PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Does Cross EPG have a cli settings file

sledge121
07-10-12, 21:33
Hi

Is there a way other than using the remote to configure the setting 'force epg on reload', either via openwebif or a file edit via cli. I have a vu duo with vix 3.0.

Thanks
Sledge

sledge121
07-10-12, 22:10
The reason I am asking is earlier I updated my friends bouquet via cli, I reloaded the box and he said the box would not show any channels and crashed when he tried to select one, after he ran a cross epg download all was ok. So basically if I update again and have 'force epg on reload' then all should be ok? I realise I can get him to select it via the remote but I want to be totally self sufficient.

sledge121
08-10-12, 17:50
Any takers on this one?

basilyoung
08-10-12, 18:14
have you setup cross epg, ie, have you been into the setup page, and set the options up as you need? and I assume you are saving it to usb

sledge121
08-10-12, 18:52
Yes all set up and working ok until I do a remote update of bouquets/lamdb etc to my friends box, after the copy finishes and I reboot the box has no epg and won't display channels until he does a manual epg update. After the manual epg update all is good. I want to be able to do a remote bouquet update without him having to manually updating the epg. When I use updated bouquets I noticed that they always have totally different file names to the last, is there a link between bouquet file name and epg data?

I use mrmister bouquets

basilyoung
08-10-12, 18:59
so is the epg saved to usb?

if so, there should,nt be a problem, if the epg is saved to flash memory, then this is why you are loseing your epg

sledge121
08-10-12, 19:06
Yes, epg is saved to USB, I update bouquets, lamedb, satellite file, reboot box, if he tries to select a channel the box crashes, the only fix is a manual epg download.

basilyoung
08-10-12, 19:15
I take it, you are remotely doing this over the net??

the other thing I can see here, is that cross epg must reatatch itself to the updated files, so there is some thing that you are over writing

it might be an idea to ( after all is ok ) copy over the files, and see if there is something, that you are over writing

most peeps do this via db edit or simular, hence my first question

sledge121
08-10-12, 19:24
I can't see any other file that I'm sending that could cause the issue unless dbedit does something hidden.

sledge121
08-10-12, 19:24
Or epg data is looking for specific named bouquet file names.

basilyoung
08-10-12, 20:03
if you are using db edit, I doubt that is causing a problem, so you are using local network? rather than over the internet?

in crossepg setup what are your settings? menu/setup/system/epg OK scroll to CrossEPG..what are the settings?

sledge121
08-10-12, 21:23

i have attached the crash log if it helps anybody understand the problem.

sledge121
08-10-12, 22:27
Location /media/hdd
File name epg
Refresh no
Save no
Show eit yes
Eit epg yes
MHz epg no
Freesat epg yes
Via sat epg yes
Kept end epg yes
Old epg 0
Eit Http streams yes
Ain't http streams yes

Rob van der Does
09-10-12, 06:35
Going by your crashlog I would say update to the latest image available (build 356), as it looks like a fixed problem.

sledge121
09-10-12, 12:49
so the process I am using should work ok

delete existing satellite.xml
delete existing bouquet.tv and radio
delete existing bouquet files
delete existing lamedb

copy over new versions of these files to /etc/enigma2 aprt from satellite.xml to /etc/tuxbox

reboot the box and everything should be good.

sledge121
09-10-12, 20:40

I just updated to the latest version, used the same method as above and it still crashes after bouquet update and restart of enigma, the only thing that fixes it is a full download of epg, am I doing something fundamentaly wrong, I dont want to be a fundamentalist.

Rob van der Does
09-10-12, 21:14
Please update again: 364 has just been released, and might fix your problem.

sledge121
09-10-12, 21:29
So it defo a known bug, my process should work ok?

sledge121
09-10-12, 21:43
I just tried the latest version and exactly the same thing happened

sledge121
09-10-12, 21:54
My guess lookin at the epg.dat file and the crossepg folder update times is that when you change your all your files over in enigma2 folder you need to run a crossepg download from the remote, if I select 'force epg reload on boot' it only affects the epg.dat file and not the contents of the crossepg folder where I suspect there are database pointers to the old bouquets, does anybody know how the relationship between crossepg and the files in enigma2 works. It looks like when you do a bouquet update you need to run a full crossepg download, does this happen with dbedit, if not is dbedit doing something elso other than copying over the new files?

Thanks
Sledge

Rob van der Does
09-10-12, 21:57
So it defo a known bug,
Well, that's a step too far. We did fix a possible bug in that area, and I hoped it would sort you out.
Apparently it didn't, and I have no clue where to look now.
Maybe an advise from an experienced Cross-EPG user about setup?

basilyoung
09-10-12, 21:57
the "hi end" guys are busy posting in the dev rooms at present, so you are not being ignored, its just that the guys that can accurately answer your post are busy just now

correction...Rob has replied

sledge121
09-10-12, 22:20
its not a massive show stopper its just that I like to scp the new bouquet files over to my friends box's at night and reload hoping all will be good but they cant use the box un till they do full crossepg download, if they try to zap to a channel before crossepg update then the box crashes and the log I attached is produced, just a bit of a ball ache. I suppose everybody who uses dbedit has the same problem after a bouquet update is sent to the box.

basilyoung
09-10-12, 22:23
instead of deleting the files, have you tried over writing them instead?

sledge121
09-10-12, 22:29
Kepping the same filenames as the last bouquets and overwrite, hmm, not tried that as the bouquet files I download from MrMister usually have different names, I suppose I could rename the new ones to the old ones and give it a whirl, are you confident?

basilyoung
09-10-12, 22:34
well it wont hurt...i have done this with other files...such as oscam...different use of course...but as said...no problems should occur, it will either work..or it will be as things are now

sledge121
09-10-12, 22:40
I will give it a go and update, my thoughts are that somewhere in the .db files in crossepg folder are pointers to individual channels in bouquet files but nothing ventured nothing gained. Strange how 'force epg reload on boot' doesnt update these files, only epg.dat

basilyoung
09-10-12, 22:43
well, my thinking is close to yours..in that i think there is a trigger some where, which is lost on deletion

sledge121
09-10-12, 23:00
same problem, I just hope a crossepg bod can expain whats happening, it may be that I have to live with it, would be ok if the 'force epg reload on boot' did the equivalent of what happens when you select 'crossepg dowloader' in plugins. I could put in whatever update I like then reboot and all my troubles would seem so far away.

basilyoung
09-10-12, 23:10
well thats another theory blown over,

I do not use cross epg, but hopefully, some one will come up with a work around

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 05:20
So you say that after a bouquet update via DBEDIT the box crashes, unless a Cross-EPG download hass taken place. Correct?

If so, the problem is in the reload of the settings on the box. That's one of the disadvantages of DBEDIT: it doesn't do this job properly.
Two solutions:
1- Stop E2 before the settings upload (init 4), and restart when done (init 3);
2- Use DramSet instead; that has the option to stop E2 --> upload settings --> restart E2
and DreamSet is a very good and userfriendly settingseditor.

Background:
E2 has (at least) the present bouquet list in memory, and a reload command doesn't always work (in fact that's a hack around this problem). If however E2 is dead on arrival of the settings, it does of course have no memory at all, so it will wake up with all fresh settings.

sledge121
10-10-12, 12:29
I actually have an update script running on my friends boxes with a cron every night that checks on the server (using wget) for a file called bouquets.tgz, if I have uploaded the file to web root then the boxes download it and decompress the contents into /etc/enigma2 thus copying over the existing bouquets or as in my case adding to the existing bouquets as the MrMister bouquet filenames had changed, if the file downloads and the files are copied the script reloads the box and the plan was that hopefully all would be good and the end user wouldnt know any different, however the box does not display channels or epg data untill an epg download then all is good. My aim was to have minimal maintainence as the only task I need to perform is uploading a single updated compressed file to the server.
I tried using the same filenames last night but I wasnt 100% accurate, I'm in the middle of another test now where I have named all the bouquet files in the update to exactly the same existing names and also matching the content of the files ie if one of my updated bouquet files is movies and named 12345.tv then it will be updating the existing movies file of the same name, I have just ran my update script on a friends box but he cant tell me if all is good yet cos he is off to the bookies, will update you in due course.

Thanks
Sledge.

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 14:01
That will give the same result, simply because a 'reload' command isn't any good. If you do as I suggested (stop E2 before any upload and restart when done), all will be fine.

sledge121
10-10-12, 17:15
Rob

You were right, same result, I wanted to see it for myself anyway. Right the next test is as you suggest above with init 4 before the copy over then init 3 after, does this method mean my bouquet filenames can change or is it best practice to keep them the same.
I will build the init's into my update script.

Thanks
Sledge.

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 17:25
You can change whatever you want, but make sure to delete all old files first, just like a settings editor does..

sledge121
10-10-12, 17:31
Will leaving old bouquet files that are not referenced in bouquet.tv or bouquet.radio cause any issues.

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 17:33
Be advised that if the box is up again, and the channel that was set as startup service has been changed, the box will show a black screen. Opening the channellist (and if you want assign a new service as start up service) and choosing a channel cures this.
I say this, as a box showing a black screen after booting can be confusing.

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 17:34
Will leaving old bouquet files that are not referenced in bouquet.tv or bouquet.radio cause any issues.
Not sure about that, but why would you want to do that?

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 17:43
Probably needles to say, but the 'init 4' will stop (or better: interrupt) any recording that's going on.

sledge121
10-10-12, 20:28

The same thing happens even when I build the init's into the script, I know the init's are working cos the screen goes off when I run it, I have uploaded the crashlog, it seems to be epg calling EpgSelection.py when it crashes, same again after a crossepg download the problem goes away.

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 20:52
Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

sledge121
10-10-12, 21:18
Thanks for looking into it rob, Does anybody else update their boxes using scp file transfer instead of dbedit, I would like your feedback, I have never used dbedit, does anybody have any experience of using it, do you need to run epg update after sending files over, I presumes dbedit is a glorified file transfer app that is essentially doing the same as I am with scp.

Thanks
Sledge.

Rob van der Does
11-10-12, 04:46
Yes, I also FTP files.
Yes, DBE does also use FTP.
No, EPG-import has nothing to do with this.

sledge121
12-10-12, 08:15
I'm not far away from a solution to this, if I use dbedit I can send whatever bouquet I like and the problem doesn't happen, if I

init 4
scp the files accross
init 3

Then I get the issue, I noticed when using dbedit I dont have any loss of picture but the bouquet list is refreshed so it must be doing something other than an init 4, copy, init 3, the last message dbedit says in the right hand window is 'sending reload commands' I believe this is key to making it work, if I can find out exactly what commands dbedit is running at the end of the file transfer I can build it into my scp script and I will be laughing, and I can share the script out.

The script
It check for the existance of a satellites.xml and bouquets.tgx on my server, if they exist it wgets them, it copies the satellites file to /etc/enigma2 + /etc/tuxbox then it decomresses the tgz file and copies the contents to /etc/enigma2, if the files are not there it does nothing, I have also built in init 4 and init 3 to stop and restart E2, the script sits on my friends receivers and runs as cron every morning at 04:30, my aim is for very low maintenance of my friends boxes as I only need to upload a new satelllite and bouquet file to my server and the receivers do the rest.

Thanks
Sledge

Rob van der Does
12-10-12, 11:02
Never copy any file to etc/tuxbox as then you're overwriting system-files (that in turn will be overwritten by an image update).
User-files are in etc/enigma2.

If you use Dreamset you can personalise all commands. Including the init sequence (see screenie).

sledge121
12-10-12, 12:27
Dbedit default settings for E2 copy the satellite.xml over to /etc/tuxbox, I will take a look at dreamset, cheers.

Rob van der Does
12-10-12, 12:40
Default settings are for default images, not for ViX. But of course they can be easily changed.

sledge121
12-10-12, 22:38

Rob

I added && sleep 4 after the init 4 and before decompressing the .tgz file to /etc/enigma2 and all looks good now, thanks for your help, I also noticed there is a virtual remote control on Openwebif so worst case scenario I can use that to run crossepg downloader, it would be nice to know the coding to run that in a script though but you cant have everything.

As promised I have uploaded the script for others to use or open to debate or improve, the IP's are rfc1918 as the boxes vpn to the server.

Cheerz
Sledge

Rob van der Does
13-10-12, 06:21
The script contains 'DEST2=/etc/tuxbox/'; as I said before that location may not be used for ViX (or any PLi-based)-images.

sledge121
13-10-12, 18:23
If there is a satellites.xml in /etc/enigma2 is that the one that's used, if there is not one there is the /etc/tux box location a backup or must there be one in /etc/enigma2
Thanks
Sledge

Rob van der Does
13-10-12, 18:28
Correct: the satellites.xml in etc/enigma2 has precedence over the system-file in etc/tuxbox. So any personalised xml you want to use goes to etc/enigma2.