PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo motor setup

jono069
20-09-12, 10:14
please can someone help. got a brand new vu+duo tuesday from here with the vix image installed + 500HD . i removed my spider 9000 from my dish and motor (stab) and installed the vu went thought the setup wizard and then installed catseye E2 settings file 75E 45W 14/09/2012 i set my long to 001.251 & lat 052.634 i put it on bbc 1 picture flashed up and dish carried on moving no channels . i have now set tuner A to advanced with 12 sats, on 1.2 not using Usals tuner B is set to not configured. if i reconnect my spider the dish returns back to 28.2 i then reconnect the vu and get a picture on bbc1 about 2mins later i lose picture, if i go outside & look at dish it has moved to the west and i can hear a slight pulseing noise. a few times i have moved it back with the postioner but it always go back west. ive also tried to install another catseye setting (catseye 8 sat 9/6/2012) but i get this error (datei nicht gefunden) on the dreambox edit .

stevesom
20-09-12, 10:21
No doubt somebody with more experience than me will come along shortly.i had something similar my motor tuner settings are tuner a positioner usals and tuner b second cable of motorised lnb tuner a.i have twin lnb if that helps you.tuner A is set as simple on my set up by the way.

Maxwell
20-09-12, 11:46
What is the exact model of Stab motor you have ?

Setup your tuner A settings as :-

Configuration simple
Mode Positioner
Longitude whatever your is
west or east depend on your location
Latitude whatever yours is
North
Do not adjust anything else

Now go to menu>setup>Service searching>positioner setup and highlight Goto 0 and then press the Red button (this will reset the dish motor to the zero position)

now exit all menu's and download some settings from the plugins feed

Long press the blue button and then press green to download plugins, once you have the plugins list scroll down to settings and press Ok, scroll through to mr.mister.multisat and press ok, this will ask if you want to download - select yes (not sure how up to date this bouquet is but it will get you started either way)
After a restart go to a channel of your choice and see what happens, please report back here

jono069
20-09-12, 19:53
sorry i didnt get back to you sooner i work nights so been asleep. the motor is a manhattan h to h dont know if its 100 or 120 all i can see is this number 70117208
i will try the above tomorrow as i have friday nights off thanks for your help.

jono069
21-09-12, 08:51
right,came home this morning unplugged the spider which was left on 28.2 & connected up the vu.bbc1 came on & i proceeded to input the info you gave me.once i had input my long & lat i exited to bbc1 which had disappeared, looked at motor it had moved west. then i had an idea,so i went into channel list & selected thor 1W--perfect picture. i then tried moving to another sat nothing,went back to 1W picture again.i then tried all sats (8 i have loaded) each time running outside
to watch dish, it moves about 3in left & then back again from 1W. i then left it on 1W & then tried to download the plugins, there where 4. crossepg,mediascanner,openwebif & pictureplayer each one came up with the following--- sorry feeds seem to be in an unstable state,if you wish to use them please enable "allow unstable updates" in online update setup . i didnt allow as it said something about untested.

Stanman
21-09-12, 09:31
Duo feeds are down at the moment, please bear with us.

Surrender_Monkey
21-09-12, 21:58
please can someone help. got a brand new vu+duo tuesday from here with the vix image installed + 500HD . i removed my spider 9000 from my dish and motor (stab) and installed the vu went thought the setup wizard and then installed catseye E2 settings file 75E 45W 14/09/2012 i set my long to 001.251 & lat 052.634 i put it on bbc 1 picture flashed up and dish carried on moving no channels . i have now set tuner A to advanced with 12 sats, on 1.2 not using Usals tuner B is set to not configured. if i reconnect my spider the dish returns back to 28.2 i then reconnect the vu and get a picture on bbc1 about 2mins later i lose picture, if i go outside & look at dish it has moved to the west and i can hear a slight pulseing noise. a few times i have moved it back with the postioner but it always go back west. ive also tried to install another catseye setting (catseye 8 sat 9/6/2012) but i get this error (datei nicht gefunden) on the dreambox edit .

You did set your longitude to West and not East, can't remember if it is a minus sign or a W in VIX. 1.251 would be East and would cause your dish to move West of the correct position. Not sure if you are saying that your box does not move the dish or whether it moves but not to the correct position.

Alec
21-09-12, 23:38
If you are west of Greenwich it is West in the Longitude

jono069
22-09-12, 00:01
i set the lat to 052.634 north and long 001.251 east i live in Norwich the dish was pointing at 28.2 when i connect vu it moves west to 0.8w if i select another sat it will move about 3in east and then back to 0.8 it does this on all sats.

TK4|2|1
22-09-12, 05:41
Did you do the "Goto 0" option suggested by Maxwell?

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

jono069
22-09-12, 14:26
yes i did everything maxwell asked me to do except download any settings as the duo feeds are still down.

Stanman
22-09-12, 18:08
DUO feeds are now back.

jono069
22-09-12, 22:23
if they are back online im still getting the unstable message

basilyoung
22-09-12, 22:27
if the image updates are unstable, and you want to download a plugin, you need to change your update setting to enable unstable updates, get the plugin or what ever, then re disable unstable updates
think its menu, setup,onlineupdate

Stanman
22-09-12, 22:27
Will do as image is set to unstable, but you will be fine with plugins

judge
22-09-12, 22:28
if they are back online im still getting the unstable message

Yes, the build hasn't been marked as stable yet but the feeds are back & working.

jono069
23-09-12, 04:07
im also a bit cofused you told me to go to plugins and download the settings what settings all there is to down load is 1,crossEPG downloader 2,mediascanner 3,openwebif and 4,pictureplayer.

Maxwell
23-09-12, 07:31
im also a bit cofused you told me to go to plugins and download the settings what settings all there is to down load is 1,crossEPG downloader 2,mediascanner 3,openwebif and 4,pictureplayer.

When you are in that screen, press the green button to download plugins then you will get a whole new list, scroll down to settings and download the mr.mister.multisat

jono069
23-09-12, 17:28
right done that still no movement. this is what ive also tried -- configuration mode Simple--tuner mode Positioner--long 001.251 East --lat 052.634 North --go to 1W the music channel (good picture) if i try to go to another sat dish may move 3in east then back again.-- i then go to 28e bbc1 this time i go into menue, positioner setup,tune,press red, predefined transponder,choose 28e then to positioner movement then press yellow (search east), it finds the signal, i go to positioner storage, change 1 to 10 then press green to store position then exit. bbc1 is now showing for about 2 min or shorter if i change channels --- the dish goes back to 1W.----If however i change tuner settings to --advanced, sat to 1w,lnb1,diseqc mode 1.2, long & lats, use usals for this sat NO, stored position to 001 then exit then repeat the same for the other 10 sats with different stored positions.-- it still didnt change sats on its own so i then repeated the positioner setup again for 28e and this time it stayed on bbc1 and i could also channel hop. HOWEVER if i then went to 1W music channel then back to 28e it wouldnt --its like its not saving the positioner settings. i also couldnt tune some of the other sats like this as they wouldnt move when i press the green or yellow search buttons.

jono069
06-10-12, 11:10
update -- had the duo checked out by supplier all ok he suggested that motor may be incompateble or the settings may be corupt try a reset -- as there was no reset button i bought a technomate 2600 motor now everything is working fine. thanks to everyone for helping.