PDA

View Full Version : cam board

clobryn
20-09-12, 16:10
Just added a new hard drive to my VU+uno and was suspired to see the cam board was not lined up to the holes in the front case on further inspection I noticed that the retaining screw was loose very disappointed in the quality control on these boxes make me wonder if I should have gone for a clone

Larry-G
20-09-12, 16:17
I have a Duo, Uno and Ultimo and every one is built to a very high standard, of course some may get through that dont meat the high QC demands, but to come to the conclusion you should have bought a clone is just plain crazy.

Sicilian
20-09-12, 16:18
I'd say your case is an unfortunate one off, otherwise there would be posts like this all over the forum. Not seen any other reports like yours.

clobryn
20-09-12, 16:22
I have 2 DB clones and the quality of these are very good so the logic is why pay more for poor workmanship on an original

Sicilian
20-09-12, 16:24
Like stated, an unfortunate one off, look through any forum with VU+ sections and you'll see.

clobryn
20-09-12, 16:25
Maybe I was unlucky wanted to buy the duo next so hope I will get lucky

Larry-G
20-09-12, 16:26
I have 2 DB clones and the quality of these are very good so the logic is why pay more for poor workmanship on an original

If thats how you feel there is nothing we can do or say to change your mind, but i would very strongly suggest you do a little research into Vu clones to see just how poor they are in comparison to original hardware.

Sicilian
20-09-12, 16:26
Maybe I was unlucky wanted to buy the duo next so hope I will get lucky

Well whatever you do, steer well clear of Duo clones, otherwise you really will find poor workmanship and end up with a fire hazard ;)

clobryn
20-09-12, 16:32
got to say that in comparison with my dreambox 800 Original the VU+ is far superior in picture quality speed of channel change and sound

Larry-G
20-09-12, 16:38
got to say that in comparison with my dreambox 800 Original the VU+ is far superior in picture quality speed of channel change and sound

I have had a Uno since day one, in fact since before day one as i was a beta testers for several months prior to the unit going on sale. The Uno is in my opinion far superior to all DMM hardware, clone or original, and it will be even better once Vu release their new twin tuner cards essentially turning the Uno into a twin tuner box which in my opinion will far surpass the current Duo.