PDA

View Full Version : Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Sicilian
30-03-10, 07:02
Ok here's a quick Newbie setup procedure for the VU+ Duo, hopefully should get you through the basic setup.

1. Unpack receiver :)
2. Install SATA HDD if you've bought one to install.
3. Choose your image and prepare on USB stick.
4. If your using a motorised dish prepare yourself with your longitude and latitude from here http://www.dishpointer.com/
5. Connect to TV etc..
6. Follow USB flash guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick
7. Follow this install wizard on screen through choosing your resolution etc..For tuner setting see attached screenshots, set your own longitude and latitude. One screenshot if for fixed dish, other for motorised dish. Don't bother with scanning, select "no, manual scan later".

Fixed dish settings: -

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=381

Motorised dish settings, change longitude and latitude to suit your area: -

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=382

8. Once setup is complete transfer your bouquets to the VU+ Duo using dreamboxedit. Enigma 2 settings/bouquets can be found here for UK only and motorised http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings , choose which you want. I've attached a screenshot of the correct dreamboxedit settings, just change the IP to suit your receiver. This can be found in by Pressing Menu > Setup > System > Network.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17604&d=1340167145

8A. Once settings/bouquets have been transferred re-check your tuner setup, it sometimes changes.
9. Once all the above is completed and your watching FTA channels, you will need to initialise the HDD is you installed one, press Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk.

The above should get you watching FTA channels.

Once the above has been done look around the menu's and ask your questions on the forum :)

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything lol! Post here if you feel something more should be added.

Sicilian
30-03-10, 16:20
Just added point 8A.

Maverick120
17-05-10, 20:49
Hi sorry I'm new to this have completed up to and including 7. How do I transfer bouquet. I have scanned but only get a few uk channels ( no channel 4 or ITV2), i thought it would pick up all the freesat channels until I get sorted?
What have I done/not done

Sicilian
17-05-10, 20:53
Hi sorry I'm new to this have completed up to and including 7. How do I transfer bouquet. I have scanned but only get a few uk channels ( no channel 4 or ITV2), i thought it would pick up all the freesat channels until I get sorted?
What have I done/not done

Dreamboxedit here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?12-DreamBoxEdit-3.0.0.0 Dreamboxedit manual here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?27-DreamBox-Edit-How-to-manual

Read through this thread pay particular attention to post no. 11 http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?562-Satellite-List

pege63
17-05-10, 21:01
As OpenPLi updates everyday is there a way to update direct from the images without loosing my settings, or do i have to flash it everyday?

Sicilian
17-05-10, 21:05
As OpenPLi updates everyday is there a way to update direct from the images without loosing my settings, or do i have to flash it everyday?

Blue button, software management > software update. Be carefull though, with some of the updates you could loose some of your settings. Also make sure the stable symbol is present on the openpli site
http://www.pli-images.org/

@ Maverick, once you've read those please post your questions :)

pege63
17-05-10, 21:22
So can i see witch images looses the settings or its a Russian rulett?

Maverick120
17-05-10, 22:20
Thanks for that, have used dreambox edit worked ok till very end "sending reload command failed reboot for settings to make settings available" Rebooted, rescanned but still the same channels available All bbc regional &hd itv regional , five but no 4 or itv2 or itvhd and no other free sat channels. Have been through the setup a few times, I'm using my old sky digital dish and lnb could this be a problem, what settings should I be using .Thanks for the help I need to sort this before I think of CCcam.

Maverick120
17-05-10, 23:21
I think i've cured it .It helps if you set it to 28.2 East, damn thing kept reverting to 19 east, better known as user error or open your bloody eyes, pratt
Will report back tomorrow, I'm knackered now , off to bed.

Sicilian
18-05-10, 05:42
So can i see witch images looses the settings or its a Russian rulett?

Most updates are fine, but theres been occasions when the kernal or something else major is updated and the receiver fails to boots after software update. Keep an eye on the changelog http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?10-OpenPLi-changelog

pege63
18-05-10, 09:46
Can i use the new newnigma2-v3-0 original image, if i can use DM8000 images then i should be eable to use this without problem no?

Sicilian
18-05-10, 10:11
Do not use DM8000 images in the flash no!

Some DM8000 images sort of work in multiboot, but none of them work 100%, its really not worth the effort of using DM8000 images as there plenty of very good actual VU+ Duo images. Peeps where only testing the DM8000 images when the VU+ Duo first came out, not worth using them now you have OpenPLi, Dream Elite and the VTI images.

pege63
18-05-10, 10:38
Are this images patched for Vu+Dou in some way?

Sicilian
18-05-10, 10:42
Are this images patched for Vu+Dou in some way?

No the DM8000 images are NOT patched for the VU+ Duo. Like I said, dont waste your time trying to multiboot them.

pege63
18-05-10, 10:54
No no i dont, just wanted to know if i could use the newnigma2-v3-0 image
Am using just the images that is for Vu+Dou

Sicilian
18-05-10, 11:03
No no i dont, just wanted to know if i could use the newnigma2-v3-0 image
Am using just the images that is for Vu+Dou

I'd have to say no as its a DM800/8000 image. Up to you if you want to try & multiboot it.

Maverick120
18-05-10, 20:53
Now I've got 1146 channels most are locked out obviously but I have all the free to air. Reset itself to astra 19east when adding bouquets I just saw astra and carried on , it was only when I was re-reading the bouquet list when 28.2 hit me like a hammer.Fitted my hard drive today Hitachi 250 gb, wouldn't work, just locked up at "starting enigma II", swapped it for a 160gb out of a surveillance system worked fine.Hitachi works fine in a hd enclosure wire to pc but it was formatted NTFS would that make a difference. Now trying to get EPG to work, one day I'll know what i'm doing , thanks for the help.

Sicilian
18-05-10, 21:49
@ Maverick, start a thread with any things that your stuck on :)

Sicilian
20-05-10, 22:31
re-attached tuner screenshots

pege63
28-05-10, 14:57
Where to put rytec.channels.xml and rytec.sources.xml manualy?

grtmoby
28-05-10, 15:51
answer is here

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?201-Latest-Rytec-channels-and-sources-files-to-go-here&p=2055

pege63
28-05-10, 18:43
Says only here i can download them i mean where to put the file in witch maps?

Sicilian
28-05-10, 20:30
Says only here i can download them i mean where to put the file in witch maps?

You extract the files an ftp them to where it says in the first post. You haven't got to map anything.

2Hot
29-06-10, 11:17
Blue button, software management > software update. Be carefull though, with some of the updates you could loose some of your settings. Also make sure the stable symbol is present on the openpli site
http://www.pli-images.org/

@ Maverick, once you've read those please post your questions :)

Thanks Boss for your numerous posts and responses to everyone different issues.

I have a problem in that as simple as your guide looks it is not working for me.
Maybe, I am missing some steps or maybe you assumed that most users are very familiar with set up from other STB so some steps are skipped.
I have followed the step on how to format usb, create folder and create another folder within the folder. Extract the usb package into the folder and insert usb into STB.
After doing all this the STB read the USB but did not upload any new image on my STB. It only wiped off my channel list setting it back to default.
I have even extracted image into the first folder i.e. vuplus with the hope that the STB will upload the image from usb...still no luck.

I then tried the VU+utility software, this did not pass the stage after it asked me to turn on my STB. I turned the STB on but the software is not giving the option os setting up my IP even though ethernet cable and serial is well connected to the STB.

Pls is there a simpler step by step guide?
Do anyone know if there is youtube link on how to do this?
Do I omit anything in my steps?
Is there another utility software like flashwizard or browser to flash the VU+?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sicilian
29-06-10, 11:44
Guide here to flash with USB stick http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick

Try the HP tool to format your USB stick here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool

What image are you trying to flash?

2Hot
29-06-10, 13:55
Honestly, I have used the guide from the link you pasted above. I tried using the HP tool to format my USB stick but error I get is I need adminstrator privilege to use this tool.

I am trying to flash from these links: VU+-Support.co.uk-Loaded24-05-10.rar (34.88 MB, 214 views)
VU+-Support.co.uk-Loaded24-05-10.nfi (37.01 MB, 57 views).

Thanks.

Sicilian
29-06-10, 14:07
When using HP tool, right click on it and choose run as administrator.

2Hot
29-06-10, 15:04
Thanks and should I just unpack the usb upgrade only or should i also unpack the image to same duo folder or not at all?

Sicilian
29-06-10, 15:13
Extract the 3 usb upgrade files and place them in /vuplus/duo/

2Hot
29-06-10, 15:43
great...and how and where do i extract the image? which image would you recommend for newbie like myself?

Sicilian
29-06-10, 15:46
great...and how and where do i extract the image? which image would you recommend for newbie like myself?

Just extract the 3 images files to your desktop, then copy them across to the correct file in your USB stick.

Image is a matter of choice. The main 3 are Dream Elite 1.3.3F, VTI 1.3 or OpenPLi, at this moment in time I'd so go with the VTI 1.3, nice and easy for newbies, contains latest Enigma2 and drivers.

2Hot
29-06-10, 15:55
Sorry to be this dumb...I have done as you said but nothing changes on my STB after inserting the USB stick and uploading to the STB.

Also, in which of the folder vuplus or duo do I extract image of my choice? Or do I need to extract the image separated from the other 3 contents inside the usb upgrade zip file?

Sicilian
29-06-10, 16:00
Sorry to be this dumb...I have done as you said but nothing changes on my STB after inserting the USB stick and uploading to the STB.

Also, in which of the folder vuplus or duo do I extract image of my choice? Or do I need to extract the image separated from the other 3 contents inside the usb upgrade zip file?

All the info is in the first post, also look at this post http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick&p=1742&viewfull=1#post1742

Remember once you've prepared your USB sitck with the files you need to power off the Duo, then power back on again with the USB stick plugged in at the front.

2Hot
29-06-10, 16:08
The bit about the USB is well and truly understood. The part that is confusing and not metioned in any post herein is that of the image to use.

If the USB bit is successfully done I will like to know if the image of my choice e.g openPLI is going to be accessible for download via remote control like DM800/8000HD?

Sicilian
29-06-10, 16:12
If the USB bit is successfully done I will like to know if the image of my choice e.g openPLI is going to be accessible for download via remote control like DM800/8000HD?

You can't flash DM800/8000 images to the Duo. Its possible to multi-boot DM8000 images but they do not work 100% correctly as they're compiled for the DM8000, just use the VU+ Duo images in our downloads section, theres enough choice there or use OpenPLi for VU+ Duo.

grtmoby
29-06-10, 16:20
i think he meant "upgrade" and not download.

yes you can upgrade the image you are using through remote control (via the update screen)

2Hot
29-06-10, 16:24
The Boss, this is not my meaning. I know I cannot use DM800/8000 image to flash VU+ Duo.

I am only asking if like in DM800/8000HD the image can be downloaded e,g in DM800HD when you press blue button on remote it takes you to Blue panel where you can select addons and select what to download.

Is there something similar on VU+ Duo?

Sorry to be taking your time with all these questions.

2Hot
29-06-10, 16:25
Pls how do I navigate to update screen?

Sicilian
29-06-10, 16:25
i think he meant "upgrade" and not download.

yes you can upgrade the image you are using through remote control (via the update screen)

:lol3: oops I mis-read :rolleyes:

pooface
29-06-10, 16:41
Another thing to note ... when you extract the files, you need to ensure that there are only the files in the duo directory...

So, navigate to usb stick, then navigate to vuplus directory, then, navigate to duo directory, then, ensure that there are the 3 files there boot_cfe_auto.jffs2, kernel_cfe_auto.bin and root_cfe_auto.jffs2.

As for the blue panel, I have no idea what you're on about?! Did you used to use gemini image on dm800/8000? i.e., you don't mean upgrading the image, you mean adding on stuff like cccam etc?! If so, then it's different per image. In dream-elite, it's green, then yellow. In vti, I can't remember, maybe Sic can :p But helps if you let us know whether that's what you mean?!

2Hot
29-06-10, 16:50
thanks to you all...i'll try what you suggested and feedback to you later.

2Hot
30-06-10, 01:58
Sadly...after formatting all 3 USB sticks that are in my possesion using the HP tool, I am still unable to flash the VU+ duo...I am stuck and dont know what next to do...
The box is reading the USB in all cases but it looks to me like that the erasing procedure during flashing is not completed...just my hunch...can someone come up with a pictorial or video tutorial?. Getting beyond this first hurdle is so tasking that I am afraid of what sort of support lies ahead.

Thanks to everyone who has been of great help...well appreciated.

Sicilian
30-06-10, 05:58
When your trying to flash, what does the front screen say?

paul362
30-06-10, 08:39
Just to check with you on usb sticks, the ones your using don't have a built in security program on them do they? if not and you have formatted them correctly using FAT32 then there is no obvious reason why this would happen (I format mine through windows using the quick format option) also i don't give the usb a name when formatting it, if you have done all this then you should be away and running.

pooface
30-06-10, 08:42
One other thing to try if not done already, is to unplug everything from the box. So, disconnect the power, then remove the network cable, rear usb sticks (if any), hdmi cable, other audio/video cables, and f-connector. Basically, you will just have the box by itself (important to remove power before disconnecting it all). Then, plug the stick with the flash update on in the front usb port. Then, plug in power and turn it on. This should give a "reading usb..." for about 1-2 minutes. Then, you will get a "erasing flash" for about 10 seconds, then a "programming flash" for about a minute or two, then "reading usb" for about 5 seconds, then "programming flash" for about 5 seconds, then "flash finished, remove usb and reboot". Might not be exact wording, but something to that effect.

Once that's done, power off, unplug front usb, connect all other items back in like a/v plugs, network cables, rear usb, f-connector etc. Only when everything is plugged back in, power the box back on.

If it doesn't flash after following this, either you're doing something insanely simple and stupid (not having a go at you here ;)), which you're just overlooking?! Or there is a problem with all of the usb sticks, or your box is knackered?!

Hope this helps :)

2Hot
30-06-10, 12:48
I have to say thanks a million to everyone here. I am grateful for all your help and input. Following the advice of pooface, I got the box to a stage during flashing where it got stuck on 'programming'. After waiting for over 30mins for it to tell me that 'flash finished, remove usb and reboot', which never came, I removed the usb and proceeded to rebooting the box. At this stage, I download some plugins but could not find the appropriate plugin to download CCcam and CCcam config file.
Pls is this a separate software or is it possible that the box is not fully programmed to contain this download section?

NB: I have software manager installed on the box and when I opened it I can several DM800/8000 nfi images. Can I install any of this image on the box to get the files I am looking for?

Sicilian
30-06-10, 13:16
NB: I have software manager installed on the box and when I opened it I can several DM800/8000 nfi images. Can I install any of this image on the box to get the files I am looking for?

What image have you flashed?

2Hot
30-06-10, 13:28
I have only extracted the 3 usb upgrade files, placed in /vuplus/duo and flashed into the box.

Afterwards, I went to Menu->Plugins->press green to download->and download many files e.g YouTube etc.

I dont know if this is the path for flashing image or if the image is inside any of the file extensions in the Plugins.

Pls how do I get the right image and what is the procedure for flashing that on the box? Can it just be a download from the Software Manager?

Sicilian
30-06-10, 13:35
I have only extracted the 3 usb upgrade files, placed in /vuplus/duo and flashed into the box.

Afterwards, I went to Menu->Plugins->press green to download->and download many files e.g YouTube etc.

I dont know if this is the path for flashing image or if the image is inside any of the file extensions in the Plugins.

Pls how do I get the right image and what is the procedure for flashing that on the box? Can it just be a download from the Software Manager?

Please answer my question for now. Which image have you flashed to the Duo?

paul362
30-06-10, 14:03
I am getting lost now ? ill take a step back i think over to you Sic.:confused::confused:

One quick suggestion : if you have a hard drive installed disconnect it and then flash your image I had a problem with my new box because for some reason it did not like taking the new (DE in my case) image with the Hard drive connected out of the box.

2Hot
30-06-10, 14:57
These are the files in the duo that was flashed unto my box, I am not sure if they are image or not. I copied them from usb upgrade I found somewhere within a THREAD on this site.

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2

I got it from the zip file named usb_upgrade.zip: http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?888-Official-original-image-Ver.-4.9

Sicilian
30-06-10, 15:00
These are the files in the duo that was flashed unto my box, I am not sure if they are image or not. I copied them from usb upgrade I found somewhere within a THREAD on this site.

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2

All the images have 3 files named like those.

Download Duo images here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?40-VU-Downloads-only

paul362
30-06-10, 15:20
Me again ! Sic the link 2Hot posted says to me he is using the original image ??

Sicilian
30-06-10, 15:30
Me again ! Sic the link 2Hot posted says to me he is using the original image ??

Ah, he edited his post as I posted. :rolleyes:

paul362
30-06-10, 15:34
that's so annoying isn't it :p:p:p:p

2Hot
30-06-10, 18:49
Hey folks...sorry I am not trying to throw you on endless run. Now everything is coming together. I just realized based on The Boss last post that I can download any image in the download section. Now I have VuPlus-Support.co.uk powered by OpenPLi installed. I will proceed step by step as per the thread for installing it. Hopefully, it will get me to where I can edit CCcam.cfg file.

I will keep ye all posted!

pooface
30-06-10, 20:18
You just need to install any image that allows you to install cccam via their download panel. I personally find the dream-elite the easiest (and fullest for what I want), to use. Once you've downloaded the cccam (in dream elites, it's accessed via green button -> yellow button -> Addons -> DE Cams.

Once install, you can edit the cccam.cfg file by using dcc, an ftp client, or in telnet...

2Hot
30-06-10, 20:22
many thanks pooface i am latching straight on the dream elite to do that asap!....happy days ahead...i'll keep you posted!

2Hot
01-07-10, 00:27
Finally, I got Dream Elite working, loaded all my addons and everything working fine except I dont have the fanciful miniTV when changing channels. I believe there has to be something somewhere I need to set to enable that function. It will be a nice function to have so if anyone knows which button sequence to use to get the miniTV whilst scrolling through channel will be helpful.

Thanks to the great assistance and the promptness of responses I get from this forum is second to none. Well done to everyone and thanks a mil!

grtmoby
01-07-10, 04:02
what you need 2hot is to use a skin that supports picture in graphics (PIG). to know the skin support it, you'll find it in the skin name for example, Beyounce PIG.
just download and use such a skin and u'll have this fancy mini TV :D

2Hot
01-07-10, 09:55
thanks grtmoby i'll try that when i get home and give update afterwards.

2Hot
01-07-10, 14:50
just tried the 2 types of that skin available and none worked for me. maybe i've done silly and stupid within the the setup that is preventing the miniTV feature within the enigma. anyone with a clue of how to resolve this? i'll hate to have to start from afresh though...

Pat Hart
16-07-10, 00:54
I am completely new here - so apologise if my questions seem completely stupid - I realy like the look of the VU+ Duo - and will probably buy one. The script above looks really useful and most of my questions were answered by following the links - I now know what a boucket is - a data base of satellites, transponder, services etc that can be loaded onto a VU+ - however item No 3 says "chose your image" - What is an image? Where do I get them? How do I chose?

grtmoby
16-07-10, 02:22
simply an image is the operating system in different versions compiled by different teams (programmers) put it like special edition of certain version of windows with customized add ons and features. the most used images for the vu are vti, pli and dream elite and a special image put together by Sicilain our admin based on pli.

you can them in the download section in the forum that can be found here

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?40-VU-Downloads-only

u choose based on others opinions or u try it out and decide which one u like the most.

hope this answers it all and happy buying

you may like to have a look here as it has tons of useful info

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1283-Vu-Duo-Evaluation-Questions

ggp759
30-08-10, 14:05
Hi just got my vu duo all setup and working fine with the latest vti image. I manually downloaded the drivers from 20/8 and installed them. Now i can see there are new drivers from 27/08. The only problem is that there 2 sets for duo one saying 4.1.1 and the other saying 4.4.3. Whats their difference and how do i know which one to use for my box? Thanks guys i appreciate all the help.

grtmoby
30-08-10, 14:50
easiest way is to let the box and image decide it.

press blue button>VTI Panel>Image Tools>Update Image.

from menu>setup>software management>software update

it will look for available updates and so update with all latest files/drivers

ggp759
30-08-10, 16:08
Hi thwnks for the quick reply. I did what you said and now its stuck on the update screen. I can see its updating and downloading stuff but i cant scroll down to the bottom of the page. How long does this take? Exit button is not responding.

grtmoby
30-08-10, 22:58
for the first time it takes around 5 minutes or so but depends mainly on your connection speed

satmanbasil
30-08-10, 23:29
Hi mate

in the vu support image the brushed skin has pig mini tv

in the vti image think its lte6 also has it

regards
satmanbasil

grtmoby
04-09-10, 13:25
a lot of skins are supporting pig now on the latest vti and other images as well

digicell
06-09-10, 17:38
Hello,

I read this guide for setting it up the VU + DUO for a newbie installation of VU + DUO box

i understand eveyrthing up to step 8 - can u tell me what bouquet is? Ive read around a lot but just dont get that bit...is it simply a channel list? I have a fixed sky dish i am using as i only want all SKY UK chnanels + asian channels. I have 2 wires going from the sky disk into my house.

Any help would be appreciated on explaing in simple terms what is the bouquets all about?

I am going to get my VU + DUO tomorrow or day after so wanted to ask - what is the best IMAGE that people would recommend I install?
what is the difference between the main ones?

CCAM
I understand I need to install this after the image is installed...Which one do i need to install for a VU + DUO box please?
What does the CCAM do?

Also can someone calrify the steps for me when i get the box how can I go about backing the existing image from it before i start tapering around with it? Just incase i mess something up I can restore it back???
Thanks for your support :)

grtmoby
06-09-10, 17:56
yes a bouquet is simply a channel list ;)

the main difference between images is the add on already installed and some tweaks and shortcuts. additionally, the drivers and enigma versions .

I would recommend u to give the just released VIX image a go as it is truly almost perfect and so easy to use.

u need to install CCcam only if u r using will watch encrypted channels using cards, cams. if so then install 2.1.3 or 2.1.4

digicell
06-09-10, 18:04
Ok im glad i know what a bouquet is then...so people save the channel lists and upload and share on here - is this the purpose of sharing bouqets?

this is news to me...so i dont need CCAM at all if im usign a pay server.

Let me tell you my set up:
- Using Existing Sky + Dish as im only wanting sky UK + asian channels in the UK
- VU + DUO receiver
- Ethernet cable to my Wireless Router
****Personal Preference******

So for this are you simply telling me I dont need a CCAM installed?

Would you be able to provide me a step by step guide on what I would need to install instead then??

Thanks a lot

grtmoby
06-09-10, 18:10
i said u need to use CCcam if u'll be watching encrypted channels

as per forum rules it is not allowed to talk about cardsharing or pay servers or...or or

forrest1066
06-09-10, 18:24
many thanks for the awesome instructions

digicell
06-09-10, 19:13
ok thanks...

digicell
07-09-10, 16:55
Im still unsure on how to back up my VU+ DUO box when it arrives tomorrow morning...I read the guide by sicillian but there is some aspects in the steps that are confusing?

can someone kindly explain in lehamns terms if possible? I appreicate the help!

Thanks

grtmoby
07-09-10, 22:36
when u receive the box there would be nothing on it, just the original image installed unless it is fine tuned by your seller.

if it is just the original image, then no need to back :)

in any case, r u planning to backup to a hdd or usb

digicell
08-09-10, 10:41
i have received the box now...it gas original image on it...but i thought its a good idea to back that up incase i mess things up.

im going to installe VIX Image now..but im not sure how to properly install CCAM?

would appreciate if someone can run me through it?

Sicilian
08-09-10, 10:48
i have received the box now...it gas original image on it...but i thought its a good idea to back that up incase i mess things up.

im going to installe VIX Image now..but im not sure how to properly install CCAM?

Once you've flashed the VIX got to plugins and install CCcam from there. Once installed create a CCcam.cfg and ftp to /etc

Also enable CCcam in softcam manager.

pooface
08-09-10, 11:32

Follow Sic's advice above re CCcam. In regards to backing up the original image, you don't need to bother, as you can download the original images (which is the same as what you'd be backing up)...

digicell
09-09-10, 23:06
Thanks Ive done this now.

intbn
15-09-10, 17:19
Hi, Can anyone help me out ?

I just got my Vu+ Duo today. Installed the VIX_V1.0_Team_Image and it looks great.But i can't connect to the reciever through DreamBox Edit and i'm pretty sure i have my settings right! Also how do i connect via telnet ? I only know how to open telnet itself.What do i do after that ?

Stanman
15-09-10, 19:44
for telnet I use run in WIN 7 = telnet ip address of box.
you got the login and password correct in DBE?also ip addreess?

satmanbasil
15-09-10, 22:52
Hi, Can anyone help me out ?

I just got my Vu+ Duo today. Installed the VIX_V1.0_Team_Image and it looks great.But i can't connect to the reciever through DreamBox Edit and i'm pretty sure i have my settings right! Also how do i connect via telnet ? I only know how to open telnet itself.What do i do after that ?

Hi m8

Ok lets start to get you connected if you using windows vista go to start and click on command prompt then type ...Telnet press return
Then type open 192.xxx.xxx.xxx the IP of your box then return
you will now see this

OpenEmbedded linux bm750
vuplus 2.0.1 bm750
bm750 login..

type root then return

then your asked for password ... if you have not set a password for your vu then just press return again you will now see
root@bm750:~#

if you now type PS and press return you will see how the vu booted up something like this
OpenEmbedded Linux bm750

root@bm750:~# ps
PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 root 1728 S init [3]
2 root 0 SW [migration/0]
3 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd/0]
4 root 0 SW [migration/1]
5 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd/1]
6 root 0 SW< [events/0]
7 root 0 SW< [events/1]
8 root 0 SW< [khelper]
9 root 0 SW< [kthread]
10 root 0 SW< [kblockd/0]
11 root 0 SW< [kblockd/1]
12 root 0 SW< [khubd]
13 root 0 SW [pdflush]

If you wish to set a password for your vu then type ... PASSWD and press return

youe will be asked for a new password once you typed it in press return and it will ask again for you to retype it...do so and press return again thats it your done.

Now when you go into dreambox edit type your vu box IP in the section and press test connection in the second part put your user/password root and the password u assigned and again test that with luck you should now be able to access your box

regards
satmanbasil

bluepat84
23-09-10, 23:00
Hello to all.
Have just received VU+ Duo, loaded the VIX image and followed the wizard. My dish is pointed at Asta 19.2 and can receive channels on that sat. So far so good.
Set up Network with User Interface and DHCP as yes, but when I run Network test the IP Address is Unconfirmed, which is preventing me from FTP an image. How do I find or assign IP Address for box.
I have a motorised dish and want to Longitude as -2.8991 West but can't find how to apply the - sign.
Any help would be most appreciated

grtmoby
23-09-10, 23:09
convert the - sign to +

there are 360 degrees so if u r -2 W this means you are 358 E

for the ip try to restart the box, if ip is not signed yet then set "use dhcp" to no and assign an ip manually

bluepat84
24-09-10, 23:03
Thanks for your help.
Have set positioner as shown. Dish is now moving to sats, so far so good.
Have assigned IP address plus mask address and box remembers them, but not not recognised for FTP on port 80 and FTP port 21. Any help on how to enable connection, please.

grtmoby
24-09-10, 23:20
ftp connection should be enabled automatically.

what program r u using (try putty)
what error message do u get if any....
ftp should be on port 21 as default.

what will happen if u open ur browser, typed ur ip address in it. does it connect and show anything

bluepat84
25-09-10, 22:39
Downloaded puTTy
Tried connecting to box, all I got was "fatal error-cannot assign address"
Tried ping and got time out errors
Cannot connect on browser
Have tried changing IP address on box but to no avail
Changed network to DHCP and it confirms IP on network address, but displays N/A when showing configuration
What ip address do you suggest I try? Please

bluepat84
29-09-10, 16:05
Sorted- I hope - Problem cured by changing network cable. Can now see IP address. Have had considerable loss of hair in the process.

rob76
07-10-10, 23:07
I'm struggling abit with tuner setup. I have 1 dish with 3 LNBs for Hotbird 13, Astra 19 and AStra 28. How should I setup the tuners? Currently have it as follows: -

Tuner A simple Diseqc A/B/C/D
Port A - 13E
Port B - 19E
Port C - 28E

Tuner B equal to A

grtmoby
07-10-10, 23:12
if there is no cable connected to tuner B then change it to "loopthrough"

rob76
07-10-10, 23:19
yeah there is...got 2 cables running down from the dish.

Sicilian
08-10-10, 08:05
yeah there is...got 2 cables running down from the dish.

What LNB/Port is the second cable connected to?

rob76
08-10-10, 20:39
Not sure how it's all hooked up at the lnbs end as I didn't do it myself but I should have 3 LNBs with disecq s coming out to 2 cables. I'm getting a good signal from all 3 satellites so nothing seems to be broken. Maybe I could have done with 1 cable running down?

Kips
08-10-10, 20:59
Hey Sic. cheers for the advise i finally got it up and running - well just the basic bbc/itv/c4/five ones yet need to read through the forum to get more i assume!

Kips
17-10-10, 18:55
ok i think i messed it up - it keeps saying sat not connected but it is - im gonna re-image it now.

Kips
17-10-10, 21:04
got it working again :D

I, Brian
21-10-10, 14:35
Hi all, completely new to this in general and having problems setting up - 1m dish, Diseqc twin LNB, Vu+ Duo

Flashed the box with the VIX image - fine.

But keep having problems setting up the satellites - select factory reset, go through the wizard, set up the positioner option for Tuner A, loopthrough for Tuner B.

I end up with Hotbird 13e, Astra 19e and Astra 28.2e. However, channels from Astra 28.2e just aren't coming up - I select the BBC channels from the list and I get SID not found in PAT.

Not quite sure what to do next.

Possibly it's that the BBC services moved recently?
http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/102113-bbc-services-on-satellite-moving.html

Really a bit stuck and not sure what to do next - have tried to read what I can, but looks like I could probably need a list of FTA channels (bouquet?) to download and install. If so, will I require additional software?

Vu+ box is not attached to the internet btw, as in a different room to my router - but flashed fine with a USB stick so figure am fine for transferring files that way.

Any pointers very much appreciated as is getting quite frustrating.

I, Brian
21-10-10, 14:48
Ah, right, answered one of my questions:
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3155-BBC-streams-found-but-not-in-tv-list

Not sure how to change around default satellite lists, though? Any general FTA lists I can install available, or is that considered too lazy? :) Would just like to be able to relax and watch a few basic FTA channels, not least BBC HD. :)

cro69
27-10-10, 06:44
ok guys im new to this forum ive got vti 2.1 running it was easy to do once i figuired it out,i got cccam/oscam sorted for this image however i did try the newest vix 1.1 and open pli only problem was didnt know where and in which files to put oscam settings into, pity because i noticed the vix image looked better then vti any help would be appreciated??thanx in advance

Conaxthewarrior
27-10-10, 19:28
Hi Sicilian,
At the moment I'm trying unsucessfully to connect pc to VU+ Duo to download a satellite.xml file and wonder if you could help with this.
I followed the instructions from the dreambox program help facility, setting up VU+ Duo's network with ip address as 192.168.0.5 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 then saving this.(Vu+ Duo reports its primary DNS as 62.61.130.1 and secondary DNS as 62.61.131.1) My computers tcp/ip properties page was set up as IP address 192.168.0.1 and Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 exactly as the dreambox program help facility said. I left the section "Use the following DNS server addresses" empty. Then rebooted the pc to make sure it would start up with these values. On running the VU+ Duo's network test all went ok except for a reported unconfirmed IP address and unconfirmed name server.
Dreambox returns a "unable to connect to reciever" message
I've tried several different VU+ Duo network setups eg not enabling DCHP and swaping the respective IP addresses but hav'nt been able to obtain a connection.
Could you please help?

Sicilian
28-10-10, 12:12
Hi Sicilian,
At the moment I'm trying unsucessfully to connect pc to VU+ Duo to download a satellite.xml file and wonder if you could help with this.
I followed the instructions from the dreambox program help facility, setting up VU+ Duo's network with ip address as 192.168.0.5 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 then saving this.(Vu+ Duo reports its primary DNS as 62.61.130.1 and secondary DNS as 62.61.131.1) My computers tcp/ip properties page was set up as IP address 192.168.0.1 and Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 exactly as the dreambox program help facility said. I left the section "Use the following DNS server addresses" empty. Then rebooted the pc to make sure it would start up with these values. On running the VU+ Duo's network test all went ok except for a reported unconfirmed IP address and unconfirmed name server.
Dreambox returns a "unable to connect to reciever" message
I've tried several different VU+ Duo network setups eg not enabling DCHP and swaping the respective IP addresses but hav'nt been able to obtain a connection.
Could you please help?

Check you network settings and your Dreamboxedit setup http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

maanvol
28-10-10, 13:23
I've disconnected my old receiver from the lnb-cable, and connected the duo on it. At the moment I did disconnect my old receiver the reception was fine. Unfortunately the vu+ is not able to 'see' the sat:"Tuner A:BCM7335DVB-52MM(internal)DVB-S not configured". How do you set up the tuners? At the tuner configuration, the vu+ gives message:"not connected".
I do not understand this. Many thanks for your help. Kind regards.

Maxwell
28-10-10, 15:43
What is your dish setup? Fixed/Motor/Multi LNB ?
The basics are below.

Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Tuner configuration>Tuner A
Highlight Configuration mode and select simple using the left or right cursor keys (round the ok button) then setup the mode etc according to your dish setup

Also see the first post in this thread

razor1
16-01-11, 22:49
For dummies er...I suppose that i'll be then lol

pege63
17-01-11, 15:17
How do i change subtitles color from pink to white?

Channo786
26-01-11, 02:53
Once you've flashed the VIX got to plugins and install CCcam from there. Once installed create a CCcam.cfg and ftp to /etc

Also enable CCcam in softcam manager.

I am writing first time in this forum with the same issue as digicell posted above and same situation. I have just got a new Vu+Duo DVSB-2 (Twin Twiner) Box and today flashed it with 1.3 VIX Image keeping in view your instructions and successfully flashed the VIX image. I then proceeded to 'Configuration' after selecting Language. I have a 'Sky Fixed Dish' currently hooked up to standard offcial Sky Digi Box However, I'm assuming my current dish 'Already' points to Astra 28.2E So, When I connect my Vu+ Duo STB (One Cable plugged into LNB1 A tuner only) on the Box when configuring Tuner A. I selected Simple and then Single. Then selecting satellite Astra (28.2E) and DiseqC.... no. I put it on auto scan for the services result. Unfortunately, I am still unable to get any result (See Image below)and every time I scan get the same reply '" scan finished, '0' services found". I'm confused how can I get the result enabling me to proceed further ? Please help me. Thank you!

http://www.kfanimation.co.uk/photo.JPG

silverfox0786
26-01-11, 04:02
best thinhg to do is use a bouquet from feeds

silverfox0786, sgtflipflop b16mcc or andyblac setings will do

make sure you have you tuners set to simple single 28.2e and send diseqc to no thats same for both

one done f you still not getting anything then i can pretty much say you have a different issue

Sicilian
26-01-11, 07:10
I am writing first time in this forum with the same issue as digicell posted above and same situation. I have just got a new Vu+Duo DVSB-2 (Twin Twiner) Box and today flashed it with 1.3 VIX Image keeping in view your instructions and successfully flashed the VIX image. I then proceeded to 'Configuration' after selecting Language. I have a 'Sky Fixed Dish' currently hooked up to standard offcial Sky Digi Box However, I'm assuming my current dish 'Already' points to Astra 28.2E So, When I connect my Vu+ Duo STB (One Cable plugged into LNB1 A tuner only) on the Box when configuring Tuner A. I selected Simple and then Single. Then selecting satellite Astra (28.2E) and DiseqC.... no. I put it on auto scan for the services result. Unfortunately, I am still unable to get any result (See Image below)and every time I scan get the same reply '" scan finished, '0' services found". I'm confused how can I get the result enabling me to proceed further ? Please help me. Thank you!

Set your tuner up like below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=381&d=1274390993

Then do a scan with the following settings

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=333&d=1273917866

Channo786
26-01-11, 11:29
Hi Sicillian! I'm doing the same as you suggested but the result is also same that is 0 service found. How can I get the services ? Is there a problem with lnb or cable but before connecting to this Vu+ Box I had been using it with my Skybox? Please help me to get services. Thanks

Sicilian
26-01-11, 11:31
Hi Sicillian! I'm doing the same as you suggested but the result is also same that is 0 service found. How can I get the services ? Is there a problem with lnb or cable but before connecting to this Vu+ Box I had been using it with my Skybox? Please help me to get services. Thanks

Re-connect your Sky receiver and make sure your feed is working correctly.

Channo786
26-01-11, 13:13
Re-connect your Sky receiver and make sure your feed is working correctly.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the reply Sicilian I had my cable's slightly setup wrong. Ok now for update so far:

1) Re-started the Vu+ Duo after checking my cables from LNB to the Box all connected tightly.

2) Set the Tuner A: Config Simple
Mode: Single
Sat: Astra 28.2E and Eurobird

3) Went to Service Scan>Automatic Scan.
1048 Service Found 100% completed.
Pressed Exist>Exist till I was on the Vu+ Duo Loading Enigma II...Wallpaper.

4) Switched off from behind the STB without 'Rebooting from the remote control instead.'

5) Switched on the Receiver from the back, Starting.......DVB Service. Then go the msg again saying "No service 3sec msg pop'.

What Do I need to do now from here on? Have I lost the Service scan result that I had got perivously? At What point should I install CCcam plugin?

I understand I need to create a file from notepad called "CCcam.cfg", Question: What do I need to save inside this document as I'm not sure also what is Cline please?

Many thanks for the kind help, the ball is finally rolling.;):p

Sicilian
26-01-11, 13:16
What Do I need to do now from here on? Have I lost the Service scan result that I had got perivously? At What point should I install CCcam plugin?

I understand I need to create a file from notepad called "CCcam.cfg", Question: What do I need to save inside this document as I'm not sure also what is Cline please?

Did you not read the rules update this morning?

Channo786
26-01-11, 13:23
Sorry I was busy configuring the box had missed the update, Yes read it now...trial and error now. Thank for the help so far anyway.:)

Sicilian
26-01-11, 13:26
Sorry I was busy configuring the box had missed the update, Yes read it now...trial and error now. Thank for the help so far anyway.:)

Gonzo has posted the cams here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

Channo786
26-01-11, 14:07
Many thanks sir, will look into it soon. However, I was just follwoing your Steps to get 'Bouquet' there's a Post from you with links to Everyones bouquet's but since I have Sly Dish Fixed, I'm having trouble finding the "Most Latest one yet close to my Sly Fix dish instead of motorised dish ones". Geeez theres soo many here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings

fintannl
26-01-11, 14:12
use these #http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3513-B16mcc-sky-uk-bouquets-v3.7-04.11.10
i use them syself and they work perfect for 28.2. use dreamboxedit to load them

Channo786
26-01-11, 14:36
use these #http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3513-B16mcc-sky-uk-bouquets-v3.7-04.11.10

Thanks for the link mate, before I decided to try your suggested one; What about our friends Silverfox http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3971-Silverfox0786-28.2E-Enigma-II-HD-Settings-and-Picons?

Thanks.

Sicilian
26-01-11, 14:41
Thanks for the link mate, before I decided to try your suggested one; What about our friends Silverfox http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3971-Silverfox0786-28.2E-Enigma-II-HD-Settings-and-Picons?

Thanks.

They've very good too.

Channo786
26-01-11, 15:06

hrmm Tried to DreamBoxEdit to send the above items to my STB got this msg:

Connecting to 192.168.1.116.
Connected.
Dreambox response: Login successful.
** Getting directory list /etc/enigma2/* **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/lamedb" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/blacklist" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe00.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe01.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe02.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe03.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe04.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe05.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe06.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe07.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe08.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe09.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe0a.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe0b.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe0c.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe0d.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe0e.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe0f.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe10.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe11.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe12.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe13.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.favourites.tv" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/bouquets.radio" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.favourites.radio" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/tuxbox/terrestrial.xml" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/tuxbox/cables.xml" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.
Network response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<e2simplexmlresult>
<e2state>True</e2state>
<e2statetext>reloaded both</e2statetext>
</e2simplexmlresult>

Could not connect to Dreambox on IP adress 192.168.1.116, check the IP address and/or your network.

Hrmmm, What is that? It says to Reboot by hand for new setting to take effect is an Error display style msg?

Sicilian
26-01-11, 15:08
Hold down standby button on remote, then select restart Enigma2.

The above is normal.

After restart you will see the new bouquets.

Channo786
26-01-11, 15:42
Thanks that did load correctly, However when the STB loads up nicely with "userbouquet" When I select and press OK on a channel I can not get Picture? I know i might be breaking the rules here, but I don't seem to know what I have to do next from here on...I go over at pressing Blue Button for S**tC@m it says to set that up...There it says "No Config file found, Please Setup MGcamd first in /var/keys."

You don't want to asnwer that one it's ok, I'll just have to dig around try to pick something somewhere...trial n error quest. Wouldn't mind PM either.:)

Taihape
04-02-11, 21:36
Hi there - real newbie here! Just picked up my duo 3 days ago and have most features working well however I'm having some problems - it will recognise flashdrives but not always a usb hdd; plus when trying to play movie files, with mp4 and flv video Ok but no sound. With avi files, sound but no video. mp3 files no sound but wav fine. Just a bit confused as to why and what I could be doing wrong!

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:56
Hi there - real newbie here! Just picked up my duo 3 days ago and have most features working well however I'm having some problems - it will recognise flashdrives but not always a usb hdd; plus when trying to play movie files, with mp4 and flv video Ok but no sound. With avi files, sound but no video. mp3 files no sound but wav fine. Just a bit confused as to why and what I could be doing wrong!

Start a topic, you will have more chance on getting a proper responce ;)

eddiq
05-02-11, 13:42
hi i am having problem understanding what picons are and what do they do, can someone explain please??

Larry-G
05-02-11, 14:01
hi i am having problem understanding what picons are and what do they do, can someone explain please??

Make your own thread and you will get the help you need.

Sent from my HTC Desire

druss
03-03-11, 00:56
I'm setting up my Vu+duo, bought 2nd hand. Previous user had it set up for freesat. I have a motorised, and can't actually receive freesat at current location.

I've the one line going to tuner a, positioner setting completed. Nothing in tuner b. However in both scan modes, i can only search 28.2 east?

I deleted the pre-saved channel lists and installed new motorised ones in case this is an issue. What am i missing?

Thanks!

punisher
03-03-11, 06:18
You might want to try updating your satellite.xml file and choose the satellites you want and then reboot an try rescanning again. You can generate a satellite.xml file from here

http://satellites-xml.eu/

Larry-G
03-03-11, 07:33
Yes i agree with punisher. It sounds like your satellites.xml only has the settings for 28.2 east. First thing I would do is load a new satellites.xml file to see it that remedies your problem.

Sent from my HTC Desire

druss
03-03-11, 20:00
Thanks for that, both. Actual channels coming in!

asnesu
10-03-11, 15:52
What files should be in the flash ram ? and how much free space should I have after VIX 2.03 is installed ?
I may installed the epg into the flash ram by mistake.
What folder do I look in ?

polomora
19-10-12, 07:58
As a new user, thanks for the tutorial.

Just a note: The settings links is no longer active.

irv2000
19-10-12, 09:25
so how would i put this in my gigablue box
Latitude: 53.7416°

Longitude: -2.3990

is it 000.239 west
053.741 east

Maxwell
19-10-12, 09:42
longitude = 002.399 West
latitude = 053.741 North

daps
23-10-12, 21:03
having a problem with bouquets, does anyone know how to get channel numbers in order eg
101 - BBC at the moment its channel 29.
I'm using Dreamboxedit version 5.0.2.0 on VU+ DUO box

thank in advance

Stanman
23-10-12, 21:06
Which bouquets? try using the mr mister ones and
options advance make sure allow duplicates is ticked.

daps
23-10-12, 21:12
i'm using mr mister, and have the allow duplicates ticked but no joy :confused:

daps
23-10-12, 21:36
downloaded again and all seems ok now

georgede
02-11-12, 07:44
Is the Vu+ Uno tuner better than Vu+ Duo?
I have both and I have a problem with the Sky UK channel.
It seems that on the Uno work fine and on the Duo thete is no signal at all until midnignt?
Looks like Duos tuner is weaker than Uno.
Any solution or any chance to upgrade it and work better?

Larry-G
02-11-12, 08:00
what channel ?

georgede
02-11-12, 09:19
is the vu unos tuner better than the vu duo?
I am asking this, because I have both and it seems that on the one I have trouble getting sky channels and on the other it seems okay.
Actually there is lower signal on the duo than the uno.
Is it anyway to upgrade the signal?
thanks

Stanman
02-11-12, 10:47
Where you based?

Was it same cable each time?

georgede
03-11-12, 10:53
same cable... i am talking about most of th channels. i am in cyprus and the signal is not so strong. In the uno I am getting the same channels, in Duo not all. I have a quad lnd inverto...

georgede
11-11-12, 12:22
they are working now... thanks. I had to use another frequency..

jimmypegasus
28-12-12, 19:04
Hi folks, help needed,
I purchased a duo from world of satellite, installed the hard drive ok.
I updatd the kernell first,then tried to install a VIX image (3.0521)
the LCD screen said reading usb, then something like updating programming then remove usb and reboot.
Upon reboot I only have the red LED, no reaction from the remote, any advise much appreciated

ATB
JP

jimmypegasus
28-12-12, 20:00
Flap now over, re-booted again and this timethe vix screenhot and seup menu came on, pheww. :)

Hi folks, help needed,
I purchased a duo from world of satellite, installed the hard drive ok.
I updatd the kernell first,then tried to install a VIX image (3.0521)
the LCD screen said reading usb, then something like updating programming then remove usb and reboot.
Upon reboot I only have the red LED, no reaction from the remote, any advise much appreciated

ATB
JP

Maxwell
28-12-12, 20:13
Always good to give it a minute or two before powering on again after switching off as it gives it time to discharge the capacitors and clear the registers fully

JOOLS05
15-07-13, 12:53
which of these vhannibal updates would be used for sky uk only ?

hot bird or dual feeds or motor etc ?

Larry-G
15-07-13, 13:01
Vhannibal does not produce a bouquet specifically for sky uk, but any of the packs with 28.2 east in the name will cover it.

JOOLS05
16-07-13, 13:54
its vhannibal a friend used on my other box and it worked 28.2 was there ??

hes on holiday and i am trying to update without him - so confused

vhannibal motor or hot bird or dual feeds there are 3 updates for 13072013 and i dont know which one to use

(i am updating with the remote not with dreambox edit as there is a password issue :confused:

abu baniaz
16-07-13, 14:47
which of these vhannibal updates would be used for sky uk only ?

As already mentioned, there isn't one for 28.2 ONLY You can used the motorised. Also, he has three quadri packs. one has 13,19,23 and 28.2.

Have you not considered AutoBouquetsMaker?

locky08
30-05-15, 10:38
hello,
i have no knowledge of how to use the VU+ duo, i am wondering how to upgrade the software on it because i am losing channels and the channels keep freezing and i am thinking it could be the software. can anyone help me? thank you

Andy_Hazza
30-05-15, 11:47
Look at the guides here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2AGuides%20and%20Tutorials%2A %2A%2A/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustyshane@gmail.com
03-07-15, 12:05
Hi, I have just ordered a Vu + dUO 2 for use in Ireland.
I have got it with 1x DVBS DUAL and 1 DVB c/ t for the saorview channels on my aerial. I have some very basic questions, appreciate if someone could help me.

What is VIX?
Why would I load other software onto it?
I read the setup guide someone posted for dummies and it seems a lot of effort just to get FTA channels at the end - this does not make sense, surely I will just plug it in and get the channels in my area.
Do I need to download anything for series link, EPG etc
What else can I do with this machine?
All the posts have people talking about this that and the other but at the end of the day I am not sure where the added benefits are.

I am techie enough so see no problem in downloading something and putting it on a USB and uploading it but I am just unsure why I would.
I bought the Duo as I believe it to be the best from what I have read and I want to learn and make the most of it.

Also, I know I need to buy a modulator for RF out, would appreciate a recommendation.
I will be running the HDMI into a denon receiver and went for the Vu as it has the scart and I can use this I think.
I am guessing it is just the scart into a box and a coax out to a second tv
Much appreciate some help.

garyt76
02-09-15, 13:33
Hi guys I've read through quite a bit of the info in the posts on this thread and although I haven't got my box yet , I'm looking a bit of help on set up. The box I ordered is preloaded with openvix , does this cut out any of the steps regarding flashing with USB etc? I'm new to this type of box as I've only set up a skybox f5 before using the remote control option . is file zilla the ftp programme of choice? And does the box have to be connected to laptop when transferring folders over?