PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to flash.

VizualDze
04-10-12, 21:47
Hey guys, I ordered a Gigablue HD 800 UE box from this site and it arrived yesterday. I'm looking to flash it with the latest ViX image but I have no idea what I'm doing, could anyone help?

I've already downloaded the image and the bootloader, but no idea what to do with them.

Stanman
04-10-12, 21:52
Not got this but Mr Mister has and pointed him towards this so can help out.

VizualDze
04-10-12, 21:55
Thanks very much, hopefully he can help.

Larry-G
04-10-12, 21:57
The bootloader can be downloaded here along with the instructions.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20078-Gigablue-HD800UE-Bootloaders-here&p=147479&viewfull=1#post147479

Mr. Mister
04-10-12, 21:58
Make sure to format usb stick(s) to FAT32

Put the bootloader on the USB stick.. Then put USB Stick in the from of the 800 UE

Then power on the 800 UE.. You will see the word " Conf " displayed on the from VFD..

As soon as you see this.. Press the OK button beside the USB Stick..

Bootloader will flash in a few seconds.. Box will start to boot up as soon as its finished..

Power down the box when you see bootlogos on tv screen..

Then repeat the above steps to flash the image..

Make sure to format your USB stick again after bootloader.. as Gigiblue are quite choosey about the USB sticks they use..

VizualDze
04-10-12, 22:15
Thanks guys, with this info I will hopefully manage. Actually went to fire it up and give it a go just now, but realised the power cable it came with isn't UK so I'll need to pick up an adapter tomorrow.

VizualDze
05-10-12, 10:05
Make sure to format usb stick(s) to FAT32

Put the bootloader on the USB stick.. Then put USB Stick in the from of the 800 UE

Then power on the 800 UE.. You will see the word " Conf " displayed on the from VFD..

As soon as you see this.. Press the OK button beside the USB Stick..

Bootloader will flash in a few seconds.. Box will start to boot up as soon as its finished..

Power down the box when you see bootlogos on tv screen..

Then repeat the above steps to flash the image..

Make sure to format your USB stick again after bootloader.. as Gigiblue are quite choosey about the USB sticks they use..

I followed your steps, but nothing seems to happen. I extracted the 'hd800ue_bootloader_08-08-2012.rar' file into a fleshly formatted FAT32 USB stick, put it in the box and powered it up. The word Conf never appeared anywhere and the box just booted up as normal (I tried both the front and back USB access points).

I noticed from Pheonix link that the instructions say the power light should flick from red and blue which did happen, so I thought maybe the bootloader had worked. I re-formatted the USB stick and extracted 'openvix-3.0.204-gb800ue_usb.rar' onto it, powered down the unit, attached the USB, powered up and again it just started up as normal, as if ignoring that the USB is even attached.

Have I done something wrong?

VizualDze
05-10-12, 10:40
Ok figured it out. The bootloader had flashed, it just never asked me to press anything. My issue with flashing the image was cause I was putting the files in the root of the USB stick instead off keeping them in the folders. Thanks for your patience guys. I may need some help later installing Ccam, but I'll give it a go myself and try work it out.

Also guys, the ViX image looks excellent! Definitely the best I've seen on any of these boxes. Superb job! I'm having an issue where it looks as though everything isn't quite fitting into the screen at the moment but I'll search around the settings for a solution.

Larry-G
05-10-12, 10:45
Ok figured it out. The bootloader had flashed, it just never asked me to press anything. My issue with flashing the image was cause I was putting the files in the root of the USB stick instead off keeping them in the folders. Thanks for your patience guys. I may need some help later installing Ccam, but I'll give it a go myself and try work it out.

Also guys, the ViX image looks excellent! Definitely the best I've seen on any of these boxes. Superb job! I'm having an issue where it looks as though everything isn't quite fitting into the screen at the moment but I'll search around the settings for a solution.

Congrats on sorting it out. And sorry I could not be more help as I don't have this receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

VizualDze
05-10-12, 10:55
No problem at all mate, you've been more than helpful over the last week! Is that normal that the menu's on the left hand side look like they've been cut off or is it something I need to alter in the settings? I've tried changing resolutions but doesn't seem to affect it. Added a pic below in case I'm not explaining myself well.

http://i47.tinypic.com/fvxo38.jpg

judge
05-10-12, 11:14
Turn off overscan on your TV, if that's not possible go to Menu -> setup -> system -> User Interface -> Position Setup, adjust the settings there.

VizualDze
05-10-12, 11:35
Thanks for the response. My TV doesn't have overscan unfortunately. I tried to follow your steps on the Gigablue box but I go, Menu > Setup > System and there isn't a user interface option. Were these instructions definitely for the OpenViX image?

judge
05-10-12, 11:38
Thanks for the response. My TV doesn't have overscan unfortunately. I tried to follow your steps on the Gigablue box but I go, Menu > Setup > System and there isn't a user interface option. Were these instructions definitely for the OpenViX image?

Yes, these instructions are for VIX.
What build no. are you on? if an older 3.x image, it could be Menu -> setup -> system -> OSD Settings -> Position Setup
If that is the case, I'd advise you to update to latest stable build though.

VizualDze
05-10-12, 11:54
Ah right, yeh I do have OSD. I tried re-positioning in there but nothing happened. The build I had was 'openvix-3.0.204-gb800ue_usb.rar' - so I've downloaded the latest one from the site. I've tried flashing the image as I did the original but nothing happens, the box just loads up as normal. I even changed the 'noforce' file to 'force' as advised in the forum but still nothing. Is there something I'm missing?

Really sorry about all these issues I'm having. Seems like something is going wrong at every turn. Stiff learning curve I guess.

Larry-G
05-10-12, 12:11

every tv has overscan but most hide it away and dont allow the user change or turn it off.

as pointed out though, this is why we include the OSD position options so you can adjust it from the box if your tv does not allow you to turn overscan off.

Mr. Mister
05-10-12, 12:44
you must update from build 204.. Thats pretty old now.. And as far as i remember.. there was a driver issue which would not allow you to change OD settings..

Just got to openvix.co.uk and down the latest build.. Then do any updates that need doing..

Then you will also be able to fix the over scan issues..

VizualDze
05-10-12, 12:49
How do I update though? I tried flashing the latest image but when I put it on the USB stick the box just starts up as if it's not there. I even tried changing the noforce file to force but no joy.

Mr. Mister
05-10-12, 12:55
ok..
Menu > Set up > System > Software Update >

Option 1 = Yes
Option 2 = 01 ( My perference )
Option 3 = Yes ( Again. My preference )
Option 4 = No ( Again. My preference )
Option 5 = No ( Again. My preference )

Green button to save.. You may have to reboot.. ( Cant remember exactly )

Now.. Menu > System > Software Update >

Follow the onscreen instructions

VizualDze
05-10-12, 13:01
I had already tried that but when I go into Software update it automatically begins to download 'Package List Update' but then I get a message in the centre of the screen saying there is nothing to update.

Mr. Mister
05-10-12, 13:43
ok..

press Menu > Set Up > Information

What build number you got.. ??

If its not 350.. you need to do this..

Menu > Set up > System > Software Update >

Option 1 = Yes
Option 2 = 01 ( My perference )
Option 3 = Yes ( Again. My preference )
Option 4 = No ( Again. My preference )
Option 5 = No ( Again. My preference )

If you have this.. then box will update..

VizualDze
05-10-12, 15:38
It was 204. I managed to get sorted. I changed the frequency of when it checks for updates, tried again and it finally worked. I've managed to tune everything in and sort the screen positioning now, so everything is working great! The only thing I have left to do is set up the Tenda Wireless because my girlfriend demands the box must be in the living room therefore I cannot connect directly from router to Gigablue box. I noticed the box comes with basically no instructions, have any of you guys used one before? I'm not sure what setting to have it on or how to input the details of my network so it connects.

Mr. Mister
05-10-12, 16:00
You should have done this before you set up your box.. As all the wizard was there to help you..

I have never used a Tenda.. But my UE is connected via Vu+ dongle

Your can try it by :

Menu > Set Up > System > Network > Network Wizard

just follow the on screen instructions..

VizualDze
05-10-12, 18:08
Got it going. Thanks so much for all your help guys. Couldn't have possibly done this without you all!