PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Box not searching for online updates?

Rahat786786
07-10-12, 00:35
I am currently on build 245 and have been for weeks now. I have looked at openvix and there are numerous new builds available. My box is set to only allow stable updates so I am wondering if 245 is the latest stable build or has my box stopped searching for new builds for some reason.

Larry-G
07-10-12, 02:58
The current build ( 356 ) is set as stable.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

maybe try a update through a telnet session ?.

use this command in telnet to update.
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3

Rahat786786
07-10-12, 11:09
Thanks. Will the box now be able to search for updates or wilk i need to always telnet? I tried image backup on stable build and it doesnt allow it to continue in background for some reason.

Larry-G
07-10-12, 11:14
Thanks. Will the box now be able to search for updates or wilk i need to always telnet? I tried image backup on stable build and it doesnt allow it to continue in background for some reason.

It should be fine, the problem was with that build only, and has since been fixed, as for continue in the background while creating a image backup, we have disabled this function as creating a backup is a very labor intensive process and you really should not be doing any thing else while it in is the process of creating a image backup, as it could cause problems.

Rahat786786
07-10-12, 11:24
Oh ok sweet thanks! This image gets better and better!