PDA

View Full Version : DM 500 S doesn't switch on help!

MW35
27-09-12, 21:35
I got a dream box DM 500 S which has been working perfectly for over a year I switched it off at the mains for one week as I was on holidays, now it doesn't switch on I get the green power light and it switches the TV to the correct AV channel but the picture remains black anybody know how to fix this?

basilyoung
27-09-12, 21:51
its very likely a clone, and clones do this kind of thing, the only thing you could try, is to reflash the image, but I suspect you wont want to do this,

Stanman
28-09-12, 09:22
Do you get any menu showing on the screen?

MW35
28-09-12, 22:26
I don't mind re-flashing it if that's what I got to do, but my mate had the same problem with is a few months back and it wouldn't re-flash he had to replace the motherboard, no I don't get anything on the screen as soon as I switch it on, the telly changes to the correct AV channel and the green light is on the box but that's all, it doesn't respond to the remote-control.

leslcd
11-10-12, 22:41
can you see the box on dreamup?

basilyoung
11-10-12, 22:45
using dreamup on a clone unit will kill it

hence my comments earlier in the thread,

clones are not actually surported here, but having said this, it does sound like the unit is now an ex unit

wiz569
12-10-12, 01:32
Used dreamup many a time on a clone and never had a problem tbh,

But clones are not supported here so it's a mute point really

wullboy
12-10-12, 13:46
Used dreamup many a time on a clone and never had a problem tbh,

But clones are not supported here so it's a mute point really

Yea wiz569 m8, never had a clone killed with dream-up yet !!

Rob van der Does
12-10-12, 13:50
never had a clone killed with dream-up yet !!
But you did try?

basilyoung
12-10-12, 14:24
I have in the past, tried to flash a DB800 ( did,nt know it was a clone ) and it was trashed by the use of dreamup, and a "non compatible image" ( nemisis )

I dont know enough about clones ( nor want to ) other than my experiance above, and that of a good mate, who also had the same result

at the end od the day, if peeps want to use clones, thats there chioce, as it is ours to choose not to surport them

wullboy
12-10-12, 15:09
But you did try?

The cable scene was awash with clones, and dream-up has been on the go for years, so, if there is a big difference between a cable box hardware and a sat box hardware,[ tuner of course ] then maybe that's the difference, but most clones were trashed with the wrong image being installed...

Larry-G
12-10-12, 15:15
regardless of weather it works or not, we do not support clones here. so thread closed. and more topics like this will be removed and the responsible persons dealt with as in accordance with our rules.