PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

cliffsixty2
08-10-12, 12:49
Hi everyone after much deliberation and having put up with the crap service from virginmedia for years, I have decided to put my foot into the digital satellite world most proberly going to buy the Vu+ duo. My needs are or should say the missus needs are being able to record 3 program's and watch a fourth one whilst recording is this system going to do this.

Many thanks
Cliff

Larry-G
08-10-12, 12:51
Hi everyone after much deliberation and having put up with the crap service from virginmedia for years, I have decided to put my foot into the digital satellite world most proberly going to buy the Vu+ duo. My needs are or should say the missus needs are being able to record 3 program's and watch a fourth one whilst recording is this system going to do this.

Many thanks
Cliff

Not unless most of the programs are on the same transponders as each other as the duo is a dual tuner.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Mister
08-10-12, 12:54
In order for you to record 3 programmes at the same time.. and watch a 4th.. The 3 recordings will have to be on the same transponder..

You could look at the Ultimo instead of the Duo.. You can add the 3rd satellite tuner to that.. But again, You will need 2 of your recordings to be on the same transponder and then the 3rd tuner for what you want to watch..

I find it hard enough to find one thing to record.. never mind 3 recordings at the same time.. lol

theinvoice
15-11-12, 19:32
Hi

Everyone has anyone got any idea as to which box would be the best too get? I have had a Vu+uno and it died stopped working. So i'm asking this question to findout if anyone can recommend a good box with as mush surport for it as the VU+. THX

Mr. Mister
15-11-12, 19:43
Hi

Everyone has anyone got any idea as to which box would be the best too get? I have had a Vu+uno and it died stopped working. So i'm asking this question to findout if anyone can recommend a good box with as mush surport for it as the VU+. THX

1st.. It would have been better to start your own thread.. rather than resurrect an old thread like this..

But to answer your question..

There has never been a better time to buy a new E2 receiver.. Your sorta spoiled for choise..

Another Vu.. ?
Xtrend.. ?
Gigablue.. ?
Max-digital.. ?

Just have a look .. HERE .. (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers) at the sponsors website..

Totally Top class service.. and very competitively priced..