PDA

View Full Version : Rytec - import xml tv - out of sync

bobonthejob
30-03-10, 09:09
Hi All,

Not sure how many of you affected but i for sure am 1 of them.

Going to try a couple of things tonight.

1. Do a software download. (hope this sorts it)

2. Delete epg.dat and do a fresh download.

The missus is screwing because of this. nag nag nag, 'it doesnt say the right program'. First a lose an hour of sleep....and then the box does this to me...agghhhhhh....

Will report back.

Sicilian
30-03-10, 09:31
I'm not having an issue, checked again this morning. Use latest sources file and do what you suggested too.

bobonthejob
30-03-10, 09:34
Yeah i will download the latest source files. Are you still updating copies held over here sic?

Sicilian
30-03-10, 09:45
Also have you set the timezone in system settings?

bobonthejob
30-03-10, 09:48
Yup...Timezone set...

dfdream
30-03-10, 10:53
Guys,

With the latest source files. Are these not downloaded with the software updates.

D

dfdream
30-03-10, 11:01
Update from the lads in Rytec...

The epg on our download site is only updated between 2 and 4 o'clock. So if you ran the import last night you will have still the old file.

Only imports from today 30-03-2010 after let say 4h30 will have the new set of epg.

However, on Pli were the epg is incremented - the old epg (the wrong one) remains in the box. The new one is simply added. So duplicate items could exists. You could live with it. or delete the old epg with the procedure explained higher in this thread.

For clarity: The epg importer does not have to be updated. Only a new epg import has to be performed.

Willy

So the file doesnt get over writen just updated. Probably explains why the entries are all over the place.

bobonthejob
30-03-10, 11:06
Good work fella....

I might then just remove the epg.dat and re run the update

:)

Jobs a goodun.

Sicilian
30-03-10, 11:51
That explains why mine is ok this morning lol

dfdream
30-03-10, 12:45
Mine would have updated this morning also but as described by Rytec the epg is not a complete download so mine would have had incorrect data from previous downloads but should be corrected if I delete the epg.dat and rescan.

dfdream
30-03-10, 18:10
Open a telnet session to your device and log in.
Then type in the following commands.

init 4
rm /hdd/epg.dat
init 3

The device reboots/resets itself.
Check the EPG and only the now and next should be visible.
Then go into plugins and run the Rytec EPGImport.
This should sort out the SKY hour out issue.

Note - Deleting the epg.dat from the HDD doesnt seem to work . It seems to just recreate a type of copy of the old problem one.