PDA

View Full Version : No Network

ka5hm1r
09-09-10, 13:38
my vu+ has lost network connection. it was working yesterday but today will not connect to my router have changed ports on the router and changed cable but no luck when doing network test keeps failing on second one. have reloaded image on there and also tried a different image but same thing. any help would be grateful

richca
09-09-10, 14:36
i had a similar issue when i first installed this image, using belkin usb dongle, i restarted the image and unticked the dchp and set my on ip and it worked ok, however i still randomly whilst using vlc from my laptop lose connection and have to restart vu box

ka5hm1r
09-09-10, 16:42
i have sent box back as onboard nic interface stopped detecting cable.

grtmoby
09-09-10, 16:46
sorry to hear this m8 :(

basilyoung
09-09-10, 16:54
Well I think this is the first unit I have heard of, having to be sent back, bad luck mate, and hope you get a replacment unit very soon

baz

Hoopstroops
23-11-10, 13:17
My brother called this morning to say his new out of box Vu+ Duo won't connect to network and that no lights are displaying on the rear of the box! I couldn't recall from memory though presumed that the network ports were plug and play! Could this be the same problemas above? The only thing differnt from my setup is that he has a longer run cable from the upstairs down though tested and working on laptop! Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Sicilian
23-11-10, 13:23
My brother called this morning to say his new out of box Vu+ Duo won't connect to network and that no lights are displaying on the rear of the box! I couldn't recall from memory though presumed that the network ports were plug and play! Could this be the same problemas above? The only thing differnt from my setup is that he has a longer run cable from the upstairs down though tested and working on laptop! Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Double check all your networks settings, make sure DHCP is enabled on router and VU+ receiver.

Hoopstroops
23-11-10, 19:57
Thanks solved problem with bro's ethernet connection! Turned out to be faulty cable after all!