PDA

View Full Version : OpenWebIF how to

mikehunt43
22-09-12, 09:11
the time has come to use this and would like to know how i could watch stuff from pc to my box et5000 enigma.also can you say watch channel itv player from the pc please thank you??

copex
22-09-12, 09:28
from ET500
i use VLC on my pc, browse to the ip address of your et5000 then select a channel and hit the stream icon, done.
if you want to stream away from home, use a vpn or setup the correct port forwarding there are plenty on guide on here just hit the search.

from PC to ET5000

you can setup shared folders on your PC, install samba on the ET5000 and use the media player to stream files from the PC, AFAIK it would not be possible to stream BBC iplayer, 4od, ITV player or five on demand from your PC to the ET5000, though someone may correct me on this one,

mikehunt43
22-09-12, 09:42
thank you have done that and all ok.but is there a way to stream from the pc to the box?? thanks

Stanman
22-09-12, 11:25
You can follow this guide to watch stuff on a pc hd on your box but AFAIK not ITV player etc.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share

manikm
24-10-12, 14:43
is there a way to get to the current channels stream - rather than individual URLs for channels\ service refs so that it can be captured by VLC and re-encoded at a lower rate, for broadcasting over net?