PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Cursor jumping to "next" when scrolling EPG

Clabs
04-10-12, 22:04
Hi folks.

Been trying the new Vix 3 image and I have to say that I am really very impressed indeed. I had this on the receiver in my den for a week or so and loved it so much that I have pushed it out to my other 6 receivers dotted about the house.

The one niggle that me, and now the rest of the family have is when moving up or down in the EPG. So long as any programme in the EPG has more than around 15 minutes before it ends then moving up or down in the EPG results in the cursor highlighting the current programme. But as soon as around 15 minutes to end of programme rolls around, the cursor decides that it will jump to the next programme for that that channel.

I cannot imagine that there would be a setting for this and my considerable poking about in the menus seems to confirm this.

Is this usual Crossepg behaviour? We are all used to Sky, then Freesat and finally BH EPG (cooltv) where an up or down press always takes you to the current programme, regardless of how little time remains of the programme, rather than the cursor jumping to either now or next as we have now.

If it IS usual behaviour, is there a particular logic surrounding it that maybe we are missing?

Cheers and once again thanks for a really impressive image.

Rob van der Does
05-10-12, 06:39
It is usual behaviour. The reason is that the cursor doesn't 'know' at what time you are; it only knows in which time-frame you are.

BTW: It has nothing to do with 'Cross-EPG', as that's only a means to gather data.

Clabs
05-10-12, 22:12
Thanks for the reply, Rob - I appreciate it.

I do think I have a better understanding that CrossEPG is a means of gathering the EPG info to be displayed.

Afraid I am struggling with the explanation of the "next" programme being highlighted in the EPG rather than always the current one. The cursor does seem to know what timeframe it is in. I am in the same timeframe.

I looked at the timings again and it is actually around 8 minutes before the end of a programme that the cursor decides that it should highlight the next event rather than the current one. Something must tell it to look at the next event then rather than the current one, or am I being thick?

Don't get me wrong - I am not trying to knock the image - it is almost perfect. This thing is more of an irritation rather than anything else. But the image would be pretty much perfect without it.

Keep up the good work, Andy btw.

judge
10-10-12, 00:15
This has been fixed in the next stable build, thanks to Andy.
Enjoy...

Rob van der Does
10-10-12, 05:01
Enjoy...
i.e. build 364 that's online now.

Clabs
12-10-12, 22:03
Enjoy...

Yep - after the latest update, this is working perfectly now.

Thank you Andy for sorting it out - your hard work is appreciated mate.

Just glad also to know I wasn't going mad!

Cheers, Mark

nexstar
23-12-12, 23:31
I noticed the behaviour reported by Clabs on the version I am running and just wondered if the fix had been lost in a later build or maybe this only happens to me.

I've got a Vu+ Ultimo running ViX V3.0 build 534, CrossEPG and the ViX-Night-HD Vs 1.09 skin.

Is that build number (534) right? I took it from the About screen but it seems to be quite high compared to those I've seen in the download thread for the Ultimo.

Thanks.

Clabs
01-01-13, 18:39
As per nexstar's post, this behaviour seems to have reverted back since a few builds ago (possibly 521).

@nexstar - the current stable build is 544 so yours is about right, but all the recent stable downloads are in the Download Centre:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUltimo/