30-03-10, 11:10
Anyone using this?
Whats the best setting for 720p plasma?

I found this settings on nabilo forum:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1932/shot2d.jpg

Not sure if they are any good.

Sicilian
30-03-10, 11:49
That screenshot must be from a Nablio image. Th autoresolution plugin available in the OpenPLi plugins menu has a lot more options. Personally I don't use the plugin as I dont think it made any major improvements with my plasma (1080i). For a 720P plasma try setting SD interlace mode to 576P/576i and HD interlace mode to 720P/720i, see what give best results. Its should also be available on the VTI plugins menu (might even be pre-installed on VTI0.7).

Twigman
30-03-10, 11:53
How does auto resolution work?

Generally I'd want 1080i output on HD for TV and 576i output on SD and let my TV do the upscaling.
Would I need this plugin to do that?

How good is the upscaling in the Vu+ ?

I run a Samsung UE40B7020 LED LCD TV full 1080p HD.

Sicilian
30-03-10, 12:00
@ Twigman, you can set the autoresolution plugin to do that. I've attached a screenshot from the plugin settings that OpenPLi installs.

dfdream
30-03-10, 12:43
Plugin does give marginal improvement with low end SD pictures as the output is closer to the original resoultion and not depending on upscaling.

The down side I had with it is the TV has to do a refresh for each different resolution you change to.

So if zapping from HD to various SD resolutions you get a delay while the TV adjusts to the new resolution. Twas a pain in the neck.

Twigman
30-03-10, 12:45
The down side I had with it is the TV has to do a refresh for each different resolution you change to.

So if zapping from HD to various SD resolutions you get a delay while the TV adjusts to the new resolution. Twas a pain in the neck.

Kind of used to that already.
I have my SkyHD box set to Auto so I get 1second of black screen as I zap between HD & SD but the SD PQ is so much better when the TV does the upscaling.
The Mrs doesn't like it (the black screen) though.