PDA

View Full Version : Setup favourites

rmyers09
08-10-12, 17:33
does anybody know how to setup favourites theres nothing in the menus to enable you to do it i mean u have to go through hundreds of channels to get to the one u want to view so can anyone help this is my first experience with CLARKTECH ET9000 dont get me wrong sofar im extremly happy with the receiver thanking you all in antisipation

Larry-G
08-10-12, 17:37
you can spend many hours organizing the channels to your liking or you could use one of the dozens of pre-made bouquet packs out there, depending on the satellite(s) you wish to view.

Stanman
08-10-12, 20:44
As Pheonix said, use the ready made bouquets or have a look at the autbouquet plugin by lazarir or the one Andy has done, which is based on Lazarir but is modified and that is, if your using vix in the feed.

frankblueking
09-10-12, 22:16
you can spend many hours organizing the channels to your liking or you could use one of the dozens of pre-made bouquet packs out there, depending on the satellite(s) you wish to view.

Not sure if this is the right thread but I have a problem. I have set-up my Favourite channels, no problem. Today I tried to watch a programme in Favourites but it gave me the wrong channel. If I go back to the "non Favourite channel" bouquet it gives the correct programme. Can you explain where I have gone wrong?
Blueking :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Larry-G
10-10-12, 06:30
Not sure if this is the right thread but I have a problem. I have set-up my Favourite channels, no problem. Today I tried to watch a programme in Favourites but it gave me the wrong channel. If I go back to the "non Favourite channel" bouquet it gives the correct programme. Can you explain where I have gone wrong?
Blueking :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

No actually that sounds about rite, I'll try to explain. The all channel's list is maintained and updated constantly via the background scan where as the favourites lists are not. So yes it's very possible to have the wrong channel data in the favourites lists while the same channel may be correct in the all channel's lists. At least that's how I understand it to work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
10-10-12, 07:07
Moved to correct section, c'mon guys, please check where you're posting! :mad:

Do not post topics in downloads only sections!

frankblueking
10-10-12, 20:38
[QUOTE=pheonix;163917]No actually that sounds about rite, I'll try to explain. The all channel's list is maintained and updated constantly via the background scan where as the favourites lists are not. So yes it's very possible to have the wrong channel data in the favourites lists while the same channel may be correct in the all channel's lists. At least that's how I understand it to work.

Thanks Pheonix
Your reply makes sense but leaves me puzzled why I would spend time creating a "Favourites" file if that file is never updated by the normal update processes. Is there a method of including my Favourites file in the channel update process?
Frankblueking

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 21:10
No actually that sounds about rite, I'll try to explain. The all channel's list is maintained and updated constantly via the background scan where as the favourites lists are not. So yes it's very possible to have the wrong channel data in the favourites lists while the same channel may be correct in the all channel's lists. At least that's how I understand it to work.
Sorry to say, but this is not correct.
First of all, the background scan scans only the transponder that's tuned atm. This leads to correcting any changed parameters of all services of that transponder.
Secondly the 'all channels list' is in fact the complete list of all channels (a database). The channels that are in bouquets are in fact shortcuts to those channels. I think DBE allows to change the name of a channel in a bouquet, without changing the name in the 'all' list, but nevertheless they remain shortcuts.

frankblueking
10-10-12, 21:45
First of all, the background scan scans only the transponder that's tuned atm. This leads to correcting any changed parameters of all services of that transponder.
Secondly the 'all channels list' is in fact the complete list of all channels (a database). The channels that are in bouquets are in fact shortcuts to those channels. I think DBE allows to change the name of a channel in a bouquet, without changing the name in the 'all' list, but nevertheless they remain shortcuts.

Thanks Rob Does this mean that the Favourites Files should update because it is basically a shortcut to the "all list". If yes why does my favourites list give a wrong channel when selected? Frankblueking

Rob van der Does
11-10-12, 04:52
In DBE (and also in DreamSet) you have the option 'untouched by STB' (or so). If that's activated, the backgroundscan doesn't change those channels. Is that's what you mean by 'go wrong'?

I think (but not sure) DBE allows this setting for the shortcut (= the channel name in a bouquet); so the name in the 'all-list' can be updated bu the box, while the name in the bouquet remains the same.

Larry-G
11-10-12, 05:21

Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

frankblueking
11-10-12, 12:31
In DBE (and also in DreamSet) you have the option 'untouched by STB' (or so). If that's activated, the backgroundscan doesn't change those channels. Is that's what you mean by 'go wrong'?

I think (but not sure) DBE allows this setting for the shortcut (= the channel name in a bouquet); so the name in the 'all-list' can be updated bu the box, while the name in the bouquet remains the same.

Thanks again. The problem I see is that when I select certannels in my Favourites File, although it has the correct descriptor it activates the wrong channel!! If I select the same channel from the "all channel list" I get the correct programme. After reading your post I looked for a setting but could not find anything. Is tere anything and if yes where is it?
Rgds

Rob van der Does
11-10-12, 13:41
I would download your settings from the box using DBE or Dreamset and look into the settings.

frankblueking
11-10-12, 20:32
I would download your settings from the box using DBE or Dreamset and look into the settings.

Thanks. I have already downloaded my Vu+ box settings/data into DBE and looked at all the settings without success. In desperation I deleted the channels in Favourites and reloaded them using DBE. I note that for some strange reason some channels are duplicated with different frequencies and SID numbers. Some give the wrong channel when selected. I am making progress but it is painfully slow!! Rgds

Rob van der Does
11-10-12, 20:33
Any difference if you use Dreamset?

frankblueking
11-10-12, 22:24
Any difference if you use Dreamset?

Will have a look over the weekend. Cheers

Rob van der Does
12-10-12, 07:10
In both DBE & Dreamset a lot of options are available when right clicking on a channel. It's not always clear what the options do exactly.

frankblueking
13-10-12, 20:13
Will have a look over the weekend. Cheers

Hi Rob I have rebuilt my Favourites Folder and everything appears to be working well at the moment. One puzzle is that in the "Master List" (ie thro TV Satellite & then Menu) there are several copies of the same Channel (different frequencies etc). Most give you the same channel but the odd one gives a different channel. Have you seen this? Thanks again Frankblueking :):):):)

Rob van der Does
13-10-12, 20:19
Nope, sorry, I hardly ever look in the main-list. Maybe regional versions? Or on different satellites?

Trial
13-10-12, 20:23
Hi,
when a channel changes his parameter it is in the list with old parameter and due to the background scan also with new parameter. If you want an up to date list without these duplicates you have to rescan the whole sat and check "delete" before scan.

ciao

Stanman
13-10-12, 20:37
You talking about 28.2E, there regional variations for Uk / Ireland

frankblueking
13-10-12, 21:21
Hi,
when a channel changes his parameter it is in the list with old parameter and due to the background scan also with new parameter. If you want an up to date list without these duplicates you have to rescan the whole sat and check "delete" before scan.

ciao

Thanks. I have invested so much time in sorting my EPG Bouquets I will live with it!! Rgds Frankblueking