PDA

View Full Version : Image to large for screen Vix image.

kegnkiwi
05-10-12, 19:53
Hi guys

Sorry for being a numpty but I know this has been discussed before but how do you alter the screen ratio so the icons fit the screen the the vix image for twin. I have searched and the only solution i can find is to alter the tv settings.

ki

digidude
05-10-12, 19:58
you can adjust the size via

menu/setup/system/user interface/osd settings

i have samsung TVs, and its only using vix images i have to do this with, when the initial wizard starts, it fits the screen perfectly, but after the wizard, i have to adjust the image to fit the screen, this is the same on my Duo as well

Delagroov
05-10-12, 19:58
Can you be more specific what you mean with icons dont fit to screen.
How are your settings for videomode and do you have a TV with overscan on.

Or perhaps a screenshot as example.

kegnkiwi
05-10-12, 21:00
Bit strange but here are two pictures, one is a screen grab which shows how it should look and one is a photo take from a camera phone of the screen.

Larry-G
05-10-12, 21:14
Bit strange but here are two pictures, one is a screen grab which shows how it should look and one is a photo take from a camera phone of the screen.

as pointed out thats because your TV like all TV's has overscan activated, either find a way to turn this off or use the above mentioned OSD positioning plugin to adjust it to your needs.

judge
05-10-12, 21:48

Overscan isn't enabled on taking screenshots from the box, but obviously is on your TV.
Position set-up should fix any issues you have here if you can't turn overscan off on the TV.

kegnkiwi
06-10-12, 00:45
ok played with the settings I can now see the menu's phew!!!!!

Delagroov
06-10-12, 08:18
Dont know if your Sony TV has an option not to use overscan. Overscan is a 10 percent increase of videopicture instead of using 1:1 HD size.
If you can fin a setting to switch it off on TV I would try that first.

Perhaps on Sony it has other name like i found on google. Have a look at your manual or on internet for your TV

Settings / Set-up / Screen settings / Display Area" and select the "Full pixel

if you cant switch on TV, then you could (as mentioned )use OSD postition setup

sargie
06-10-12, 14:19
Why is it only an issue with vix images though? When i was using the iq images i never had this issue. Yes it can be fixed but why does it have to be?

Rob van der Does
06-10-12, 14:36
It's not a ViX issue: it's a TV issue; it's because your TV uses overscan. And enlarging every video-pixel by 1.05 isn't exactly HD anymore, is it?
TV's shouldn't use overscan. But for the few bad ones on which it can't be switched off, there's the option to reduce the size of the OSD. So it's actually the best of two worlds, don't you think?

abu baniaz
06-10-12, 23:43
Agreed that it is poor of TVs to overscan. However, other images deal with the substandard issue "out of the box". Would it be possible to have an option "compensate for TVs which overscan". If this is selected, it will reduce the size without having to play about with the size?

Rob van der Does
07-10-12, 06:00
Other images 'seal' with this by offering skins that have a free border all around the OSD. As this means that on all sides over 5% of the available space can't be used.
We offer skins that use the complete screen; especially on 'busy' screens (such as EPG) that allows us to add more info.
As the amount of overscan is different for all TV's we offer the option to adjust the OSD-size to match your TV exactly; there's no 'one size fits all' for this.