PDA

View Full Version : Timeshift & recording

thejoker
02-10-12, 22:46
I have a vu duo running vix. Is it not possible to pause one channel and turn over to another and when i return to the first channel for it to still be paused.

Also when i set a recording for a particular programme it switches over to that channel 5 mins before it starts. Is there no way to change that to say 30 secs or a min?

basilyoung
02-10-12, 22:54
is this a CLONE unit, or an origonal unit???

thejoker
02-10-12, 23:34
Its a genuine duo. Do these boxes not have this feature

Maxwell
02-10-12, 23:37
which vix build are you on ?

thejoker
03-10-12, 01:04
2.4 i think, it was flashed about 3 months. Think vix 3 is latest build. Should i reflash/update with 3 to get what im looking fo

thejoker
03-10-12, 01:34
Have just flashed vix 3 but still cannot pause and watch another channel..

garryboy
03-10-12, 03:20
Do you have 2 cables from the dish going into the back or 1.

Rob van der Does
03-10-12, 05:52
I have a vu duo running vix. Is it not possible to pause one channel and turn over to another and when i return to the first channel for it to still be paused.
No Enigma2 box is capable of that.

Also when i set a recording for a particular programme it switches over to that channel 5 mins before it starts. Is there no way to change that to say 30 secs or a min?
You can set the time-span a recording starts before the show starts in your recording settings.
And besides: every timer you enter will show the set times: you can change those manually before saving the timer.

thejoker
03-10-12, 15:15
Yep got the recordings sorted. I have two cables going into box. I can watch one channel while recording another ok but I cannot pause one channel and watch other. When I flick back to original channel it is no longer paused.

Is this not possible on any box, sky, v+ etc or is it just enigma boxes.

Rob van der Does
03-10-12, 15:28
Well, in fact, using ViX it is possible: enable PTS and before zapping make a recording (via the record-button; choose the option this program or so). Now you can zap and continue watching the previous program via the recordings list.

Best option however: never watch live-TV; go through the EPG one or twice a week and select all that might be interesting. After all that's what gives you the freedom a DVR is designed for!

pooface
03-10-12, 15:38
As rob says, I can't see why you would want to do this. Its easier to just pause, and start a recording for the program you want to zap to, and then return back to the program you're currently watching, and then after that's finished, watch the recording for the program you wanted to zap over to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thejoker
03-10-12, 21:18
Cheers mate, that will work. But why would you have to enable PTS on the first point, surely if your recording the desired program theres no need for PTS. Or am I missing something?

Rob van der Does
03-10-12, 21:47
PTS gives you the option to make a recording while the show is already running: it will record from the beginning of the show ('recording in retro-vision', provided you were watching the show). Of course you can also (or even better) make a planned recording.

thejoker
04-10-12, 03:09
Do you know if this is a feature of the sky hd box, pause one channel while watching another

garryboy
09-10-12, 07:52
Do you know if this is a feature of the sky hd box, pause one channel while watching another

No. Only option was to record whilst watching another channel.