PDA

View Full Version : mgcamd problem

Bronto
27-09-12, 15:47
following on from my problem udating to vix 3 image yesterday (all sorted now thanks guys :)) I now have a slight problem with mgcamd, I put on 135a to begin with as thats what I have always used, it installed fine and clears fine, problem is it keeps not clearing on some channels or no sound on another which I had previously viewed and was ok, so I stuck on 138, again installed fine but has the same problem, when this happens a simple restart of mgcamd brings the picture and or sound back straight away, just a bit annoying if I'm channel hopping, anyone had anything similar or know of a way round it ? thanks again in advance

Mr. Mister
27-09-12, 16:05
Hi..
I use MGcamd 1.35a all the time on all my boxes..

1.38.. Worked fine for me for 24 hours.. then i had exactly the same problem as you..

So i dumped 1.38 and went back to 1.35a.. And all has been fine ever since..

Just one thing i would say.. After i ditched 1.38.. i did do a full reflash of the latest image at that time..

All my boxes are on Build 323.. and all or working fine..

I would do another reflash.. and it should be fine..

Bronto
27-09-12, 16:22
Thanks mister, I will give that a go later but I'm hoping I may have sorted it, on searching around I found a similar problem, what I've done is edit the mg_cfg as follows

Changed -

b to 06
g to 33
k to07

So far so good with no loss, I'll let you know later if all is well, may help someone with the same :)

Thanks mate

garryboy
27-09-12, 17:10
Thanks mister, I will give that a go later but I'm hoping I may have sorted it, on searching around I found a similar problem, what I've done is edit the mg_cfg as follows

Changed -

b to 06
g to 33
k to07

So far so good with no loss, I'll let you know later if all is well, may help someone with the same :)

Thanks mate

Did the same changed box type to dreambox

Bronto
27-09-12, 23:12
OK quick update, been up and running 7 hours now with no drop of channel or sound :) so I think the above solution has worked :)

Thanks

delboy13
28-09-12, 14:19
i've had mgcamd 1.38 working no problems for ages

vrlika
28-09-12, 20:41
I cant clear channels either same mgcam 1.35 and its showing thats connected but not clearing the channels that it did before updating to latest vti image any ideas ?

ps. oh yeesss I followed the postes#3 and #4 and it did the trick now all channels clear super duper !!!!!lol