PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] EPG navigation

fguinan
08-10-12, 00:22
Hi all,

I have just set up my ultimo with vix3 and cross epg. Its an amazing box!

The only problem I have is that I can't find a page up/down button in the EPG... i'm really missing this feature. :confused: Any Ideas?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
08-10-12, 08:28
You tried the help-button to see what's available?

fguinan
08-10-12, 17:45
You tried the help-button to see what's available?

D'oh, i didn't realise the Help function gave different results when pressed from inside the EPG... Thanks!

Rob van der Does
08-10-12, 17:59
'Help' should give context-related info. On most screens that is indeed the case.

fguinan
11-10-12, 21:38
Another related question - I have been using the < > keys either side of the 0 to jump forward and back 24 hours in the EPG but they have stopped working... I don't *think* I have changed any settings.

The only thing I did was program the remote to work with my Samsung TV. I have since reset the remote, with no effect.

Any Ideas???

judge
11-10-12, 21:43
The the < > keys to jump 24 hours in VIX EPG still working fine here using build 364.

Rob van der Does
11-10-12, 21:52
The the < > keys to jump 24 hours in VIX EPG still working fine here using build 364.
In Graphical-EPG that is.

judge
11-10-12, 22:04

Andy has done so much work with EPG screens, VIX EPG sounds good to me, but we do need to come up with general image related terms for different EPG screens...
When pressing the EPG button on a VIX image, VIX EPG whether using graphics or text mode shouldn't be called Graphical-EPG IMO.

fguinan
11-10-12, 22:15

I am using the graphical EPG on vix build 204, with the cross epg plugin.
Should I upgrade? I don't know how 'unstable' the unstable feed is!.

judge
11-10-12, 22:28
I am using the graphical EPG on vix build 204, with the cross epg plugin.
Should I upgrade? I don't know how 'unstable' the unstable feed is!.

Build 364 is a stable build. No harm in updating.

Rob van der Does
12-10-12, 07:00
Andy has done so much work with EPG screens, VIX EPG sounds good to me, but we do need to come up with general image related terms for different EPG screens...
When pressing the EPG button on a VIX image, VIX EPG whether using graphics or text mode shouldn't be called Graphical-EPG IMO.
On long-guide/info a menu is being opened that shows you all the names of the available EPG's, such as Graphical -EPG, Infobar-EPG, Multi-EPG & EPG for current channel. These names are being used throughout the image and I think them to be clear: they tell the user what to expect.

fguinan
02-02-13, 21:14
Another related question - I have been using the < > keys either side of the 0 to jump forward and back 24 hours in the EPG but they have stopped working... I don't *think* I have changed any settings.

Any Ideas???

I found the problem... If i switch the "show bouquet on launch" to "off" in the graphical epg menu the jump forward/back 24 hours doesn't work. If i switch it back on it all works perfectly.

Is this a known problem or is it only my box?:confused:

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 21:19
Jump forward 24hr is channel +/- buttons

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

fguinan
02-02-13, 21:23
Jump forward 24hr is channel +/- buttons

Yes, but on my box, if the "show bouquet on launch" is set to "off" the +/- buttons do nothing!

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 21:29
Yes, but on my box, if the "show bouquet on launch" is set to "off" the +/- buttons do nothing!

Doesn't matter if it's on or off, on mine still the same. But I'm only on build 580, so something may have changed that I haven't got yet.