PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo + Ubuntu Samba Server

rossi2000
23-09-12, 22:16
evenin

i added a 2TB drive to my ubuntu server and installed samba on it, i want to have all my movies and stuff centralised and then connect to it with 2 tv boxes for streaming movies/music & recording. some timeshifting if need be.

ive removed the hdd from my ultimo and just use a usb stick in it for epg and picons.
i installed samba and nfs on my ultimo aswell. i have created a cifs connection to the server with the ultimo (network mounts) and im able to browse the server share and play things from it over the network, this is all ok. i ticked the option to have the server share as a /media/hdd replacement on the ultimo aswell.

ive created the movie and timeshift folder in the server share, so now in /media/hdd on my ultimo it shows the server share like a normal mounted hdd.

the only probs im having is i cant record to the server, or timeshift. when i press record and then select record, i get this message
" In order to record a timer, the tv was switched to the recording service" and nothing happens.
when i press timeshift nothing happens too.

im sure ive got all the permissions right in samba on the server and the mount permissions in settings on the ultimo.

does anyone else use a similar setup and can do this successfully??