PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Newb

fullmonty
04-10-12, 17:08
Hello Fourm
i have just got myself a new Vu+ Ultimo from WOS, the other day, i have been trying to get a picture from any satellite, iv got a got signal from hotbird, this is what im doing,

In Tuner Settings
My turner is set to A (B) Not used
Config Mode: Simple
Mode:Positioner
My Long is set to: 002.797 West
My Lang is set to: 052.734 North

When i goto Positison Setup,
Tune: HotBird-13A...............13 east 11137H 27500 Bloomberg Europe
I Get a Strong signal
But when i try to watch anything on hotbird just the logo screen
Many Thanks
Nic

Stanman
04-10-12, 17:14
You sau single but than have it set up as motor?

If it is fixed than change positioner to single a d select sat as 13E.

fullmonty
04-10-12, 17:31
Hi Sorry its a motorized dish And get a strong signal but nothing else

fullmonty
04-10-12, 17:33
Hi iv got a motorized dish and a strong signal on Hotbird TP, but nothing else
thanks

Larry-G
04-10-12, 21:21
check your F-plug ends and make sure there nice and sung with no loose braids that could cause a short.
Then i would try updating the satellites.xml file for all of the locations you want to receive

How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270)

Also try updating the FPGA although i'm sure if you bought it from WoS he would have done it, but it wont hurt to make sure.

fullmonty
04-10-12, 21:32
check your F-plug ends and make sure there nice and sung with no loose braids that could cause a short.
Then i would try updating the satellites.xml file for all of the locations you want to receive

How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270)

Also try updating the FPGA although i'm sure if you bought it from WoS he would have done it, but it wont hurt to make sure.

Thanks for that I will give it a try not sure what's FPGA is?
But will this help

Software
Kernel version: 3.1.1
Firmware version: 201209102036
Gui version: 2012-10-03

Larry-G
04-10-12, 21:49
Menu> plugins> FPGA Upgrade or Firmware Upgrade. >
Blue to download then highlight TS_PRO.dat and hit green to upgrade.

This will flash the chip that controlls the tuner cards, and is a essential upgrade for use with newer images / drivers.

fullmonty
05-10-12, 05:21
Ok I've updated the FPGA and it still the same, I used to have a dreambox 7020Si (last week), when I sold it I left it on hotbird, so when I plug the Vu+ in it should of work,
it's got to be something simple,
Thanks

fullmonty
05-10-12, 15:30
Hi, iv just come home from work, i tryed this,
iv plug in my friends spiderbox and got a picture, but its not working on the Vu+? the leads on fine and nothing its touching, so what could the problem be?
iv download the Vhannibal E2 Motor 03 ott, and also the satellites.xml, in the rigth folders,
im only using Tuner A, nothing in B
Thanks 3 Days and Still on Joy :(

If anyone could help me, i can give you my Email in PM

Sicilian
05-10-12, 15:33
Is this only on hotbird? Have you tried other satellites?

Have you tried running a single satellite scan?

Sicilian
05-10-12, 15:37
Another you cant rely on using an alternative receiver to test. I've seen things like this before that the feed has a short, don't affect all receivers but does affect VU's. Are you able to run a temp cable direct to LNB?

fullmonty
05-10-12, 15:45
No cant pick nothing Up, with the Vu+, I get strong signal but no picture,

fullmonty
05-10-12, 15:48
Another you cant rely on using an alternative receiver to test. I've seen things like this before that the feed has a short, don't affect all receivers but does affect VU's. Are you able to run a temp cable direct to LNB?

Thanks but I can't do that, as it's of the roof,

Sicilian
05-10-12, 16:58
I would test as follows.

1) Use spiderbox to move dish, ensure its getting a picture.
2) Re-flash your Ultimo and start fresh.
3) Setup the Ultimo as if its a fixed dish on Hotbird. Simple, single satellite, hotbird.
4) Upload vhannibals settings from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2639-Latest-vhannibal-E2-settings/page25 for Hotbird post 245.

Dreamboxedit guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit Use to upload your settings.

fullmonty
05-10-12, 17:02
i should need to re-flash it as WoS installed VIX, and i have not touch nothing else. i was thinking it was ready togo when i recived it? but i was wrong,
thanks i look to how on how to re-flash, and get back to you
Nic

Sicilian
05-10-12, 17:46
i should need to re-flash it as WoS installed VIX, and i have not touch nothing else. i was thinking it was ready togo when i recived it? but i was wrong,
thanks i look to how on how to re-flash, and get back to you
Nic

I've advised re-flash because not sure what exact steps you've done.

fullmonty
05-10-12, 17:53
ok i have re-flashed it, but the setting are still there?
iv plug the usb in the front and the display said found software?
should i do a factory reset,

all i have done since iv got it, is only the turner set-up, and positioner set. no download nothing installed (plug-ins)

Sicilian
05-10-12, 17:55
Look at the screen, tells you to press/touch '-' minus button to flash.

fullmonty
05-10-12, 18:06
ok i have now press the ''-'' flash0 avail0 (048MB)
should i only update FPGA or leave that for now,
im about to go through the wizzard set-up