PDA

View Full Version : Vu solo standby

thejoker
20-09-12, 01:13
My vu solo is running vix image and is connected to my SD tv via scart cable. When i turn on tv, press av1 and try to wake the solo from standby it will not come on. Led will just flash red. Box will eventusally come on after alot of pressing the standby button. I have cheled standby settings and all ok. Only thing i can think of is changing the scart cable

judge
20-09-12, 01:25
Is it an original Solo?
Also, have you tried a new set of batteries?

thejoker
20-09-12, 10:49
Yep it is and the batteries are new. Once the solo comes on it runs perfect and if you press standby it will turn off ok. If you press standby shortly after it will come on ok. But if you leave it for hours if you press standby it will not come on, you have to keep pressing and pressing it and then box will boot up from scratch....

thejoker
21-09-12, 09:54
? Anybody know...

dfdream
21-09-12, 11:44
Is it in Deep Stand by or just Standby.
If its deep standby then its virtually the same as powering up from off.

thejoker
22-09-12, 01:03
Def just standby, those were my thoughts at start but the box will power up ok if put in standby for short period but when i go to bed, when i get up i have to continuously press the power button to get it to boot up and it powers up from openvix loading screen and i also have to reload epg data..

sunday96
24-09-12, 13:14
I face this issue as well....

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Cheers

pooface
24-09-12, 13:35
Do you have any debug logs or crash logs?

Sounds to me like it could be an epg problem?!

thejoker
30-09-12, 09:48
No idea but this is annoying me now. Its only when I go to bed, I wake up to this problem or any time the box has been in standby for a long time. It boots from openvix screen and it takes ages to boot, much longer than usual.

Also I was playing about with the HDMI CEC control and now when I put my box is standby it will not come back on, I had to pull the plug on the box and plug it back in then turn HDMI CEC back on.

thejoker
30-09-12, 09:51
By the way, I have no crash longs ever, box has always ran smoothly. Only get crash longs with 1channel but I think that is normal..

Rob van der Does
30-09-12, 11:15
Can you enable debuglogs, restart the box and post the logs here once this has happened again?

thejoker
02-10-12, 16:39
Ok, will do