PDA

View Full Version : looking for a ch list streamer

s1m0nw
04-10-12, 19:24
hey guys

I in the market for something that will stream ch list from Duo to the solo (the solo not attached to sat feed), BUT the solo has to be able to view any channel and not the a bunch of channels of the same transponder?

Is this possible?

If not... whats the best option?

pacha2
04-10-12, 22:10
I am planning something similar myself. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe there is a plugin called RemoteStreamConvert.
This provides the Bouquets to the satellite remote box.

Larry-G
04-10-12, 22:16
I am planning something similar myself. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe there is a plugin called RemoteStreamConvert.
This provides the Bouquets to the satellite remote box.

yes the remotestreaconvert plugin works exactly as the OP wants and it works very well indeed. I my self use it to stream channels from a Vu ultimo to a Vu uno which up until today never even had a lnb feed.

s1m0nw
05-10-12, 16:16
Is there a setup guide on here for that? Tried searchin last night think i might be wording it wrong to not find it lol

My understandin is u dont need to do anything main box but on client box i goto remotechannelstream in tuner configs?

wiz569
05-10-12, 20:04
Is there a setup guide on here for that? Tried searchin last night think i might be wording it wrong to not find it lol

My understandin is u dont need to do anything main box but on client box i goto remotechannelstream in tuner configs?

Just install it on the box you want to watch the channels on,
then Menu-Setup-Service searching

Scroll down to Remote Channel Stream Convertor and press ok,
Select which bouquets you want to to be able to watch,then press yellow to set up the ip address of the box you want to stream the channels from,

Then press ok on each bouquet you want and then press green to download :)

Bear in mind when you want to stream these channels, the box you are streaming from needs to be in standby

Rob van der Does
05-10-12, 20:32
Bear in mind when you want to stream these channels, the box you are streaming from needs to be in standby
To be a bit more specific: the box must not be switched off. It can be in standby or in use (for Live-TV and/or for recordings), and stream requests will be handled the same way as recordings: if they fit they will be honoured, if they don't fit in the client-box will not show the desired channel.

Larry-G
05-10-12, 20:41

nope totally wrong.

The plugin borrows a tuner from the server receiver, basically tying it up as if it were being used for a recording. you can still use the server receiver providing there is another free tuner to the one being borrowed by the plugin.

wiz569
05-10-12, 22:21
nope totally wrong.

The plugin borrows a tuner from the server receiver, basically tying it up as if it were being used for a recording. you can still use the server receiver providing there is another free tuner to the one being borrowed by the plugin.

Not totally wrong if you only have a single tuner

judge
05-10-12, 22:24
Not totally wrong if you only have a single tuner

as pheonix said:
you can still use the server receiver providing there is another free tuner to the one being borrowed by the plugin

wiz569
06-10-12, 00:44
as pheonix said:
you can still use the server receiver providing there is another free tuner to the one being borrowed by the plugin

So therefore not totally wrong if using a single tuner box
and you dont need to repeat what pheonix said I can read

But dont worry I wont try to help members any more

Rob van der Does
06-10-12, 05:24
Read my post #6 above: that says it all. A tuner doesn't need to be completely free; the stream request has to fit in what the box is doing. So also a single tuner box can handle streams while making recordings and or showing live-TV.
Obviously in that case the client-box is limited to services that are on the same transponder as the server-box is using.

So again: no need to be in standby.

judge
06-10-12, 10:14
So therefore not totally wrong if using a single tuner box
and you dont need to repeat what pheonix said I can read

But dont worry I wont try to help members any more

Sorry, no offence was meant & please do help members out when you can.