PDA

View Full Version : Do all images suffer from Lip sync issue on S*Y HD channels.

sivhead
07-09-10, 16:38
Does anyone know if all images are suffering lipsync issues on S*Y UK HD Channels. I am currently using PLI but would gladly switch to another image if this issue is fixed. Is anyone else having these issues ?

I have tried all audio settings, I cant get the audio sync plugins to work correctly and have tried all sorts of options for AC3 default downmix DTS all combinations but to no avail.

The only solution I can see at the moment is to record the program then play it back.
Is anyone else having similar issues.

bassethound
07-09-10, 17:10
The vu+ is the only linux box i have that doesn't suffer from audio sync try using a different image the VIX Team image one is really good!

There is a audio sync plugin installed plus the latest drivers from VU.

Sicilian
07-09-10, 17:12
As stated above, i've been using the VIX image with no sync issues whatsoever :)

pooface
07-09-10, 17:15
Don't think I've ever had lip sync issues since I've been using my vu duo. Before that, the lip sync issues seemed to have disappeared with my 800 after about a year of owning it...

Have you got the pli image fully updated?! Would agree about trying to vix image tho ;)

sivhead
08-09-10, 10:52
yes the image is fully updated and the lip-sync only effects the S*Y UK HD channels all other HD channels and and SD channels are unaffected. Will try the vix image when I get time.

Sicilian
08-09-10, 11:00
yes the image is fully updated and the lip-sync only effects the S*Y UK HD channels all other HD channels and and SD channels are unaffected. Will try the vix image when I get time.

I dont get any sync issues with HD channels.

pooface
08-09-10, 11:19

Not used pli image on the duo box, so can't say whether it was that image or not, but since Sic and myself haven't had problems (and lots of others), it's probably worth trying the VIX image. If you still get lip sync, then there is a problem somewhere within your kit I would imagine...

Past2Present
08-09-10, 11:30
On the pli image also no lipsync problem, watching a lot on sky hd myself.

grtz.

guff daddy
08-09-10, 14:16
The only thing I can think of is that the HD channels are AC3 (Dolby Digital) however if for example BBC HD isn't affected it is also AC3 so that isn't the issue.

Have you tried pressing the Audio button and switching to normal Stereo signal rather than AC3 and see if that is still affected?

parkher
09-09-10, 07:38
I have no audio sync issues with PLi image and S*Y UK HD channels.
Watching right now. Perfectly in sync. AC3 5.1 - the amplifier is glowing blue and sounds are all around me :)

The Audio Sync plugin is installed and running (default in PLi), but I did not touch it - Service delay, Global delay are @ 0 ms

My PLi version is the one for newbies but updated from inside Duo some time ago:

Enigma: OpenPLi 2010-08-27-master
Image: openpli-2010-05-21

steve1978
09-09-10, 12:40
I used the open PLI image until VIX came along and i have never had Sync issues on any HD chans ever.

paul362
10-09-10, 08:12
I have had sync problems in the past (just to make you feel a bit better) it was on DE but i suspect this was a miss-match between my Onkyo sound system ! i have since put the Vix image on the VU and have not seen synk probs since.

Stanman
10-09-10, 11:04
On DE 1.3.3F i get synch mismatch on some programmes, not frequent but it does happen and it is only a second or so behind the sound.