PDA

View Full Version : Question about Partnerbox/Remote Channel Converter

captain jack
02-10-12, 12:03
Hi,

I have a friend living in Denmark who's about to move into an apartment where he cannot have a dish. He has an active Sky UK subscription which we had to cancel for him because of that.

However, he does have plentiful Internet bandwidth from his place to a local cable company and he has been given permission to install his Sky dish there (1.2m Channel Master). The question is about streaming. As Internet bandwidth is not a problem and he can easily squeeze 45Mbit (and more if needed) from the dish location, what's the best way to set this up?

I've seen things like Partnerbox (obsolete?) and Remote Channel Converter plugins, which allow you to join two Enigma2 receivers together. How does this work? Do we just set up one receiver with the satellite signal as usual, with softcams, cards etc. and then stream it across? Or does the source receiver send the full satellite transponder over to the target receiver (the one without a sat signal) and then that does the decoding etc.? In other words, it's behaving like it's receiving a local satellite signal.

Rob van der Does
02-10-12, 13:41
PB is indeed obsolete.
Remote Channel converter is an easy way to have one box stream his channels (URL-streaming). In house I use this all the time: the streams are descrambled (if the serverbox can do that of course). The serverbox is fully setup as receiver (so including cams). I think if you open the correct port (not sure which one that is) for the serverbox to be approached by the clientbox this should work.