PDA

View Full Version : ET9200 3.0 Image help

giotecno1977
05-10-12, 15:25
Guys I am on the older image is there any beginners guide or a dummies guide to upgrading the image to 3.0? also any considerations I need to think about moving to the new image, like bootloader or drivers update or something. I have cccam setup and also a cam module running on the current box. I think I got 2.3 or 2.4 image havent checked :) thx

FTS
05-10-12, 16:30
Just download the latest image from the support section here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ET-9x00/

Unrar it and copy it to a FAT32 formatted usb stick.

Insert the USB stick at the front(disconnect any other USB's you're using for picons/swap/epg)

Start the box up using the back power switch and it'll show you on the LCD that an image update is available and do you want to update?

Hit the third button from the left "OK"

Let the box do the business and FFS don't switch it off while it's busy. It should eventually load to the setupwizard.

If your box doesn't recognize the image then you have an old bootloader and need to update it you can get it from the link below. You must only update the bootloader and not the image and bootloader at the same time! Updating the bootloader is the same as an image copy to usb etc.

http://www.et-view.com/main.php?board=ET9000/9200

They've made a lot of changes to VIX 3 so they don't recommend backing up all settings and restoring them, you can with some but to make sure you don't wreck anything, better to start from scratch.

Make a list of all plugins you use and what sat settings you have used for multi LNB's and also your network settings and such so you can set it all up quickly. You also need to have an .ipk of CCcam and any cccam.cfg file that you use ready so that you can install cccam again and get it working quickly again as they don't supply it from the feed!

As for driver updates they are included in the images themselves.

Hope this helps.

Stanman
05-10-12, 16:32
If you are on 2.3 you may need to update the bootloader first.

twol
05-10-12, 16:42
Guys I am on the older image is there any beginners guide or a dummies guide to upgrading the image to 3.0? also any considerations I need to think about moving to the new image, like bootloader or drivers update or something. I have cccam setup and also a cam module running on the current box. I think I got 2.3 or 2.4 image havent checked :) thx

As far as I am aware, the ET9200 is recent enough to have the new bootloader (certainly mine did purchased in April 2012), but if concerned reflash.
I went from 2.4 to 3.0 with absolutely no problems, and installed my old version of CCcam (ver 2.2.1), my then Bouquets and I was away...... very painless. Even the fan setup add-on for my hard disk was already installed.
Unlike some people who are shouting their heads off at the moment, just go with the current stable release, and until you are comfortable (or not) perhaps then try some of the less stable updates if you like living dangerously. Otherwise stay on a simple and straight forward V3.0 image that in my view compared to others is pretty good .... and reliable :)
... and with the new AutoBouquet add on, you will probably be pretty maintence free.

Only negative that I remember is finding out out where all the system setup parameters were located............. important because you need to enable samba and nfs if you want to use them.....and also needed to reset up your EPG.

victoriahenri
19-11-12, 00:13
You also need to have an .ipk of CCcam and any cccam.cfg file that you use ready so that you can install cccam again and get it working quickly again as they don't supply it from the feed!

Great post FTS but how do I produce such a package ? on a Mac?

Larry-G
19-11-12, 00:16
you can download softcams for the ViX image from here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=

victoriahenri
19-11-12, 00:21
Ok I understand, sorry for the silly question I thought I had to make one with my current setup:D