PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Update Icon removal and channel font change ViX_Night_HD skin

FTS
04-10-12, 21:31
I'm not sure if this applies to all ViX images or just the ET9x00 and whether this is the right place to post this either.

I made a simple mod for the ViX_Night_HD skin that removes the update check icon from everything except the SecondInfoBar so it won't confuse the non tech folk as it's sitting right next to REC. If you wanna check for an update just look at the SecondInfoBar as that's where all the techy stuff is anyway.

I also made the Channel font smaller and changed it from BoldIt;30 to Regular;24 as it was a bit big imo.

Just save it to etc/enigma2 and then it won't get overwritten by updates.

If this is a bad method to do a small mod like this then please tell me. :confused:

delboy13
04-10-12, 23:40
i done a skin edit and was told at every software update it will be overwritten you need to make changes in a skin_user.xml to be located in etc/enigma2 thanks to Rob van der Does for telling me that.this is the thread i started
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21462-turn-off-ecm-info

FTS
05-10-12, 00:02
i done a skin edit and was told at every software update it will be overwritten you need to make changes in a skin_user.xml to be located in etc/enigma2 thanks to Rob van der Does for telling me that.this is the thread i started
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21462-turn-off-ecm-info

Cheers for the link, that's what I done already so it wouldn't be overwritten.

Rob van der Does
05-10-12, 07:17
If this is a bad method to do a small mod like this then please tell me. :confused:
No, it should be saved as skin_user.xm in etc/enigma2. In there only the changed screens should be saved, so all other parts of the skin will be updated as usual.

I done a skin edit and was told at every software update it will be overwritten you need to make changes in a skin_user.xml to be located in etc/enigma2 thanks to Rob van der Does for telling me that. This is the thread I started http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21462-turn-off-ecm-info

To add to this:
skin_user.xml
will take precedence over every skin used, while
skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml
will only be active if the skin ViX night HD has been chosen (thus preventing crashes).

FTS
05-10-12, 17:02
Right so making a small mod without messing everything up is pretty clear, it was your posts that I got the skin user stuff from Rob :thumbsup:

Do you happen to know if there is any more depth to the widget for the audio display other than "IsMultichannel"?

As I've seen from other skins you can get 1080/720/576 for the "VideoWidth" and that's a nice extra and to add more info like AC3/DTS/44kHz/48kHz etc. would be another nice extra.

Rob van der Does
05-10-12, 18:16
Hmm, not sure, but I don't think so.
Many skins install also extra renderers to get extra options like those. But for a skin that's not a proper way to go. If any extra functionality is required/useful, a feature request to the image maker should be issued (and of course without guarantee that this will be fulfilled).

BTW: the 'skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml' is quite new; until recently only 'skin_user.xml' was available.

FTS
05-10-12, 20:04
Right cool, I thought I would ask anyway as I was thinking about trying to make my own skin but don't fully understand the limitations as of yet. It's a lot of code for a lot of screens and I'm not 100% sure where I can look for info.

Rob van der Does
05-10-12, 20:40
There's not really much info. Best way to learn is to look into other skins, and then the trial & error way.
Rest assured: it will keep you from going to the pub for quite a long time!