PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Have to ReFlash after creating some Image Backups

dfdream
18-09-12, 21:17
For the last month or 2 I have been having several crashes while making VIX image backups.
Its happening on my DUO and Solo since 3.0 204 and up.
Its driving me nuts.
Once or twice its been fine the rest a disaster.
The backup fails at 70% and when rebooted I get nothing.
I have to re-flash...
Anyone else with this issue.

judge
18-09-12, 21:20
Can you upload any crash logs generated please.

Larry-G
18-09-12, 21:24
if possible could you also enable debug logs and upload any that coincide with the failed backups ?, this would give us a better idea of whats going wrong for you.

dfdream
18-09-12, 22:42
Will do.
Seems odd that just creating a backup would render the system un useable requiring a reflash.
You would imagine that it would have to be a serious thing to put a system into that state.

Larry-G
18-09-12, 22:51
Will do.
Seems odd that just creating a backup would render the system un useable requiring a reflash.
You would imagine that it would have to be a serious thing to put a system into that state.

Which is why we need the logs so that we can try and track down your problem.

Rob van der Does
19-09-12, 06:36
We definitely need logs; I make images all the time and never ran into any problem, so we're very curious to know what went wrong.
In the meantime can you tell us:
1- Does the box have a HDD? And if so: internal or USB, and what format does it have?
2- To which device are you making a backup and what format does it have?
3- If the format(s) of the media is/are Ext3/4: where they formatted by the box?

dfdream
19-09-12, 08:07
1 - No HDD in the SOLO. Just ext4 usb stick for PICONS and EPG. All recordings are made to the movie folder on my DUO.
2 - Backing up to the HDD on the DUO so I can access them easily if I need to restore the image....
3 - All Storage devices are formated by the boxes in EXT4.

I firstly thought that something might be saving to the internal flash but image temp folders were created on the DUOs HDD, also the picons and epg were set to USB and the logs were also set to USB.

Im not so much woried about the failure of the backup but moreso the fact that it required a reflash to sort...

We definitely need logs; I make images all the time and never ran into any problem, so we're very curious to know what went wrong.
In the meantime can you tell us:
1- Does the box have a HDD? And if so: internal or USB, and what format does it have?
2- To which device are you making a backup and what format does it have?
3- If the format(s) of the media is/are Ext3/4: where they formatted by the box?

Rob van der Does
19-09-12, 08:20
1 - No HDD in the SOLO. Just ext4 usb stick for PICONS and EPG. All recordings are made to the movie folder on my DUO.
2 - Backing up to the HDD on the DUO so I can access them easily if I need to restore the image....
3 - All Storage devices are formated by the boxes in EXT4.

I firstly thought that something might be saving to the internal flash but image temp folders were created on the DUOs HDD, also the picons and epg were set to USB and the logs were also set to USB.

Im not so much woried about the failure of the backup but moreso the fact that it required a reflash to sort...
Thanks for your feedback.
Yes indeed: your worry is ours.
Looks like it has something to do with making an image to an external location (DUO-mount); I'm not sure if that's supposed to be possible.
I think making image backups to a local device (you have the USB-stick there) will not cause any problem.

I'll try here to make an image backup the way you do and see if that works.

Silent
19-09-12, 19:56
Just to add to this, I've had to reflash twice in the last week because the automatic backups have killed it. I've enabled debug logs as well.

My HDD is ext4, formatted by the Duo.

Was a bummer coming home on Sunday after a week away working to find the Duo had crashed and Match of the Day hadn't recorded lol.