PDA

View Full Version : updating

wazza_2
19-09-12, 15:02
hi i am currently on vix 3.0 build 262, do i update through the box or through telnet. if i am to use telnet can someone tell me what comand to type in. thanks

pooface
19-09-12, 15:30
It's probably best to hang fire for a bit, as the latest online updates are not stable and will likely cause your box to go in to a reboot loop... You can just wait until stable updates are released and update then ;)

Larry-G
19-09-12, 15:31
hi i am currently on vix 3.0 build 262, do i update through the box or through telnet. if i am to use telnet can someone tell me what comand to type in. thanks

You can use either method but don't update yet. Until we make a announcement as the latest build 282 is broken. The command to update via telnet is init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

wazza_2
19-09-12, 15:51
ok thanks its just that when i try to instal anything it says opkg_install_cmd; cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions, so i thought maybe a update may fix this

pooface
19-09-12, 16:07
You could try taking a backup (followed by an image backup in case in future you just want to get back to your current state), and download build 268 from here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

Then restore your settings after backup...