PDA

View Full Version : Is using a CAM plug and play?

zerma
27-09-12, 04:26
Dear All,

Since I am not able to have OSCAM read my french BIS TV card and that help is quite difficult to find when too specific...I am planning to buy a viaccess module...

May I know...will it be plug and play, or I will again need to do an awful of programming before having it work?

I will probably be buying the viaccess SMIT secure dual.
http://www.2galli.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=VIAC_SMIT_SECURE&type=15&code_lg=lg_fr&num=61

Please let me know!

zerma
27-09-12, 06:15
Dear All,

Since I am not able to have OSCAM read my french BIS TV card and that help is quite difficult to find when too specific...I am planning to buy a viaccess module...

May I know...will it be plug and play, or I will again need to do an awful of programming before having it work?

I will probably be buying the viaccess SMIT secure dual.
http://www.2galli.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=VIAC_SMIT_SECURE&type=15&code_lg=lg_fr&num=61

Please let me know!

OMG!!! I just discovered that cccam 2.3.0 was reading my bis card out of the box on openpli 3.0!!! Im so happy!! No need that tricky oscam!!!

You may still answer question above as I am quit curious about it!

basilyoung
27-09-12, 22:11
oscam has no single author, and the configs vary according to the intended card, my advice is, unless you need to use it, stay away from it, I have read last night for example that itlia cards are being zapped, ( also those using CCcam are also being zapped ) in some cases, updates of the card are blocked, and updated in the correct unit once a month, in other cases updates are allowed,

this is a common risk of using third party softcams

zerma
30-09-12, 00:23
Hey thanks basil!

Back to the subject, is a Cam plug and play?

basilyoung
30-09-12, 00:31
in the main, no, softcams normally need to be configured, or as you have found with cccam, you need the cfg file, your card reads direct, without any modding, other cards need the cfg to be modded, oscam, is a very different situation, far more complex

Stanman
30-09-12, 00:32
I think he means a hardware cam baz, going by the very first post

basilyoung
30-09-12, 00:38
oh...opps..its late

but yes...hard ware cams are in the main plug and play, an exception is the Diablo cam and maybe a few others

Rob van der Does
30-09-12, 06:05
Be aware that using a CAM will limit your options very much: most of them can only descramble one service at a time, and recordings will still be scrambled.

zerma
01-10-12, 00:31
Hi thanks Guys,

Well cccam is working with my card so far.
if someday it is not, i will switch for an hardware dual viaccess (able to decrypt 2 channels at the same time) same as below.
http://www.2galli.fr/boutique/fiche_...g=lg_fr&num=61

Rob van der Does
01-10-12, 05:11
Not sure if that dual-descrambling is actually supported by your box (that's a prerequisite as well). But even if it does, you'll loose the descrambled recordings.

zerma
01-10-12, 07:51
Rob, i'm trying to understand the full meaning here.
You are telling me that a softcam is better?

If i use a hardware cam will it be encrypted so i can't view it on other source ?(i don't mind)
Or you mean I won't be able to record on my xtrend and watch later the programme on the xtrend?

Rob van der Does
01-10-12, 11:18
A softcam has much better functionality: it allows almost unlimited simultaneous descrambling, and all your recordings are descrambles as well. On top of that a softcam is for free!
Only a very limited number of channels seems to require a CAM (I think).