PDA

View Full Version : Help required with VU + DUO setup please

digicell
08-09-10, 15:02
Hi guys

i plugged in my vu+ duo after opening it up and I followed the wizard to set it up.

Can someone tell me whats the correct setting I need to select for the Tuner Configuration

(1) Do I need Tuner A and Tuner B? Do I need to apply settings to both?
I am using a S*Y dish that i had with them and I have plugged in the two LNB feeds into the box.

It is asking for the following information (for both Tuner A and/or Tuner B):

Configuration Mode:
Mode: (has 5 diff options)
Port A:
Port B:

Im not sure if I need to set the port as Astra/Hotbird etc? What frequency?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

bobonthejob
08-09-10, 15:13
Ok....

So for each tuner....

Just set simple, and set for the satellite 28.2 on both....

That should do you.

digicell
08-09-10, 15:19
ok thanks im trying that now ..ive selected automatic scan now and its scanning it.

Im trying this first before installing image so that i can see the quality of email.

digicell
08-09-10, 15:58
Ok Thanks this has now worked I am picking up all the channels. I am trying to do the image but facing difficulties

Ive put the VIX Image files on the duo folder in the USB but do i shut down the box and powr it off and then insert USB?

digicell
08-09-10, 16:12
when i try to flash the VIX Image

i formatted my USB and it only contains the vuplus folder and within that the duo and within that the EXTRACTED VIX zip files which there are three files.

I instered it into the front USB of the vu+duo and when I switched it on from the back it said "READING USB.." but then it simply displayed "STARTING..." and then loaded the existing image

How can i get it to Flash?

I would appreciate any help...Please can someone help me out?

Thank You

digicell
08-09-10, 17:28
hi

just to update ive managed to get it working. I had to use a different format USB For other peoples interest I used a Integral USB which did not work. I used a PNY one which worked.

I have the image set up now..would be great if someone can let me know what I need to do next.

I have installed the VIX Image

Thanks