PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] New ViX Team Technomate TM-TWIN-OE ViX OE3.0 Release Discussion

Maxwell
25-08-12, 07:15
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&d=1348908188
New VIX Image Technomate TM-TWIN-OE

30/09/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.338
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18900&d=1345809156
From VIX Team

TM - Kernel Version: 3.5.3
TM - Drivers: 26-09-2012

All Users
Latest bootloader is required to be flashed prior to flashing the image
Bootloader instructions are at the bottom of this page

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
Instant record & Zap added to all EPG screens including EPG search. (short & long press record button)
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (26/9/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
Ocram for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatible.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Known issues: -

USB Tuners not currently supported.

OpenWebif screenshots not functioning 100%.
Please be aware that using the front power button on the TM-Twin was designed with the original factory firmware in mind and not Enigma 2 images. It will not place the receiver into standby, but shut the receiver down in the same was as the rear power switch, This is set in the hardware and not a image thing so we have no control over this function. DO NOT press the front power button while flashing images or bootloaders.

All Users
Latest bootloader is required to be flashed prior to flashing the image

DISCLAIMER
This procedure is done ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
The VIX team take no responsibility for any failure of your box due to following these instructions

Bootloader instructions - Follow very carefully and DO NOT POWER OFF or remove USB stick for any reason during this process
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

INSTRUCTIONS
REMOVE ALL USB DEVICES FROM THE RECIEVER BEFORE YOU START
USB sticks of 4GB or less are recommended
Please be aware that using the front power button on the TM-Twin was designed with the original factory firmware in mind and not Enigma 2 images. It will not place the receiver into standby, but shut the receiver down in the same was as the rear power switch, This is set in the hardware and not a image thing so we have no control over this function.
DO NOT PRESS THE FRONT POWER BUTTON WHILE FLASHING IMAGES OR BOOTLOADERS!

1) Format USB stick Fat32. If you already have a FAT32 stick you MUST have no other files and folders on it.

2) Create folders > update > tmtwin > cfe > copy bootloader across and rename to cfe.bin or copy the whole update folder from the Bootloader.zip to the root of your USB stick, double check the structure is \update\tmtwin\cfe\cfe.bin

3) When powering on for first time after flashing with bootloader and image you MUST REPEATEDLY PRESS EXIT until the image boot logo appears after the initial splash screen.

IMPORTANT - BEGIN PRESSING EXIT BEFORE AND DURING POWERING BACK ON - IMPORTANT

3a) Connect USB stick with bootloader to the front USB socket and power on, message will appear on screen - press OK to flash Bootloader
3b) When finished message appears on TV Power off using rear power switch
3c) Wait with power off for a good 90 seconds minimum before powering back on.
When powering on for first time after flashing with bootloader and image you MUST REPEATEDLY PRESS EXIT until the image boot logo appears after the initial splash screen.
On NEW VIRGIN receivers that have never been flashed with an Enigma 2 image or required bootloader, you MUST repeatedly press menu for a few seconds after the Linux penguin splash screen appears, you will not see an image boot logo.

IMPORTANT - BEGIN PRESSING EXIT BEFORE AND DURING POWERING BACK ON - IMPORTANT

4) REPEAT THE WHOLE OF STEP 3 this will ensure that the flash is correctly partitioned.

5) Power off using the rear switch

6) Delete any files from your USB stick and transfer the image Update folder from inside the Image zip to the root of the stick.

7) With power off connect USB stick with Image to front USB and power on.
7a) Press OK for image to flash when message appears on TV or VFD Image will then flash.
7b) Power off with rear switch when completed message appears on TV or VFD
7c) Wait with power off for a good 90 seconds minimum before powering back on.

Downloads

Download image and bootloader HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21659-New-ViX-Team-Technomate-TM-TWIN-OE-ViX-OE3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/)

Sicilian
30-09-12, 12:03
Image and bootloader available here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21659-New-ViX-Team-Technomate-TM-TWIN-OE-ViX-OE3-0-Release

Please post feedback in this thread.

Enjoy all :)

abu baniaz
30-09-12, 13:27
I have been using the images for a while. Very reliable of late. Well done Vix team for persevering. I remember seeing Andy work on the TM at 02:30 at night and back at it first thing at 11:30.

Let's hope the TM coders have learnt valuable lessons on how to do things properly and their skills are used to good effect on other receivers.

A couple of things......
There is an issue with the signal meter. Even if you change it from % to show the dB it still does not reflect the changes or go above 86/7 %. This is on both the Vix as well as 4D images. Nothing major. Dilly 1006 realigned someones motor/dish setup and also reached the same conclusion.

Someone has posted a few times about the menus being too big. The answer has always been to change the "just scale" options. However, I did not have to do this with the openpli images. I also view the Twin on a monitor, there is no option for this setting. Other receivers are fine, just the Twin using proper/open Vix.

Sicilian
30-09-12, 14:17
I have been using the images for a while. Very reliable of late. Well done Vix team for persevering. I remember seeing Andy work on the TM at 02:30 at night and back at it first thing at 11:30.

Let's hope the TM coders have learnt valuable lessons on how to do things properly and their skills are used to good effect on other receivers.

A couple of things......
There is an issue with the signal meter. Even if you change it from % to show the dB it still does not reflect the changes or go above 86/7 %. This is on both the Vix as well as 4D images. Nothing major. Dilly 1006 realigned someones motor/dish setup and also reached the same conclusion.

Someone has posted a few times about the menus being too big. The answer has always been to change the "just scale" options. However, I did not have to do this with the openpli images. I also view the Twin on a monitor, there is no option for this setting. Other receivers are fine, just the Twin using proper/open Vix.

Menu > Setup > System > User interface > OSD Position, simple :D

Regards signal meter, thank you for reporting, we'll report it.

abu baniaz
30-09-12, 15:40
Reduced size to 700x576 and moved to the right by 18. Fits perfectly when resolution is set to 1080i and 720p

Do we know if the no signal issue when using a hdmi switch is on the list of fixes to be made? A very minor issue but an issue nonetheless.

Maxwell
30-09-12, 15:44
Reduced size to 700x576 and moved to the right by 18. Fits perfectly when resolution is set to 1080i and 720p

Do we know if the no signal issue when using a hdmi switch is on the list of fixes to be made? A very minor issue but an issue nonetheless.

Works fine with my switch and splitter and am feeding it to an amp tv and projector simultaneously

abu baniaz
30-09-12, 15:57
It's fine when you first switch it on and suspect the the same if one's display remains on the same HDMI input.

When I switch inputs to DVI on my screen and then switch back, there is no picture even though the correct port is selected on the switch. If I switch ports on the switch and go back, it kicks back in. I hope CG121 can elaborate as he also confirmed the issue on his TV. (I am using a monitor.)

Maxwell
30-09-12, 16:05
Ah I see, I only use the one port on the display but out of interest is your switch self powered or using an external psu as I have had problems in the past with HDMI switches that are self powered and have since found that the ones that use a psu are far better at handshaking after a change

Sicilian
30-09-12, 16:07

You could turn off overscan on your TV ;)

Larry-G
30-09-12, 16:20
It's fine when you first switch it on and suspect the the same if one's display remains on the same HDMI input.

When I switch inputs to DVI on my screen and then switch back, there is no picture even though the correct port is selected on the switch. If I switch ports on the switch and go back, it kicks back in. I hope CG121 can elaborate as he also confirmed the issue on his TV. (I am using a monitor.)

Yes i can confirm this. I have 3 boxes going through a HDMI splitter into one HDMI port into the TV. If i'm watching something on the Twin and change to another receiver via the switch / splitter, when i switch back to the Twin i just get a black screen, i have to first change the channel then switch back to the Twin for the switch / splitter to pickup the Feed for the Twin. This does not happen on any other device i have had connected to this switch / splitter. including a Uno / Ultimo / Duo and a xbox 360.

abu baniaz
30-09-12, 16:22
@ Maxwell, I am afraid it is a cheap non powered switch. (Works perfectly with the XBOX, PS3, DM800 and surprisingly TM800)

@ Sicilian, One of the displays I use does not have the feature to turn off the overscan. I have done so on the other and your guidance on the OSD settings has assisted tremendously.

Larry-G
30-09-12, 16:22
Ah I see, I only use the one port on the display but out of interest is your switch self powered or using an external psu as I have had problems in the past with HDMI switches that are self powered and have since found that the ones that use a psu are far better at handshaking after a change

Mine uses a external power source but i still have the above mentioned problem but only with the twin. a channel change on the twin kicks it in though.

Maxwell
30-09-12, 16:28
have you tried it with HDMI-CEC on or off and see what happens

Larry-G
30-09-12, 16:31
I always have it set to off, never thought to turn it on LOL to try it that way. i'll do that when i get in from work in around a hour.

Sicilian
30-09-12, 16:53
Can we get a list together of makes/models of HDMI switches please.

pooface
30-09-12, 16:59
I have had similar problems when it wasn't even connected up to my tv, and just using hdmi through a monitor... Happened first time I connected it up to the monitor (first time I powered the box on). Thought the box was dodgy, until I restarted and it came up

Also had it when connected through my hdmi amp... Just turning on, and nothing outputting on tv... Now, I just power off the twin, and on again, and it works fine...

Maxwell
30-09-12, 17:20
I use 2 NEET externally powered splitters and also have no issues if I connect direct to the amp

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/110931277340?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

abu baniaz
30-09-12, 17:23
I have enabled CEC. Options set to "yes" for all options until handle wakeup from TV.
Wakeup signal from TV = Any activity.
Bottom three options set to "no"

No change.

I have two manual push button switches. There are no brand markings. One I got from Sainsburys and the other from ebay, similar to item 271068274787 on the bay.

Larry-G
30-09-12, 17:32
Can we get a list together of makes/models of HDMI switches please.

mine is a Belkin PURE AV 3 into 1 HDMI switch. has a external power supply and is both push button and remote control.

Larry-G
30-09-12, 17:52
mine is a Belkin PURE AV 3 into 1 HDMI switch. has a external power supply and is both push button and remote control.

activating HDMI CEC on the Twin seems have given mine the kick it needs, although it is worth pointing out that none of my other boxes need this setting activated, i'll keep a eye on it and report back.

Larry-G
30-09-12, 18:19
activating HDMI CEC on the Twin seems have given mine the kick it needs, although it is worth pointing out that none of my other boxes need this setting activated, i'll keep a eye on it and report back.

update:.

It would seem that activating HDMI CEC has not resolved my issue as it's still happening and only on this receiver.

dunk1964
30-09-12, 19:39
working fine but how do you install or down load ccc+m into softcam ?

abu baniaz
30-09-12, 19:47
Vix images do not have softcams installed. You have to install them manually.

See this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21009-Softcam-issues&p=155597&viewfull=1#post155597

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

andyblac
02-10-12, 09:48
i don't have a splitter, but do use a ATEN 8 port switch, (8 device to one tv), and have no issues, when i change devices and back

Rob van der Does
03-10-12, 06:13
It seems this box (and probably many others) are unable to allow simultaneous outputs..
For example, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a TV connected via HDMI 1080i and a multiroom/DVDr via Scart RGB..I won't mention the component outputs as that too demonstrates the same poor control.
Can't say for the TM but the VU boxes do support simultaneous outputs.

Edit: We are currently looking into this and any issues found will be reported to TM. Video-output is indeed governed by the drivers, so if there are issues TM will have to fix them.

Larry-G
03-10-12, 06:27
Can't say for the TM but the VU boxes do support simultaneous outputs.

Agreed and While I have not tested this on the twin yet. I have on many occasions had one of my vu receivers looked up to two different screens at the same time, via scart and HDMI Which works great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
03-10-12, 07:53
It seems this box (and probably many others) are unable to allow simultaneous outputs..
For example, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a TV connected via HDMI 1080i and a multiroom/DVDr via Scart RGB..I won't mention the component outputs as that too demonstrates the same poor control.

ok just got home and dug out a scart cable.

I have Two TV's side by side, hooked up to the Twin one via the HDMI port @ 1080i and the other via the Scart port, Both ports are outputting video just fine to both TV's.

Sicilian
03-10-12, 13:40
I didn't say it doesn't output video, I said it doesn't output RGB video while outputting HDMI...

Dont take this 100%, but got a feeling this maybe a charactaristic of E2, I setup a Uno the weekend, remember seeing the samething, but will need to check again.

The HDMI hub/switch issue has been reported and I'll be pushing for a fix ;)

Rob van der Does
03-10-12, 13:45
Dont take this 100%, but got a feeling this maybe a charactaristic of E2, I setup a Uno the weekend, remember seeing the samething, but will need to check again.
No, it's driver related: the plugin 'video mode' can only do what the drivers support.
The VU's output RGB while at the same time outputting HDMI.
Only thing is: the VU's have the component connectors hard-wired to the scart-RGB pins. That means that Component & Scrat-RGB don't go together, as setting one is setting the other. No idea if that's the case with TM as well.

Sicilian
03-10-12, 13:51
No, it's driver related: the plugin 'video mode' can only do what the drivers support.
The VU's output RGB while at the same time outputting HDMI.
Only thing is: the VU's have the component connectors hard-wired to the scart-RGB pins. That means that Component & Scrat-RGB don't go together, as setting one is setting the other. No idea if that's the case with TM as well.

I setup a VU+ Uno the weekend using both scart and HMDI outputs, sure it switched itself to CVBS, will need to check though.

Rob van der Does
03-10-12, 13:55
I setup a VU+ Uno the weekend using both scart and HMDI outputs, sure it switched itself to CVBS, will need to check though.
Make sure to set Scart to RGB. If it's true what you say, VU+ has re-introduced a very old bug.

Sicilian
03-10-12, 13:58
Make sure to set Scart to RGB. If it's true what you say, VU+ has re-introduced a very old bug.

Yes will do, will be the weekend, not got it here.

abu baniaz
07-10-12, 01:11
I tried to follow this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20668-Fixed-dish-and-moterised-dish&highlight=motorised+diseqc+switch to setup a diseqc switch and motor on one input.

Issue is that when I press the green button to save, I get the prompt "really close without saving settings?" It seems I cannot save and then exit.

EDIT: Pressing OK twice quickly saves and closes.

Rob van der Does
07-10-12, 06:08
But this brings up the question why you don't use USALS.

abu baniaz
07-10-12, 14:12
I am using USALS, but trying to combine with other LNBs just as you have done in the other thread.

The point is that the "save" button is not saving. Please check to confirm if you have a TM Twin.

Rob van der Does
07-10-12, 14:19
When using USALS you can't save positions (as there's nothing to save, as USALS calculates positions itself).

abu baniaz
07-10-12, 14:35
If you change to simple configuration, and single LNB and then press "green" which is the save button, you still get the "really close without saving settings?" prompt. Even selecting not configured does the same. As posted before pressing OK twice saves and closes and in this scenario asks me if I want to delete the non configured sats.

I had asked what is the difference in positions in terms of diseqc switch, not motor positions. The listed diseqc commands are AA,AB,BA,BB, and Input 1 upto Input 16.
As it happens, I have got the switch/motor to wok to a degree. I just can't get the HD channels to work using the 28.2 fixed sat. HD channels using the same switch on the motor work.

Rob van der Does
07-10-12, 14:55
The green and red button will be implemented in the next build. For now use 'OK' to save the config.

Sicilian
08-10-12, 09:34
Also
When the VIX logo spins continuously and the box menus/OSD lock up (the channel [and therefore the cam] remained ok) are their any logs that can be recovered to find out what's gone wrong?

I know it has crash logs, but would such a lockup cause any data to be written to the logs?

I went downstairs for a swim after tuning to Sly007 at the start of a film, came back about 90mins later and asked the box to record the timeshift and chose the 1 and only event in the list.
About 20mins into the next film, the VIX logo started spinning and it stayed like that until a telnet>reboot command was issued..

Once rebooted, I checked the movie list and found 2 recordings. The 1st was the film I asked it to record and the 2nd was the 5 min adverts after the film..

I don't know if an event update is made (albeit with the same name as the preceding film) which caused the 2nd recording, but it seems this is the logical answer..

The box didn't start the VIX logo until 20 or so mins after the end of the 2nd recording (the ads) so I doubt that caused it..

Anyways, these are not complaints as this image has done wonders for this box thus far :) Just thought some feedback would be welcome..

Enable logs, Menu > Setup > system > logs.

Larry-G
08-10-12, 10:15
Also
When the VIX logo spins continuously and the box menus/OSD lock up (the channel [and therefore the cam] remained ok) are their any logs that can be recovered to find out what's gone wrong?

I know it has crash logs, but would such a lockup cause any data to be written to the logs?

I went downstairs for a swim after tuning to Sly007 at the start of a film, came back about 90mins later and asked the box to record the timeshift and chose the 1 and only event in the list.
About 20mins into the next film, the VIX logo started spinning and it stayed like that until a telnet>reboot command was issued..

Once rebooted, I checked the movie list and found 2 recordings. The 1st was the film I asked it to record and the 2nd was the 5 min adverts after the film..

I don't know if an event update is made (albeit with the same name as the preceding film) which caused the 2nd recording, but it seems this is the logical answer..

The box didn't start the VIX logo until 20 or so mins after the end of the 2nd recording (the ads) so I doubt that caused it..

Anyways, these are not complaints as this image has done wonders for this box thus far :) Just thought some feedback would be welcome..

in situations such as that, debug logs would be the best bet of finding the problem.

trottski69
11-10-12, 19:59
Guy`s,

Im having issues connecting with DBoxedit? has the username/password changed on this image?

judge
11-10-12, 20:01
No, username is root, password is left blank (unless you changed it)

trottski69
11-10-12, 20:51
Also just a quick one, does anyone know of a good small HD Linux box (Reliable) for a second room that also has good support?

Sicilian
11-10-12, 20:52
Also just a quick one, does anyone know of a good small HD Linux box (Reliable) for a second room that also has good support?

Gigablue HD800SE ;)

trottski69
19-10-12, 20:01
Guy`s,

Ive just updated my Tm-Twin HD with the latest loader and image but under Var\etc there is no CCcam.cfg file? Is this normal

Larry-G
19-10-12, 20:03
yes thats perfectly normal. we dont provide any cams or config files, those are for the user to source them selves.

trottski69
19-10-12, 20:12
Hi Phoenix,

Thats cool ive created my own but is there any others that are missing that go with that one? Only ive named the file CCcam.cfg copied over to the box but it doesnt seem to be picking it up?

abu baniaz
19-10-12, 20:17
On E2 boxes, the CCcam.cfg lives in /etc not /var/etc.

trottski69
19-10-12, 20:27
Sorry your right ! still no joy?

trottski69
19-10-12, 20:34
Ive just tried CCcam.cfg on my other box and it works fine?

abu baniaz
19-10-12, 20:38
Have you started the softcam?

trottski69
19-10-12, 21:00
Please tell me its not that LOL ! do you have to set it to auto start on this image then ? Ok ill give it a try and let you know.

trottski69
19-10-12, 21:02
Do you have to set that up to auto? i didnt on the image before? OK cool ill give it a try and let you know.

Thanks

Stanman
20-10-12, 13:56
Yes one you have installed the ccam and CFG file it should run but if not go into softcam manager and start it from there and can also set it to autostart

abu baniaz
27-10-12, 18:42
A few questions.....

A. Whilst playing back a media file, should pressing the "exit" button do anything or does it depend on the user pressing "stop" first?

B. If a recording has started with no event info found, is the prompt meant to stay on the screen until acknowledged by the user?

C. If a usb wi-fi adapter is unplugged, the receiver crashes when we go to the network settings. Is this also by design? I would have thought the receiver would have continued without the adapter.

D. This may be an attribute of E2, If fixed Tuner A is occupied, a scheduled recording is commenced by using a motor on Tuner B which moves to the same sat as Tuner A, Tuner A subsequently becomes free, why can't Tuner B not be released by switching the recording to the now free Tuner A.

E. Can a link to this thread be posted in the TWIN section.

I shall send the debug logs manually (with the exception of D), I cannot send using the receiver as it says "[errno 7] no address associated with hostname". I have set my details. I am on build 386.

Many thanks.

scruff1963
02-11-12, 16:45
Got my new box a couple of days ago.
It came with build 393 and it's very stable and the missus loves it (she has to or it's back to the dm800se).
I updated it online last night to 394.
I tried the pli hd skin but certain functions don't work (though doesn't crash the box) so gone back to the vix default skin.
So far looking good, my old twin (I killed the e2 in it ages ago) was never this stable so hats off to the vix boys for their hard work.

Larry-G
02-11-12, 16:53
The Pli skin will work as it's based on the magic skins but it's not setup for the ViX image so certain functions wont work. if the default ViX night HD skin is a little too dark try the ViX Day HD skin.

Rob van der Does
02-11-12, 18:20
Or Magic-HD or Magic-HD light

Larry-G
02-11-12, 18:23
Or Magic-HD or Magic-HD light

indeed as those like the ViX HD skins are specifically tailored to the ViX image.

scruff1963
02-11-12, 18:52
Just put on the magic hd skin and it's an improvement on the pli-hd skin and everything works.
This box is knocking spots off my dm800se clone now.
I have added a 64mb swap file as it crashed the other day and I received a crash log report saying low memory and it runs fine now, trying my hardest to make it fall over without success.

stav81244
04-11-12, 21:23
I have installed vixbmc slim skin from the green button plugins, it installed ok and works fine but the EPG in the channel list does not show any description of the program and the now and next shows the same program. Is there a setting which needs selecting for this to work?

judge
04-11-12, 22:30
That skin hasn't been updated in a while, the author is working on a new version though.

Sicilian
07-11-12, 06:18
New bootloader here compatible with all team images http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22876-New-TM-Twin-OE-bootloader-06-11-12-compatible-with-all-Team-images&p=170256#post170256

abu baniaz
07-11-12, 08:22
Flash 06/11/12 bootloader twice or once?

TK4|2|1
07-11-12, 08:30
New bootloader here compatible with all team images http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22876-New-TM-Twin-OE-bootloader-06-11-12-compatible-with-all-Team-images&p=170256#post170256

Do you have to re flash an image after, or can I just do the bootloader?

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Larry-G
07-11-12, 08:37
Do you have to re flash an image after, or can I just do the bootloader?

just the bootloader but it is needed for the new file structure in newer images.

Sicilian
07-11-12, 08:43
Flash 06/11/12 bootloader twice or once?

I flashed once :)

TK4|2|1
07-11-12, 09:02
I flashed once :)

Did you get arrested??

Rodeo
07-11-12, 14:00
Does the image come with Blindscan enabled? cant seem to find it mentioned anywhere in the menus?

Sicilian
07-11-12, 14:57
Twin is not blindscan capable.

TK4|2|1
07-11-12, 15:51
FYI. 1channel plugin causing vix to crash on my box, I'm not that bothered as I have it on my xbmc. Let me know if you want the logs.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

scruff1963
15-11-12, 23:22
FilmBOX HD nothing showing
FILMBOX HD clear picture
FashionBOX HD clear picture
DocuBoxHD clear picture
Erox HD nothing showing
Eroxx HD nothing showing
Eroxxx HD clear picture (added to favourites :) )
tmtwin using vix version 413

snr 88%
AGC 89%
Ber 0

scruff1963
16-11-12, 15:17
I just put on 420 and in the wizard it gave me the option to set interface settings during bootup.
The last image I flashed from usb was 405 and I don't remember it in that.
I normally update from the box so don't see this, I only flashed 420 because I updated to 416 from the box online and it green screened and wouldn't boot so put on the latest.
420 seems to be fine.

Larry-G
16-11-12, 15:22
I just put on 420 and in the wizard it gave me the option to set interface settings during bootup.
The last image I flashed from usb was 405 and I don't remember it in that.
I normally update from the box so don't see this, I only flashed 420 because I updated to 416 from the box online and it green screened and wouldn't boot so put on the latest.
420 seems to be fine.

although i cant remember which build that was introduced into, it is part of our continued drive to allow more user setup options directly from the FIW ( first install wizard ) basically allowing the user more control over the way they set their unit up during the initial setup phase.

p.s there is a lot more to come in this area.

abu baniaz
20-11-12, 08:41
A couple more queries......

In the log settings there is one entry "Limit debug log size (MB)" and another "Maximum space used (MB)". What is the difference?

Whilst perform online upgrades, on a few occasions it has prompted me that it was in the process of performing a softcam check and asked me if I wanted to continue. What is the softcam check? Is it it be possible that if I tell the receiver to perform an update, it stops any processes which get in the way?

Rob van der Does
20-11-12, 10:42
In the log settings there is one entry "Limit debug log size (MB)" and another "Maximum space used (MB)". What is the difference?
"Limit debug log size (MB)" = maximum size an individual log may have
"Maximum space used (MB)" = maximum total space of all log together

abu baniaz
23-11-12, 17:07
Has anybody else experienced this lately? I know we had a similar issue in the very beginning, the rogue code couldn't be seen in Linux but could be in windows.

Build 433 using Vhannibals list (22 Nov)

Other channels seem OK although some scroll others don't (when they are long enough to scroll).

jdoe
05-12-12, 11:03
Hi there,

I got my first Linux box yesterday from the sponsor, a Technomate Tm-Twin-OE and I am pleased to say so far so good. The vix image is perfect so thank you very much.

I love the imdb search feature in the epg but when I press it it states "no plug-in installed". I installed the imdb-src plug-in from the download list but now when I press the imdb search button (red) it comes up with an error and says box will restart.

Am I downloading the wrong plug-in or is there no support for this at the moment?

Cheers guys

judge
05-12-12, 11:10
What build number have you on the box? the IMDB plugin has had some changes as recently as last night.

scruff1963
05-12-12, 11:11
Hasn't work for a week or so.
imdb have changed their site, need to wait for the plugin author to update the plugin.

marty
05-12-12, 11:13
Hi there,

I got my first Linux box yesterday from the sponsor, a Technomate Tm-Twin-OE and I am pleased to say so far so good. The vix image is perfect so thank you very much.

I love the imdb search feature in the epg but when I press it it states "no plug-in installed". I installed the imdb-src plug-in from the download list but now when I press the imdb search button (red) it comes up with an error and says box will restart.

Am I downloading the wrong plug-in or is there no support for this at the moment?

Cheers guys

Make sure you update to the lastest build (software update)

Larry-G
05-12-12, 11:18
as suggested try build 482 as there was a fix introduced by andy for this in the latest build, just updating my twin now to test.

Larry-G
05-12-12, 11:47
Confirmed IMDB is fixed in build 482 thanks to andy and his magic fingers again.

jdoe
05-12-12, 13:07
Cheers guys, my current build is 478 so that explains it. Do I still need to install the plug-in as I have? It offered me a choice imdb-src and imdb-po?

Also a noob question but can I update the software build direct from the box?

Thanks for the help everyone :thumbsup:

judge
05-12-12, 13:08
No need to install any plugin, just update the image.

Larry-G
05-12-12, 13:12
It offered me a choice imdb-src and imdb-po?

Those files are only needed for people to help us with translations and the source code for people who want to modify the plugin for their own needs.

Also a noob question but can I update the software build direct from the box?

Thanks for the help everyone :thumbsup:

Menu> setup> system> software update YES.

then

menu >setup> software update>

Wizard55
06-12-12, 20:44
Hi

Funny question, got a twin oe yesterday. Plugged it in to first tv and reciever started up with purple and the screen was half and half. Once booted powered off tv and perfect.

Changed to second tv and no issues, but my xtrend and Vu work fine on the other tv.Any ideas, the tv that is dosent work on is 8 years old 32 Philips LCD. Somebody mentioned HDcb. Is anything in image to turn this off ?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 21:41
The Twin does that. Not nice, but not a biggie either.

Wizard55
06-12-12, 21:47
Not when I have to power off tv every time I boot box.is it a technomate fault or image feature ...

The Twin does that. Not nice, but not a biggie either.

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 21:48
Not when I have to power off tv every time I boot box.is it a technomate fault or image feature ...
Drivers .

Wizard55
06-12-12, 21:50
Thanks rob will it fixed or will I have to get a new tv .:p

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 21:51
I have no idea if TM can/will fix this.

jdoe
06-12-12, 22:23
Hi guys,

I got imdb working by updating my build last night as suggested. Everything was working this evening then all of a sudden it says querying imdb in the plugin window but just doesn't do anything, the vix logo comes up and spins and the box and remote doesn't respond. I have to switch the power on and off at the back.

Any suggestions? I have also updated to the latest build 490 and still experience the same issue.

Thanks guys

Rob van der Does
07-12-12, 05:37
Thanks for reporting: I confirm the issue and we're looking into it.

val_com
07-12-12, 09:52
Hi there,
I'm using an IPTV plugin and it is failing with this message:

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 499, in doTimerHide AttributeError: 'nKTVPlayer' object has no attribute 'pvrStateDialog'

I've managed to decompile InfoBarGenerics.pyo file and find that there is no declaration for pvrStateDialog attribute in InfoBarShowHide class.
I'm not sure how it should be declared (just started Enigma programming), but I've fixed it by removing this attribute from InfoBarShowHide class...

jdoe
07-12-12, 11:02

Thanks for the update. Hope it goes well. Cheers.

Rob van der Does
07-12-12, 13:42
Hi there,
I'm using an IPTV plugin and it is failing with this message:

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 499, in doTimerHide AttributeError: 'nKTVPlayer' object has no attribute 'pvrStateDialog'

I've managed to decompile InfoBarGenerics.pyo file and find that there is no declaration for pvrStateDialog attribute in InfoBarShowHide class.
I'm not sure how it should be declared (just started Enigma programming), but I've fixed it by removing this attribute from InfoBarShowHide class...
Could you post the plugin please?
And there's no need to decompile a file: just download it from our GIT.

val_com
07-12-12, 13:58
This is a link (http://www.pristavka.de/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10781.0;attach=805 6) for a plugin.

I think it will give you only couple channels (on russian language) to watch for free as it is a paid service....

jdoe
07-12-12, 16:07

Hi,

Any update on this issue? Thanks

jdoe
07-12-12, 23:23
Hi,

Please can you look into the log file I sent. For some reason my box is restarting when I press Menu > Plugins.

My ref number is:1354918264.73

Sorry if I have put this request in the wrong section. Cheers

judge
07-12-12, 23:28
Hi,

Please can you look into the log file I sent. For some reason my box is restarting when I press Menu > Plugins.

My ref number is:1354918264.73

Sorry if I have put this request in the wrong section. Cheers

No issue here using Menu -> Plugins on the Twin, build 502, however I've never had any issues with this screen.
Maybe try a fresh flash without restoring any plugins?
Latest downloadable build on
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/
Then online update to latest build.

jdoe
07-12-12, 23:48
No issue here using Menu -> Plugins on the Twin, build 502, however I've never had any issues with this screen.
Maybe try a fresh flash without restoring any plugins?
Latest downloadable build on
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/
Then online update to latest build.

Thanks for the update. I was thinking that too. Any advice on the fresh flash as I've never done it before. I guess the guide at the beginning of the thread is all I need right? I wont have to flash the bootloader or anything?

Cheers

judge
08-12-12, 00:21
No need to flash a bootloader if you are on a recent image & no harm in learning how to flash a fresh build as it will be required every now & again if you want to use the latest features, updates, bug-fixes...
It's a pretty simple procedure & same as flashing the bootloader if you need to.

jdoe
08-12-12, 00:30
No need to flash a bootloader if you are on a recent image & no harm in learning how to flash a fresh build as it will be required every now & again if you want to use the latest features, updates, bug-fixes...
It's a pretty simple procedure & same as flashing the bootloader if you need to.

Im new to the game so I guess every little expeirence will help along the way. :thumbsup:

Will I loose any files ftp'd to the current structure such as cams or config files once I re-flash?

judge
08-12-12, 00:33
Yes, a reflash will lose everything on the box, not hdd or usb devices attached, make a backup of any required files before you reflash.

jdoe
11-12-12, 22:55
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me out. All my GUI has disappeared, when I press menu its just black screen. No text etc. I can only see what i'm doing via the display unit on the box?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

judge
11-12-12, 22:57
Have you the correct HDMI input selected on your TV?

jdoe
11-12-12, 23:01
Yeah I can see the video image. I was trying to run air player but then it did not quite work and exited. All of a sudden its not showing me epg, menus etc. I've tried restoring back up. Not sure if this is linked. I'm trying to run remove plugins but becuase I can't see whats on the screen I am not sure if I have selected the right section and plug in...

Im stuck!

judge
11-12-12, 23:06
ah, I'd guess a reflash is required so.
Do it without restoring plugins & you should be fine.

jdoe
11-12-12, 23:33
ah, I'd guess a reflash is required so.
Do it without restoring plugins & you should be fine.

Cheers, worked a treat.

judge
11-12-12, 23:37
Probably a memory hog/leak in one of the plugins you installed so.
If you want to re-install them one by one & let us know when it happens again, it would be handy so it can be removed or updated if an update is available.

jdoe
18-12-12, 14:51
Hey guys,

When I first set up picons I did it through TS Panel, When i re flashed the image I still had picons installed so I didn't bother installing ts panel again. Now I have installed picons from the plugins feed and they work okay, but will the new set overwrite the old set of picons installed from ts panel or do I have to install TS Panel to remove the old picons plugin?

The reason I ask this is because when i navigate the menus, the picture preview window skips very fast as I enter a new menu and then appears as normal. It's distracting if you know what I mean. Just wondering if this is why?

Cheers.

Rick

jdoe
18-12-12, 23:43
Sorted the above issue. However my HDD after rebooting this evening for some reason does not mount and when I try mount it says mount failed? Any help?

Thanks

Log Ref: 1355871106.53

jdoe
19-12-12, 00:15
Sorted above also... re-flashed! Thanks

abasimi
24-01-13, 11:30
Can you please elaborate a bit more on the 'crashlogs' please?

What I've got in my folder /home/root/logs is this:

/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358665778.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358691305.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358700780.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358798837.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358804110.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358804213.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358804390.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358892329.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358892610.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943149.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943250.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943335.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943421.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943522.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943640.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943748.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358946364.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358959158.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358964887.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358965006.log

Many thanks.

Mike

Sicilian
24-01-13, 14:15
Can you please elaborate a bit more on the 'crashlogs' please?

What I've got in my folder /home/root/logs is this:

/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358665778.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358691305.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358700780.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358798837.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358804110.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358804213.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358804390.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358892329.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358892610.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943149.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943250.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943335.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943421.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943522.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943640.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358943748.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358946364.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358959158.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358964887.log
/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_1358965006.log

Many thanks.

Mike

You need to download the crashlogs from your receiver to pc, then post them here as attachments.

iZaza
24-01-13, 15:08
Thanks vix tem BUT Do you think it is time to move on 32 bit HI coulor now and may be you should have more skins avalible or open a tread for those whose are graphic designers would may be help you, the current skins are poor very poor, this is one thing that I dont like about vix other than that it is very stable.

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 15:12
......, the current skins are poor very poor, ....
Skins are supposed to be 'poor'; they are there to provide info, not to attract attention by cosmetic gimmicks.

Larry-G
24-01-13, 16:55
Thanks vix tem BUT Do you think it is time to move on 32 bit HI coulor now and may be you should have more skins avalible or open a tread for those whose are graphic designers would may be help you, the current skins are poor very poor, this is one thing that I dont like about vix other than that it is very stable.

I totally disagree with you there.

ViX have until only very recently been the only team to provide skins that dont Hide OVERSCAN, this is why we have the OSD positioning app in the image.

also and i'm not just saying this because of my affiliation with ViX. I prefer the ViX skins as they provide all the information i need without dazzling they eye with unneeded overdone graphics and gimmicks. a lot of skins out there look nice but once you go deeper you find they tend to actually cause problems with their poor coding and implementation, HD Glass 16 is a perfect example of this.

our goal is to provide a image that is easy to use for any one but also provides as complete a package as possible without affecting stability or taxing the box too muh.

Tkr001
24-01-13, 17:35

The way to get a skin you like is to write your own. A little research and you will find its not that hard. Personally I like the Magic HD Night skin. It is easy on the eye and provides everything I need or want.

iZaza
28-01-13, 01:06
I have no doubt that the vix image is the most stable image I have used so far, i definitely prefer vix image . I am not expecting dazzling skins but maybe using 32 bit colours and a few extras would be nice. Also I dont know any good skins for vix, can you recommend some along with links. Many thanks

iZaza
28-01-13, 01:09
I am not a developer, can you suggest a few stable approved skins for vix. If it is not so hard than how is it made, Although I am not a developer I am not bad at graphics.

judge
28-01-13, 01:13
VIX fully compatible skins are under Menu -> Plugins -> green button -> VIX

dryrainbow
10-02-13, 02:34
I have an official Viaccess card but it does not open in my 'new' tm-twin-oe. I have tried it in the card reader, as well as in the two CI slots.

What is the problem here and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

dryrainbow,

Rob van der Does
10-02-13, 07:09
I have an official Viaccess card but it does not open in my 'new' tm-twin-oe. I have tried it in the card reader, as well as in the two CI slots.
What is the problem here and how can I fix it?

Please make your own thread if you have a problem; this thread is certainly not suitable nor meant for that.

dryrainbow
10-02-13, 21:16
Please make your own thread if you have a problem; this thread is certainly not suitable nor meant for that.

How do I proceed to make my own thread?
Hope its not too stupid a question.
Thanks,
dryrainbow.

Stanman
10-02-13, 21:35
It is actually:D:D

Go to the right forum / sub forum and right at the very top is a new thread button;)

abu baniaz
08-03-13, 01:41
With regards to the announcement below, has anyone manged to get the TM-Twin to install ipks from USB. I tried it previously but with another ext filesytem drive and thought that there was a clash. I have tried it now on build 626 with a single USB fat 32 and it does not seem to work. If I select Extra Ipks, I get a Change Location box saying to set an extra location in Backup Manager. In backup Manager, I press menu, and then the blue button says choose local ipks folder. I navigate to location and then press save and exit from the menus and go back to ipk installer still empty and have to press teh extra ipk button. The list is then populated. However, installing fails as it says "no such file or directory". And then a stalled crash after saying no to restarting gui, spinning vix, but TV still working in the background. Darn, debug logs not enabled!

IMO, the ipk installer should scan the root of a USB drive for any ipks just as it does the tmp directory. The "choose local ipk folder" should be in main "ipk installer" menu rather than in "backup manager" sub menu. Also, is it possible that when one selects this, one can install as part of the navigation process. Perhaps "install from other locations" would be a better description if this is adopted. I am not asking for dispensing of defining a folder to scan. Hope that makes sense.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25199-IPK-auto-install-from-USB-support-added

EDIT: plugging in USB with the ipks on root behaved as in post 2 of the thread I linked to. Still do not show in ipk installer menu.

andyblac
08-03-13, 21:18
With regards to the announcement below, has anyone manged to get the TM-Twin to install ipks from USB. I tried it previously but with another ext filesytem drive and thought that there was a clash. I have tried it now on build 626 with a single USB fat 32 and it does not seem to work. If I select Extra Ipks, I get a Change Location box saying to set an extra location in Backup Manager. In backup Manager, I press menu, and then the blue button says choose local ipks folder. I navigate to location and then press save and exit from the menus and go back to ipk installer still empty and have to press teh extra ipk button. The list is then populated. However, installing fails as it says "no such file or directory". And then a stalled crash after saying no to restarting gui, spinning vix, but TV still working in the background. Darn, debug logs not enabled!

IMO, the ipk installer should scan the root of a USB drive for any ipks just as it does the tmp directory. The "choose local ipk folder" should be in main "ipk installer" menu rather than in "backup manager" sub menu. Also, is it possible that when one selects this, one can install as part of the navigation process. Perhaps "install from other locations" would be a better description if this is adopted. I am not asking for dispensing of defining a folder to scan. Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: plugging in USB with the ipks on root behaved as in post 2 of the thread I linked to. Still do not show in ipk installer menu.

plugin the USB with no screen open just normal TV and you will be asked if you want to install the ipk's ;)

toploader
21-05-13, 08:10
Hi, I'd just like to clarify the part of the flash process that refers to NEW machines (those that haven't had an Enigma 2 image).

""3c) When powering on for first time after flashing with bootloader and image you MUST REPEATEDLY PRESS EXIT until the image boot logo appears after the initial splash screen""
""On NEW VIRGIN receivers that have never been flashed with an Enigma 2 image or required bootloader, you MUST repeatedly press menu for a few seconds after the Linux penguin splash screen appears, you will not see an image boot logo""

Question - Do I carry out BOTH of these steps ('exit' pressing until Pingu appears, then press 'menu') OR just the 2nd part ('menu' press after Pingu only)

Thanks in advance

TL

abu baniaz
27-05-13, 22:36
Follow this post

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27575-How-to-USB-flash-upgrade-Technomate-TM-Twin-OE

russx
01-06-13, 09:17
Hi, im new to this site, just got a tm-twin-oe and have installed the bootloader and this software. Im using the box with a diseqc motor and it keeps failing to move the dish for no apparent reason. Sometimes can get it to work then it just stops again.
I noticed there are later versions of vix in the downloads section than this. Im trying to put a later version on but it wont let me upgrade the box.
Not sure if I have a dodgy box or its the software.

Larry-G
02-06-13, 14:25
Which exact image do you currently have on the receiver ?. To find out Menu > Information > About.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
02-06-13, 14:32
Please report problems in your own, separate thread.