PDA

View Full Version : Help.....!

seancred
04-10-12, 18:42
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping you can help. I. running vix 3.0 build 343 and I love the image however, since upgrading to 3.0, a few issues have crept in. These could be caused by me but I'm just looking for advice on how to fix!

First the hard disk was playing up, so much so that the drive was wiped clean and all recordings were failing. I assumed this was a HD issue so I swapped the drive for another one.

Second, my duo keeps freezing when in standby. I come home from work and it has usually frozen around 4pm, overnight the same thing happens with a freeze usually around 6am. I know this because the time stops on the display. When it has frozen, if I restart by switching off at the back, the duo seems to start but then gets stuck displaying VU+ Duo on the front panel. I cant go any further. The only way to start the unit is to reflash an image backup. At the moment I have to do this at least once everyday. I just can't figure out the issue as it has been rock solid in the past. The HD issue has been resolved by the new drive. The freezing was happening both before installing the new HD and has continued afterwards.#

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

satmanbasil
04-10-12, 20:38
Hi mate

You didnt say if you still continue to have a problem with the hdd that could be just a glitch with the hdd its self unless your replacement behaves the same.
As for the box freezing does this happen when the hdd is connected ? do you have any set time recordings taking place at the times you mentioned ? also what about EPG what times have you set for this to update.
The best way forward in any problem like you mention is to start off from fresh install adding parts to your setup like epg updates ect leaving for a day to see they work then add another by doing this way whatever is causing your problem can then be looked into more detail.

regards

seancred
04-10-12, 20:46
Hi mate

You didnt say if you still continue to have a problem with the hdd that could be just a glitch with the hdd its self unless your replacement behaves the same.
As for the box freezing does this happen when the hdd is connected ? do you have any set time recordings taking place at the times you mentioned ? also what about EPG what times have you set for this to update.
The best way forward in any problem like you mention is to start off from fresh install adding parts to your setup like epg updates ect leaving for a day to see they work then add another by doing this way whatever is causing your problem can then be looked into more detail.

regards

Hi Mate,

HDD problem seems to be sorted so thats 1 out of 2! I dont do a scheduled download of the EPG, it reloads on boot. No timers set for the times that it crashes. I did do a fresh install but that was when I still had the old HDD in. It didn't make any difference but maybe I need to do it with the new HDD installed!

satmanbasil
05-10-12, 20:17
Hi mate

yeah give that a go and report back like i mentioned add things slowly plugins etc just incase your using a plugin not compatable with the image.
Also enable log reporting so if anything does crash the programmers here can help you with the problem if you post the crash log. These boxes are rock solid and alot of problems normally have a simple answer really down to experience in the end knowing what the box can do something im sure your pick up in time.

good luck

seancred
09-10-12, 16:02
A couple of days with no problems suggests that a fresh flash built back up to what I had before may have solved the issue. Time will telll I guess but Im just glad to be making some progress!!