of USB stick.
Download bootloader from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/TM-TWIN-OE/
Copy the cfe.bin to your USB stick and place with the flash files. update > tmtwin > cfe, copy into directory.
Flash the image, press ok when prompted on TV.
When complete power off, wait 30 seconds, power on and flashed again.
Once second flash is complete, power off for 30 seconds.
Power on and repeatedly press EXIT on top of front panel until openvix splash screen disappears.
Setup completely fresh, do not restore anything.

If you getting freezing and glitching on FTA then I'd seriously look and your feed.

dilly1066
01-11-12, 00:49
hiya, i will try again flashing but everytime i flash i always do it twice and do the bootloader twice also and the pressing of the exit button, the glitching on free to air channels has been on 2 seperate dishes now, a moving dish with the motor and on a fixed satellite dish which have both been used on a openbox with out problems, what are the log files pointing at ? thanks

Sicilian
01-11-12, 05:53
hiya, i will try again flashing but everytime i flash i always do it twice and do the bootloader twice also and the pressing of the exit button, the glitching on free to air channels has been on 2 seperate dishes now, a moving dish with the motor and on a fixed satellite dish which have both been used on a openbox with out problems, what are the log files pointing at ? thanks

If you've followed that flashing process to the letter and are 100% sure that your feeds are aligned correctly and there is no short, then contact where you purchased.

dilly1066
11-01-13, 00:23
hiya, thought id post update, i kept trying with my friends box and it just wasnt stable at all so ended up sending it back to technomate and they replaced the reciever, been running for 3 weeks now and not had one problem with it, what it was i dont know but main thing is its been resolved and box is running great, thanks

Rob van der Does
11-01-13, 06:28
Thanks for the update.