PDA

View Full Version : which images hd1?

PCEXPERT
02-10-12, 09:43
hello
i want to tell me which images can i put to my unibox hd1?

Larry-G
02-10-12, 15:34
hello
i want to tell me which images can i put to my unibox hd1?

Quite a few of the OE-Alliance teams produce images for the hd1 including ViX.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
02-10-12, 19:37
The Vix one is here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?336-Venton-Unibox-HD1-ViX-Team-images

imgold
07-07-13, 13:49
same question reallly - i'm about to purchase a unibox hd1 but don't know what image i should choose - what are the pros and cons of the ones available?
basically i want to be able to record multiple channels, have 7 day epg, access to bbc / itv iplayers, use box as media player 9last one no so important as i already have a WD TV Live)

thanks in advance!

Stanman
07-07-13, 14:09
Your best best mate is to install the vix one, set it up, try it and than do a image and settings back up and than try the rest, if your unhappy with any of them than than its a few minute job to restor it

reeves1985
07-07-13, 15:50
Anothe vote for the vix image

I got mine pre installed and think its brillian and very easy to use and setup

Haven't tried the rest because I like the vix image as is

All of the major functions are built in and fully customisable

Must say I love the epg and the way the auto timer is built in makes it very easy for the mrs to set timers which keeps her happy filling the drive with junk!
Makes my life easier

As when I had the nbox setup she was forever moaning
How do you do tho how do you do that
"Oh I'm sick of this just get the sly box back"

Now I just get oh I love this

No more crashing and random dropped recordings or recording something and it doesn't actually play

Best £200 I ever spent (I got the hd2 version so I could rob the sly HD hard drive, worked out cheaper than the hd1 that way if you factor the hard drive as I didn't have a 2.5" spare so would have cost £40-£50 extra)

imgold
15-07-13, 19:48
up and running now using vix and so far loving the box - havent figured out how to get bbc iplayer etc though - is it possible?

Larry-G
15-07-13, 20:11
havent figured out how to get bbc iplayer etc though - is it possible?

Yes it's possible, just download the OnDemand player from the plugin feeds and there you go.

imgold
15-07-13, 21:23
Thanks for that - installed and working :)