PDA

View Full Version : Need help selecting a GigaBlue Box.

wrenxz
20-09-12, 10:57
Hello to all,

Firstly i just need a box that is:

* Fast in changing channels
* Excellent picture quality
* Nice EPG with cool GUI that works
* Nice GUI (Nice User Interface)
* Up to date supporting new stuff
* CCAM support
* Support for say the next 3 years
* Thats all i need !!!

Now Ive seen a couple a boxes for sale but i don't know which one i need and i haven't a clue what the differences are, the boxes are:

1: GiGaBlue HD800 SE Digital Satellite Receiver Linux Enigma 2 1x DVB-S/S2 ( £150 )
2: GiGaBlue HD800 SE Digital Satellite Receiver Linux Enigma 2 Combo DVB-S/S2 + Hybrid DVB-C/T ( £170)
3: GiGaBlue HD800 UE Digital Satellite Receiver Linux Enigma 2 1x DVB-S/S2 ( £170)

Can some one help me choose, ive stated the needs i have above and do not need anything apart from whats listed.

Thank you

Mr. Mister
20-09-12, 11:11
3: GiGaBlue HD800 UE Digital Satellite Receiver Linux Enigma 2 1x DVB-S/S2 ( £170)

This is the on your want.. I got this one.. and i`m totally delighted with it..

1/ Yep.. Its pretty fast at changing channel ..
2/ Picture quality is superb ..
3/ I dont use Cool.. But it does work in Vix ..
4/ What nicer do you want than Vix ..
5/ Again.. Vix is fully supporting the Gigiblue range ..
6/ All versions of CCcam working great ..
7/ Again.. Vix Team will be here supporting this range ..

Hope this helps ..

Please also have a look at the Sponsors site if you have not already.. Absolute quality service and support ..

wrenxz
20-09-12, 14:48
This is the on your want.. I got this one.. and i`m totally delighted with it..

1/ Yep.. Its pretty fast at changing channel ..
2/ Picture quality is superb ..
3/ I dont use Cool.. But it does work in Vix ..
4/ What nicer do you want than Vix ..
5/ Again.. Vix is fully supporting the Gigiblue range ..
6/ All versions of CCcam working great ..
7/ Again.. Vix Team will be here supporting this range ..

Hope this helps ..

Please also have a look at the Sponsors site if you have not already.. Absolute quality service and support ..

What's the difference between the first one that costs £150 and the third one that's £170? The reason I ask is because I'm looking to purchase 2 boxes at one time and would spend £40 more on the third option.

Also are there any other boxes which offer better than this one for the price of around £150/170?

Sicilian
20-09-12, 14:49
HD800UE has an LCD display rather then the VFD numerical display.

wrenxz
20-09-12, 18:04
HD800UE has an LCD display rather then the VFD numerical display.

Is this the only big difference between the last 2 boxes? I see another site offering the second box at for £10 cheaper...

Larry-G
20-09-12, 18:15
Is this the only big difference between the last 2 boxes? I see another site offering the second box at for £10 cheaper...

from my understanding pretty much, there otherwise identical but for one has a LCD screen and the other a VFD screen.

khan888
29-09-12, 12:31
How good is this box compared to the vu solo? Is the epg just as good?

Larry-G
29-09-12, 12:36
How good is this box compared to the vu solo? Is the epg just as good?

slightly better and newer hardware, as for the image, if for example you use a ViX image on a solo the ViX image for the giga or any other box we support for that matter is identical, barring where small hardware differences may come into play. so the EPG will be just as good on this as any other E2 receiver we support.

khan888
29-09-12, 12:48
Thanks Pheonix gonna get mine ordered from wos now! Cheers

helmetface
03-10-12, 17:48
hi just read this post and i am lookin into buyin one of these recievers, whats the difrence in the hybrid tuner?

thanks

Larry-G
03-10-12, 18:05
hi just read this post and i am lookin into buyin one of these recievers, whats the difrence in the hybrid tuner?

thanks

The hybrid tuner is basically a combo DVB-T / DVB-C card for terrestrial tv and cable.

note though while you can have both the hybrid tuner and the DVB-S2 satellite tuners in the receiver at the same time, this does not make the box a twin tuner but a dual tuner, so you can only use one at a time and not for example record something from satellite while watching something on terrestrial at the same time.

helmetface
03-10-12, 18:43
thamks for that, just orderd myself one :thumbsup::D