PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] HDMI CEC is not working properly with my VU+ duo remote and Panasonic TH42-PY700FA

yesyesyo
22-09-12, 19:04
Great release guys it does almost everything i want.

However, HDMI CEC is not working properly with my VU+ duo remote and Panasonic TH42-PY700FA.

Turn off VU+ -----> TV goes off
Turn on VU+ -----> TV stays off

I read this is an issue within OpenPLi, VTi does not have this problem. Could you easily fix this or just use the VTi's implementation?

Im on the 3.0.204 build, will try to update when the feeds are back. Thanks!

Larry-G
22-09-12, 19:05
The feeds are up now and the latest image is 3.0-312

chaser
23-09-12, 12:22
I've got a different model of Panasonic TV (TX-P46G15B), and have never had this problem on any VU+ firmware version. I have seen problems when the VU+ box has decided to use a fixed CEC address, but that was easily fixed by clearing the fixed address from the HDMI CEC menu on the VU+ box. In the HDMI CEC settings I've got:

Enabled: yes
Put TV in standby: yes
Wakeup TV from standby: yes
Regard deep standby as standby: yes
Switch TV to correct input: yes
Use TV remote control: yes
Handle standby from TV: yes
Handle wakeup from TV: yes
Wakeup signal from TV: stream request
Forward volume keys: yes
Put your VU+ in standby: yes
Wakeup your VU+ from standby: yes

If you haven't done so, you'll also need to make sure that Viera Link is enabled on your TV (I assume you'll have an option for this on your TV).

To be honest, I never actually switch my VU+ box off in this way. I've set the TV 1/0 and VOL +/- buttons my VU+ remote control to directly control my TV. The TV 1/0 button switches off my TV, and this in turn switches off my VU+. The opposite switches everything back on again. I've actually recently put a Panasonic Bluray / 5.1 surround sound system in between the VU+ box, and the TV, and everything still works perfectly.

I have noticed that if I use the VU+ box to switch on the TV, the TV will switch on, but it won't automatically switch to the HDMI input. Instead it will start the TV up in DVB mode. I've not really looked into why this happens. I don't have this problem if I use the VU+ remote to switch on the TV, and allow the TV to switch on the VU+ box. You might need to enable hotel mode on your TV if you want it to automatically switch on to a HDMI channel - Google 'Panasonic hotel mode').