PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] keep losing epg

olly
08-10-12, 21:26
Hi all,does anyone have a good working settings for epg,mainly the now and next disappears after roughly 7 days.I must have a setting wrong somewhere,as I have to do a download after roughly seven days when I want it to update automatically.
I'm using crossepg and opentv 28.2 uk. Vix 2.4 last build. Rats bouquet plugin.Also vu solo is put into deep standby every night if this makes any difference. Thanks

olly
09-10-12, 18:45
Hi anyone got any ideas please?

Rahat786786
09-10-12, 20:51
Why not try vix 3.0 and see if the problem persists?

Rahat786786
09-10-12, 20:52
Oh and you should set up automatic download of epg at least once a week so it will not disappear after 7 days. I have mine set to download overnight every day.

Silent
10-10-12, 12:40
Rahat got it. Schedule it to run at 5 am every morning and you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

Rytec updates his sources at 4am CET, so 5am just allows enough time for it to finish. If you're only using OpenTV, do it whenever you want.

olly
10-10-12, 17:01
Will take a look but sure have update set to auto at 4.45am every day. It's not because my vu solo is in deep standby overnight is it? Cheers

Larry-G
11-10-12, 05:50
Will take a look but sure have update set to auto at 4.45am every day. It's not because my vu solo is in deep standby overnight is it? Cheers

The box won't come out of deep standby for a EPG download, so that would explain that. You could use a timer to wake the box say five minutes before the EPG is scheduled to run, then another timer to put it back to sleep five minutes later.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

dfdream
11-10-12, 06:49
pheonix I have my solo set yo "Wake up and Import" when in deep standby for XMLTV Importer to bring the box from deep standby each day at 16:30 so the box is upto date and awake when we come in from work and it works perfectly. Dont know if its different in crossepg...

The box won't come out of deep standby for a EPG download, so that would explain that. You could use a timer to wake the box say five minutes before the EPG is scheduled to run, then another timer to put it back to sleep five minutes later.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
11-10-12, 07:34
pheonix I have my solo set yo "Wake up and Import" when in deep standby for XMLTV Importer to bring the box from deep standby each day at 16:30 so the box is upto date and awake when we come in from work and it works perfectly. Dont know if its different in crossepg...

as far as i am aware CrossEPG does not have that feature, but then again my boxes rarely go into deep standby unless for a specific purpose.

olly
11-10-12, 14:37
Cheers all,think i got a good idea now.