PDA

View Full Version : which stable VIX version to use for dlink wifi dongle 300n on Vu + duo?

palbhan
01-10-12, 08:25
Hi,
I am using VIX 2.2.11 and would like to upgrade my image for allowing wifi dongle to work. At present I am using LAN cable and I need to move the box upstairs where there is only wifi connectivity. Can you please suggest me working stable release of VIX that work with dlink 300n wifi dongle please. Your help is much appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Palbhan :confused:

pooface
01-10-12, 12:19
Not sure about whether that dongle is working, check the chipset, and see if the compatible drivers are available. But, you are always going to have Best success using latest version, plus, the drivers will only be available in ViX 2.4 or 3.0 (and when feeds for 2.4 go down, only for 3.0 or newer, until their feeds are removed in favour of the latest image at the time)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

palbhan
01-10-12, 12:31
Thanks pooface. Does that mean I better use the VIX 3.0 latest version and find out if we have drivers available for wifi dongle by identifyinf its chipset.
and before upgrade how can I back up my last image and settings so in case if I want to revert back?
thanks
:)

palbhan
04-10-12, 15:16
hi pooface.
I have installed vix 2.4.215 and no drivers for wifi . do you have any link or tutorail how to get these wifi drivers? I fhtey are gone then I will try to use vix 3.0. another query is TSPanel. Will that work on vix 3.0?

pooface
04-10-12, 18:25
From what I recall, all drivers are built in to the image... Is your wifi stick a known working chipset on linux boxes? Or just one that you had lying around or bought without checking?