PDA

View Full Version : Recording from Ultimo to Synology

tomthebomb1968
05-10-12, 11:10
Hi guys have been fiddling with this for nearly a week now, trying to use the NAS as the hard drive that is used for recording. I have had a few go's but not managed it. Anyone out there who can gimme the instructions.

I have spent lots of time trawling through the synology sites but cant find any tuts, if theres a link to a specfic tut that would be ideal.
Thanks.

Trial
05-10-12, 11:24
Hi,
were is the problem. Activate NFS and create a NFS share on your Synology, mount this share in your box and create a bookmark for this mount. When using timer you can select this bookmark. Alternatively you can also use this NFS mount as a hdd replacement then everything will go to the Synology. I think this is done by checking a box while configuration of the mount.

ciao

tomthebomb1968
05-10-12, 12:24
Thanks for swift response.

I think that's what I have done, .but each time I tick the box to use as hdd then save it,.after it updates the settings the box is unchecked again..

Will delete my nfs mount n start from scratch n see how it goes. Ultimo is taking an age to browse network neighbourhood.

Trial
05-10-12, 13:00
Hi,
are you sure that your network is working? Perhaps it is unchecked because you do not have the rights to access your Synology or there is not route to your NAS.

ciao

tomthebomb1968
05-10-12, 13:09
Yeah the networks working ok, I think the hold up browing the neighbourhood is that my lad is transferring a 50gig file to the NAS lol.
Wil have a try when he has finished transferring.

Trial
05-10-12, 14:11
Hi,
were is the problem? Simply pull out bis cable:D

Ciao

gesendet mit meiner JB Tablette

tomthebomb1968
05-10-12, 18:41
It seems that the file transfer was not the problem. Each time I go into network browser and click to browse the VIX spinner shows breifly then nothing happens. Box becomes unresponsive and requires a hard reboot. I upgraded to latest build via telnet last night. Was definitely working prior to latest update. Asked another forum member with ultimo also on latest build and he had same result.

Trial
05-10-12, 19:42
Hi,
here Ultimo and build #350 no problem. In less than a minute it finds all 5 actives devices in my network.

ciao

tomthebomb1968
05-10-12, 20:28
Something very strange lol
Yeah I'm on build 350 too.
If I go into mount manager / mountpoints management I can see the NFS share to the diskstation is mounted and active with green tick.

Then I tried to delete the bookmark media/hdd in recording settings. It deletes but I don't then get option to add new one. I exited out and the default has changed from /media/hdd to /hdd/movie.

I think I know what I'm supposed to be doing but vu won't let me.

Will do a fresh install and see if it lets me use the GUI correctly after that..