PDA

View Full Version : Connection to VU

chrisal
05-10-12, 10:38
Morning guys i am trying to get the files from my box to the pc i am using dbedit.All iam getting is errors.I have tested the connection using db and it says it is ok.I have checked the vu connection and all green lights but when i ask for files to pc i get errors.The log in the db saysOOPS 500 OOPS child died Any thoughts guys:confused:

Larry-G
10-10-12, 07:09
Morning guys i am trying to get the files from my box to the pc i am using dbedit.All iam getting is errors.I have tested the connection using db and it says it is ok.I have checked the vu connection and all green lights but when i ask for files to pc i get errors.The log in the db saysOOPS 500 OOPS child died Any thoughts guys:confused:

Did you restore a settings backup from a earlier ViX image such as 2.4 ?. as that the error is what you see if you have and the only way to fix it is to flash the receiver without restoring the old settings backup.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

chrisal
12-10-12, 17:27
Hi Pheonix thanks for reply sorry it took so long to reply,The box had been used for CS and i can only assume that there was something in the conf file that was stopping the info coming thro.I put the latest vix image on and didnt restore the back up and way and behold ftp back again.So have deleted that config and started again.So now i have to learn all about the box without cs.The tutorial on site are good but take some understanding for a newbie.Thanks again for your reply no doubt we will be in touch again while the learning curve goes on.heers hrisal