PDA

View Full Version : Help downloading plugins

lnee
28-09-12, 19:01
Hi, I am trying to download plugins on my vu+ duo and vu+ solo but keeping getting message "sorry feeds are down for maintenance". Could someone please confirm that feeds are down at moment, as I am not sure if this is a problem with my network or not. Thanks

Stanman
28-09-12, 19:33
Have you gone into software update menu and enanled unstable updates - you do not need to up date but need it set as such to access the feeds when the image updates are set to unstable

lnee
28-09-12, 19:44
Have you gone into software update menu and enanled unstable updates - you do not need to up date but need it set as such to access the feeds when the image updates are set to unstable

Hi Stanman, I have previously enabled unstable updates in the System>Online Update menu, is this what you are talking about? Also when I go into Menu>Setup>Software Update it gives me a message "a background update check is in progress, please wait a few minutes and try again".

CoolerMaster
28-09-12, 23:25

But does this not give the impression that installing plugins may cause stability issues? :confused:

Rob van der Does
29-09-12, 07:18
But does this not give the impression that installing plugins may cause stability issues? :confused:
Indeed I presume that impression will be there. And it is possible that this will come true (but chances are not that big, and that's why you have your backup ready at all times).

chewy78
24-10-12, 22:13
Hi there,

I'm getting the same message when I try to access feeds "sorry feeds are down for maintenance". On Vu Duo with Vix 3.0.

Any helped appreciated folks

Trial
24-10-12, 22:17
Hi,
try again. A new build was uploaded.

ciao

Larry-G
24-10-12, 23:10
The feeds were taken offline while updates were being uploaded, this is standard practice to prevent users trying to update their images while the updates are being uploaded. The feeds are now again online so try again.