PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Ultimo Vix 3.0 a few little mods

thecaretaker
28-09-12, 22:31
I've made a few modifications to my VIX image on my VU+ Ultimo and thought I'd share them with you. Nothing major, but if you try them, backup your files first just in case.

1. 1st up, is the info bar in Vix nightHD. I've modified the info bar to show a few more details on the first press of theOK button. Just replace the skin.xml into /usr/share/enigma2/ViX_Night_HD folder then reboot.

2. I've set crossepg to update every morning automatically. I've used the radio screen to show a message (see screenshot). Just replace the radio.mvi file.

3. I have a Fracarro penta dish. So I took a photo of my dish and replaced the dish.png image (again, see screenshot)

Thought some of you might like to play too. All the required files are in the zip below. Have fun.

Rob van der Does
29-09-12, 07:12
Thanks for sharing that.
Be advised that changing the system-file like you did is not the proper way to make your own modifications (the file will be overwritten on a system update and the file is not being backed up).
You'd better use the functionality that is there specifically for this purpose: add any screesn you want to the file skin_user.xml and ftp that file to etc/enigma2. Now these screens will take precedence over the ones in the skin, and this file is part of your settings backup.

thecaretaker
29-09-12, 21:35
Thanks for the tip Rob van de Does, I didn't know that. That will save me having to adjust it every time I update. I'm still learning :)

Rob van der Does
29-09-12, 21:40
I'm still learning :)
Aren't we all, every day again :p

GeorgeXL
11-05-13, 11:12
Hello.
I tryed this skin.xml on the latest VIX and it doesn't seem to be working. The receiver starts, but hangs on the bootlogo.
Is there something that can be done ?

Rob van der Does
11-05-13, 11:23
Is there something that can be done ?
Yes: normally the debuglog tells you exactly what's up.

thecaretaker
11-05-13, 12:13
The skin.xml file (which Rob van der Does correctly pointed out was the incorrect way to modify a skin) was made a long time ago and Vix has changed a lot since then. I doubt very much if it will work. You should still be able to use the radio background image.

GeorgeXL
11-05-13, 12:16
Thanks for the quick reply, i found this :

[FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD_Common/fonts/Roboto-Bold.ttf...FATAL: failed: Operation not permitted

in /usr/share/enigma2/ i have ViX-night-HD and ViX-Common, neither have the folder fonts in them. What is the solution ?