PDA

View Full Version : bbc 1 hd and bbc hd

mintosh72
27-09-12, 16:48
hi there im running on VTI 4.1 with cateyes channel listing since last night i cant get bbc1 hd or bbc hd im getting no signal
checked the signal on another box and channels are there. I have checked the transponder info on flysat and its right

Larry-G
27-09-12, 16:52
There is supposed to be a reshuffle today for the BBC HD transponders although i dont have the details to hand.

hedleyg
27-09-12, 17:53
Transponder has changed to 8PSK and FEC 2/3.

If you have any timers set up for BBC HD and BBC1 HD, remember to redo them.

garyblas
27-09-12, 19:21
Does this also change the ITV HD ?
As when i go into Dreambox edit it lists BBC HD,BBC1 HD and ITV HD on this transponder

garyblas
27-09-12, 19:43
Done thanks,

Why would i have to redo timers as timers work of titles,etc not transponder info.. I think?

Stanman
27-09-12, 19:44
You wont have to change any timers or AT they should be changed over - its the frequency thats changing not channel name.

catseye
27-09-12, 19:45
hi there im running on VTI 4.1 with cateyes channel listing since last night i cant get bbc1 hd or bbc hd im getting no signal
checked the signal on another box and channels are there. I have checked the transponder info on flysat and its right

Updated file with amendments will be out tomorrow in the meantime do a manual scan on you box

Get the BBC HD channel on & rescan that transponder it broadcasts on but change to FEC 2/3 & QPSK to MPSK

Also tick the option box 'clear before scan' -then ok to scan transponder

When you select BBc1 HD or BBC HD it should come on as normal

JohnCC27
27-09-12, 20:19
This is my first post here, as my brother usually deals with all my VU+ Duo issues, but he's off on holiday just now. I'd just like to say thanks to all who put info up to sort the BBC HD problem.

John

Red-Devil
27-09-12, 21:00
Got the BBC HD channel on & rescaned the transponder it broadcasts on but change to FEC 2/3 & QPSK to 8PSK this was the only way it would find the channel. Didn't have the option to set to MSPK?

Also ticked the option box 'clear before scan' -then ok to scan transponder

When you select BBc1 HD or BBC HD it all now comes on as normal :confused:

hedleyg
27-09-12, 21:05
Strictly speaking, in this case, the changes are only reflected in the satellites.xml file - the transponder is still DVB-S2.
However, when channels move, usually some of the fields embedded in the channel service reference change.
The change does not get updated in the timers list.
For instance, if the SID changes, you get the normal error message "SID not found" and nothing is recorded.

StuBFrost
28-09-12, 07:23
I have an Ultimo and I was still able to get the 2 BBC HD channels without changing anything on my box. I noticed others talking of the changes to the transponder so I amended by bouquets and uploaded them and everything was fine.

I am confused as to why I was still able to get the channels without having to make any adjustments.

marty
28-09-12, 07:36
I can't suss out how to change QPSK to MPSK with DBE :confused:

Rob van der Does
28-09-12, 08:00
I have an Ultimo and I was still able to get the 2 BBC HD channels without changing anything on my box. I noticed others talking of the changes to the transponder so I amended by bouquets and uploaded them and everything was fine.
I am confused as to why I was still able to get the channels without having to make any adjustments.
Enigma2 uses 'backgroundscanning': when tuned to a service the transponder is being scanned. So unless you disabled backgroundscanning (not recommended) the box will always find a service with changed parameters (obviously as long as the frequency hasn't changed).

garryboy
28-09-12, 10:00
I'm a bit confused with this thread. I'm using the mr.mister bouquet.

I can't view bbc 1 hd or bbc hd. Just get black screen.

What do I have to edit in my bouquet to get then to work. I use dbedit for my channels.

Thanks in advance

sonc
28-09-12, 12:38
In dbedit, locate BBC One HD in the service list (left hand panel). Right-click on the entry and choose "Edit Transponder Data".

Then change FEC to 2/3, and change Modulation to 8PSK. Save and send to receiver. This will sort out both BBC channels.

mintosh72
28-09-12, 15:04
DONE!!!!!
JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THERE HELP:eek::eek::eek:

thecaretaker
28-09-12, 16:26
You may also want to replace the transponder details in the satellite.xml file, that way, when you do the next full scan of 28.2E it will look for the channels and find them. Just open satellite.xml in a text editor and overwrite or add the transponder 10847 line with:

<transponder frequency="10847000" symbol_rate="23000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="2" system="1" modulation="2"/>

By removing the BBC1 HD and BBC HD in favourites, rescanning and putting them back, ensures that the correct details show up on the second infobar. If the background scan still lets you watch the channel, you'll notice that the 2/3 and 8QPSK still shows the old info. For the perfectionists among you who worry about these little things hehehehe ;)

Larry-G
28-09-12, 17:31
You may also want to replace the transponder details in the satellite.xml file, that way, when you do the next full scan of 28.2E it will look for the channels and find them. Just open satellite.xml in a text editor and overwrite or add the transponder 10847 line with:

<transponder frequency="10847000" symbol_rate="23000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="2" system="1" modulation="2"/>

By removing the BBC1 HD and BBC HD in favourites, rescanning and putting them back, ensures that the correct details show up on the second infobar. If the background scan still lets you watch the channel, you'll notice that the 2/3 and 8QPSK still shows the old info. For the perfectionists among you who worry about these little things hehehehe ;)

If your using the ViX image there is no need to do that as when you update it will also update with the very latest satellites.xml file generated specifically for the ViX image.

Foxylady
28-09-12, 17:46
I am running latest vix.
Noticed this thread just now.
BBC HD not showing like everyone else.
I did a manual rescan on 28.2 only, then chose the same non working channel in my favorites and working again.
No need to remove then add from newly scanned channels

garryboy
28-09-12, 18:32
In dbedit, locate BBC One HD in the service list (left hand panel). Right-click on the entry and choose "Edit Transponder Data".

Then change FEC to 2/3, and change Modulation to 8PSK. Save and send to receiver. This will sort out both BBC channels.

Thanks mate

thecaretaker
28-09-12, 19:47
If your using the ViX image there is no need to do that as when you update it will also update with the very latest satellites.xml file generated specifically for the ViX image.

You are right, I forgot I use a modified satellite.xml and replace it when I update.